The aircraft communication systems market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
- The surge in global air passenger traffic has encouraged the procurement of new generation commercial aircraft, while the evolution of technology has proliferated the application scope of military aviation, leading to substantial growth in the demand for aircraft communication systems for monitoring and directing aircraft midflight in conjunction with the other aircraft systems, such as navigation systems, and flight management systems.
- The technological shift to integrate advanced systems into an aircraft for performance and safety enhancement has resulted in the gradual development of sophisticated onboard communication systems, such as the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS). With ACARS becoming a part of the standard cockpit installation of an aircraft, the growth prospects of the market in focus are anticipated to be positive during the forecast period.
Key Market Trends
Aircraft Communication Systems Market is Majorly Driven by the Growth in Commercial Aviation
The commercial aircraft segment accounted for a major share of the aircraft communication systems market during the base year. This was due to the comparatively higher number of deliveries of commercial aircraft than military aircraft. As per the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the air passenger traffic is anticipated to reach around 10 billion by 2040, with a projected 90 million annual departures for commercial aircraft globally. This signifies the necessity to induct several new commercial aircraft during the forecast period. Hence, several airline operators have initiated aggressive fleet modernization programs to maximize revenue per aircraft and simultaneously enhance market share and sustainability. For instance, to support the rapid growth of the Indian aviation industry, Airbus forecasted a potential market for 1,880 aircraft scheduled to be delivered to airline operators in India by 2040. Since aircraft communication systems are essential to maintain constant contact between the pilots and air-traffic control (ATC) ground stations, new-generation aircraft are anticipated to integrate sophisticated communication systems, such as WebCS. Furthermore, the advent of satellite communication systems is also anticipated to bolster the adoption of advanced aircraft communication systems to enhance the onboard safety of an aircraft and enhance the situational awareness of the pilots. Such developments can foster the growth of the market in focus during the forecast period.
North America to Register Highest Growth in 2019
The growth of the North American aircraft communication systems market is supported by the robust aviation infrastructure in the region. The region comprises technologically advanced countries and mature markets, such as the United States and Canada. The rapid increase in the regional demand for new aircraft, both commercial and military, has created a parallel requirement for investments in airframe systems and associated component manufacturing sectors. Furthermore, the presence of several prominent aircraft system designers and integrators in the region has channelized substantial funds into the development of advanced communication technologies. This has also encouraged tier-1 and tier-2 component suppliers to enhance their offerings and reduce the overall cost of ownership of their offerings for integration into the aircraft models of major OEMs in the region. Moreover, several new routes are being considered for launch during the forecast period. Prominent carriers, such as American Airlines and Air Canada, have launched or are considering launching new routes to address the growing demand for air travel. Such developments render a positive outlook for the market in focus during the forecast period.
Honeywell International Inc., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Thales Group, Harris Corporation, and General Dynamics Corporation are some of the prominent players in the aircraft communication systems market. Innovation plays a vital role for the players to gain a competitive edge over their rivals and ensure sustainability. The vendors in the market focus on the designing, engineering, and manufacturing of high-performance communication systems for aircraft. Hence, the market is directly affected by economic factors and other trends that impact the aerospace industry, which include a possible consolidation of the market through the backward integration activities of aircraft OEMs. The revenues of market players are also cyclic in nature as they are dependent on the number of aircraft deliveries to both commercial and military end-users. Unanticipated developments, such as the COVID-19 outbreak, can expose existing players to certain risks associated with design responsibility, new production tool development, increased capital and funding commitments, delivery schedules, and unique contractual requirements. Moreover, new aircraft programs may be prone to cost-overrun and delay or termination, depending on market conditions. Also, there are certain risks associated with the transfer of technology, knowledge, and tooling, which may affect the financial status of aircraft communication system manufacturers, rendering them susceptible to revenue fluctuations.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Market Drivers
- 4.3 Market Restraints
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Components
- 5.1.1 Transponder
- 5.1.2 Display and Processor
- 5.1.3 Antenna
- 5.2 Aircraft Type
- 5.2.1 Commercial Aircraft
- 5.2.2 Military Aircraft
- 5.3 Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 18.104.22.168 United States
- 22.214.171.124 Canada
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 France
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 India
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.3.4 Latin America
- 184.108.40.206 Brazil
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Latin America
- 5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 United Arab Emirates
- 126.96.36.199 South Africa
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Collins Aerospace (United Technologies Corporation)
- 6.2.2 Honeywell International Inc.
- 6.2.3 Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 6.2.4 Thales Group
- 6.2.5 Raytheon Company
- 6.2.6 L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- 6.2.7 General Dynamics Corporation
- 6.2.8 Iridium Communications Inc.
- 6.2.9 Kratos Defense & Security Solutions Inc.
- 6.2.10 ViaSat Inc.
- 6.2.11 Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
- 6.2.12 Gogo Inc.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS