The Automotive Carpeting Market is expected to register a CAGR of over 6% during the forecast period (2020 - 2025).
- Isolation from noise, heat and dirt are the major characteristics of floor carpets and trunk trims in vehicles. Premium Buyers, especially in China and Middle-East regions are very particular about the interiors of the vehicle. They demand relatively better quality of Nylon yarn than their European counterparts. This trend will propel the growth of the premium floor carpets market.
- Essex Carpeting, is one amongst the luxurious type of automotive carpets that is made with 100% Nylon Yarn, a plush pile carpet that is less dense than velvet. As OEMs offer these carpets as a standard option in premium vehicles, retrofit of the aforementioned category is available in aftermarket through online and offline channels, as a cost effectiveoption. Autoneum Holdings Ltd, in 2018, has developed tufted carpets with water repellent fiber technology for compact and medium class vehicles.
- Innovations in the automotive interior industry are gaining traction, with the aim of providing enhanced comfort to the passengers. Conventional multi-layer foams are replaced by light -weight water repellent fibers made from recycled cotton, that offers 50% weight reduction than that of traditional fibers.
Key Market Trends
Decreasing Passenger Vehicle Sales May Hinder the Growth of The Market
Passenger cars account for the largest market share in the automotive carpeting market. Over the last few years, production and sales of passenger cars have seen a decline. The sales of passenger vehicles in 2017 were 70.6 million units which were decreased to 68.6 million units in 2018. The sales of passenger vehicles were further decreased to 64.3 million units in 2019. Global events like tariff war between China and the United States of America is further affecting the sales of passenger vehicles.
The government around the globe to curb the growing pollution is making strict emission standards which is negatively affecting the sales of passenger vehicles. For instance, in India, in order to curb the increasing pollution, the government has made it mandatory for passenger vehicles to be BS-VI compliant by April 2020.
The sales of the passenger vehicle are further going to decrease due to the Corona outbreak in China as the outbreak has disrupted China's auto Supply Chain and is negatively affecting the sales of passenger vehicles as consumers are unable to buy vehicles since they are forced to stay at home.
Asia-Pacific Is Expected to Be Automotive Carpeting Market Leader
The global automotive carpeting market is dominated by the Asia-Pacific region. As more than 50% of the vehicle is manufactured in the Asia-Pacific region, the region accounts for the largest share, in terms of demand for automotive carpeting across the globe. Additionally, with rapid urbanization in countries such as India, China, ASEAN Countries, the demand for and sales of a passenger vehicle has been continually increasing, in turn boosting the demand for carpeting in the automotive industry.
Apart from passenger cars, with growing environmental concerns among both the consumers and governments in the region, the adoption of electric vehicles has increased significantly, especially in China, which is also expected to drive the market for carpeting. However, the growth of the Chinese market in 2019 has been sluggish owing to changes in the regulatory policy the production is expected to bounce back as automakers absorb these changes with price adjustments.
Electric vehicle manufacturer across the globe are entering the Chinese market to capitalize on increasing demand for electric vehicles by establishing major manufacturing units, for instance, in December 2018, Tesla started construction of its manufacturing facility in Shanghai province of China, the construction was completed on August 2019, and the production of Tesla Model 3 cars started on October 2019. According to the company the manufacturing facility has a capacity of 250,000 electric cars per year.
The afore-mentioned factors are expected to drive the Automotive Carpeting Market over the forecast period.
The Automotive Carpeting Market is consolidated. Some of the major players dominating the market are Faurecia SA, Borgers AG, Magna International, Sugihara Co. Ltd., Bharat Seats Ltd, amongst others. The automotive carpeting market is mainly driven by research and development by major manufacturers. Companies are investing heavily in the automotive carpeting market.
For instance, in February 2018, Aica Kogyo Company, Limited (Aica Kogyo) announced that it has jointly developed a new polyolefin hot melt adhesive for automotive floor carpets with its Indonesian group company, PT. Aica Indria. The new adhesive named Aica Melt Inmelt 435MOD/C offers improved heat resistance for carpets that are used around automotive engines. The new product's softening point is higher than that of an existing product released in 2017, and adhesive strength is maintained even at high temperatures.
Instead of road, engine and component noise insulation, Autoneum has come up withsound absorption technology with its Tune-It, that further reduces the weight of the carpeting material up to 25% compared to that of needlepunch parts that consists of 100% PET which is fully recyclable.
In addition, the company has announced that it has developed Tufted Carpets in 2018 in which the company claims that it has incorporated Carpet Cleanability Analyzer measurement system. Based on the residue on the carpet surface, the system calculates the dirt resistance of the respective technology. This system was provided to a French Vehicle manufacturers in Early 2018.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material
- 5.1.1 Nylon
- 5.1.2 Acrylic
- 5.1.3 Olefins
- 5.1.4 Fiber
- 5.2 Component Type
- 5.2.1 Floor Carpet
- 5.2.2 Trunk Trim
- 5.3 Vehicle Type
- 5.3.1 Passenger Cars
- 5.3.2 Commercial Vehicles
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Rest of North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 22.214.171.124 Germany
- 126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
- 188.8.131.52 France
- 184.108.40.206 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168 India
- 22.214.171.124 China
- 126.96.36.199 Japan
- 188.8.131.52 South Korea
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 220.127.116.11 Mexico
- 18.104.22.168 Brazil
- 22.214.171.124 Argentina
- 126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 188.8.131.52 United Arab Emirates
- 184.108.40.206 Saudi Arabia
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Alliance Interiors LLC
- 6.2.2 BBI Enterprises Group
- 6.2.3 Faurecia SA
- 6.2.4 Hyosung
- 6.2.5 Borgers AG
- 6.2.6 Autoneum Holding Ltd.
- 6.2.7 International Automotive Components Group
- 6.2.8 UGN Inc.
- 6.2.9 Reyes Amtex Automotive LLC
- 6.2.10 Toyota Boshoku Corp.
- 6.2.11 Hayashi Telempu Co. Ltd.
- 6.2.12 Sugihara Co. Ltd
- 6.2.13 Kasai Kogyo Co., Ltd.
- 6.2.14 Shenyang Jinbei Yanfeng Automotive Interiors Co., Ltd.
- 6.2.15 Bharat Seats Ltd.
- 6.2.16 Grand Carpet Industries Sdn Bhd
- 6.2.17 HAYASHI TELEMPU CORPORATION
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS