The space-based C4ISR Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Rising adoption of geospatial systems for better surveillance and faster response time has bolstered the growth prospects of the market. Technological advancements in microelectronics have been vital toward developing sophisticated space-based C4ISR systems with advanced features while diminishing associated R&D costs.
- On account of capability enhancement initiatives undertaken by countries, such as the United States, high demand for space-based C4ISR systems from North America is expected to contribute toward driving the market during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Advancements in Electronic Warfare Technologies
The nature of battles has changed drastically with the advent of technology. For various military requirements, including communication, the defense agencies around the world require space capability to meet the demand for more operationally responsive forces. Global defense forces deploy space-based C4ISR systems to monitor and analyze points of interest located in hostile territory. Countries, such as the United States, Russia, and China, have diverted their efforts toward the development of sophisticated and powerful C4ISR systems that can penetrate the defenses of hostile adversaries to obtain mission-critical information. The focus of NCW is the assimilation of minimum information that needs to be exchanged. Therefore, effective ways to capture that information and portray it into actionable intelligence require the integration of sophisticated sensors and subsystems to capture actionable intelligence. Since, the networks that extract data from multiple data feeds to assimilate into a single combined intelligence picture further amplify the effect of data collection by individual C4ISR systems, as overlaying the feeds of multiple systems enhances situational awareness to a level far beyond the capabilities of an individual. Thus, the increasing adoption of electronic warfare is expected to drive the demand for sophisticated C4ISR systems and fuel the growth of the market in focus during the forecast period.
North America is Expected to Register the Highest Growth Rate During the Forecast Period
The existence of a robust infrastructure framework for the rapid development and deployment of space-based C4ISR systems in North America has bolstered the growth of the market in the region. The United States has invested its vast technological prowess toward the indigenous development of several weapon systems to foster its military prowess over all dominions. The United States has deployed more space assets than any other country in the world, and it is heavily reliant on the deployed space framework to support and enhance its war-fighting capability. The US SOCOM envisions network-centric warfare as a vital domain for the expansion of joint operational programs by the defense forces. On this note, the United States is launching several satellites every year to extend its military communication capabilities. For instance, in August 2019, the US Air Force launched its fifth Advanced Extremely High Frequency spacecraft (AEHF-5) military communication satellite onboard an Atlas V rocket from Cape Canaveral, in Florida, the United States. The AEHF-5 provides jam-proof communications, including real-time video streaming between the control and the deployed forces. Also, in May 2019, the US launched the Harbinger satellite to demonstrate synthetic aperture radar imaging capability and high-bandwidth downlink capabilities in a small satellite. Several such launches are scheduled during the forecast period, therefore driving the North American segment of the market in focus.
L3Harris Corporation, CACI International Inc., BAE Systems PLC, Northrop Grumman Corporation, and Lockheed Martin Corporation are some of the prominent players in the market. However, several other manufacturers provide C4ISR solutions for the space platform. Favorable government policies and the existing global security scenario is fostering strategic collaboration between regional and global market players to merge their technological prowess and jointly develop sophisticated space-based C4ISR systems. The consolidation of the market may occur during the forecast period on account of mergers and acquisitions. For instance, in February 2018, Cubic Corporation acquired MotionDSP to strengthen its capabilities in the C4ISR platform. Such trends would enhance competitive rivalry among the market players.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Type
- 5.1.1 C4
- 5.1.2 ISR
- 5.1.3 Electronic Warfare
- 5.2 Geography
- 5.2.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 5.2.2 Europe
- 220.127.116.11 Germany
- 18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
- 22.214.171.124 France
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
- 5.2.3 Asia-Pacific
- 188.8.131.52 India
- 184.108.40.206 China
- 220.127.116.11 Japan
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.2.4 Rest of the World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Rheinmetall Defense
- 6.2.2 General Dynamics Corporation
- 6.2.3 Maxar Technologies Ltd
- 6.2.4 Lockheed Martin Corporation
- 6.2.5 Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 6.2.6 BAE Systems PLC
- 6.2.7 CACI International Inc.
- 6.2.8 Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc.
- 6.2.9 The Boeing Company
- 6.2.10 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- 6.2.11 Thales-Raytheon Systems Company LLC
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS