The Automotive Cylinder Liner Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 5% during the forecast period.
- The global automotive cylinder liner market is expected to witness high growth over the forecast period. Developing nations will account for the major percentage of internal combustion engines, while there is even spread throughout in case of cylinder liners. Growth in eco-friendly vehicles impedes the growth of gas-driven automobiles which inadvertently reduces the prospects of cylinder liners.
- Manufacturers will strive to reduce the weight of liners by adopting to lightweight metals, but to get optimum material which can take engines high-temperature piston rings friction and being leak proof is a major challenge. Aluminum cylinder liners will be a frontrunner in terms of growth, this is due to the fact that the prices of aluminum are constant over the past five years and no changes are to be expected in the coming near future.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the automotive cylinder liners market, due to the increase in the production and sales of vehicles. China, India, Japan, the Philippines, and Australia are turning out to be potential markets for demand and supply of automobiles, owing to many automotive manufacturers establishing their manufacturing and assembly plants in these countries. This can be attributed to the availability of labor at low costs, raw material prices, and growing urban population in the region
Key Market Trends
Electric Vehicle may hinder the growth of the Market:
Electric vehicles are one of the fastest growing mode of transport. The electric vehicle market is maturing at a fast rate, as these vehicles do not cause pollution, thereby, making them ecofriendly. The exhaust emission from the conventional internal combustion engine has become a major contributor to the environmental pollution.
Electric vehicles' sales and production have witnessed a tremendously rapid growth, due to numerous advanced technological developments. The manufacturing companies have undertaken R&D concerning the design, range, and maintenance of these vehicles.
As the demand for electric vehicles is growing around the world, the governments from all the regions are taking initiatives to accelerate the shift of their nation's vehicle fleet from combustion to electric drive. Thus, this has led to rapid growth in the sales of the electric vehicles. For instance;
- In 2018, the federal and state regulators undertook some actions in this regard, including Evolve NY (an electric vehicle expansion initiative in New York), funding opportunities for advanced electric vehicle projects by the United States Department of Energy, and rebate programs for EV charging stations in Ohio, the United States. Oil dependence benefits, climate change, and clean air are the most crucial factors for different governments across the world in promoting electric vehicles.
- The Government of Thailand started an initiative to make the country a hub for the production ofelectric vehicles (EVs) to attract foreign investments for high value-added and advanced industries and promote the use of green cars. In March 2017, the government approved investment incentives that exempt the manufacturers of electrified vehicles, including hybrids (HVs), plug-in hybrids (PHVs), and EVs, from corporate income taxes for a certain period.
- The Indian government announced that it is planning to achieve a 100% Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) market in the country, by 2030.
The increasing environmental concerns from the regulating authorities and their plans to increase the number of ZEVs are posing a threat to the existing internal combustion engines, and consequently, to the cylinder liners during the forecast period.
Commercial Vehicle segment to grow in North America and Asia-Pacific:
Commercial Vehicle sales have increased significantly over the past three years. In 2018 the total commercial vehicles sold across the globe accounted for 26.3 million units, representing a 5.06% growth in sales as compared to 2017. The United States dominated the commercial vehicle market with over 47%, followed by China with 16.5%, and India with 3.8%. The increasing demand for commercial vehicles is primarily driven by the increasing activities in the construction, mining, tourism, and freight and logistics sectors.
Government policies and initiatives are also expected to propel the growth of the market. For instance, the potential demand created by the "One Belt One Road" policy of China will continue to drive the sales for commercial vehicles in the country.
China, India, the Philippines, and Vietnam are turning out to be potential markets for demand and supply of automobiles, owing to many automobiles' manufacturers establishing their manufacturing and assembly plants in these countries. This can be attributed to the availability of labor at low costs, raw material prices, and the growing urban population in the region.
Major manufacturers, such as TATA, Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, Saic Motors are launching new models of commercial vehicles to meet the growing demand of the region. For instance, some of the recently launched commercial vehicles are Tata winger 17-seater, Mahindra Furio, etc.
The automotive cylinder liner market is a fragmented market. Some of the major players dominating the cylinder liner market are Mahle GmBH, Federal-Mogul, GKN China Holding Co., Ltd., Darton International, Inc., ZYNP. Major manufacturers are investing heavily in the research and development of automotive cylinder liner to increase their profits as well as to increase the efficiency of the products.
For instance, in June 2019, Tenneco's Powertrain has presented its all-new Megaband cylinder technology at the 2019 IAA Frankfurt. According to the company, Megaband liners provide superior robustness for high performance and durability on engines with cast aluminum cylinder blocks. The new technology is suitable for light vehicle applications of all types: gasoline, diesel and alternative fuels as well as hybridized versions.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Material
- 5.1.1 Cast Iron Cylinder Liners
- 5.1.2 Stainless Steel Cylinder Liners
- 5.1.3 Aluminum Cylinder Liners
- 5.1.4 Titanium Cylinder Liners
- 5.2 Fuel Type
- 5.2.1 Gasoline
- 5.2.2 Diesel
- 5.3 Contact
- 5.3.1 Wet Cylinder Liner
- 5.3.2 Dry Cylinder Liners
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 188.8.131.52 United States
- 184.108.40.206 Canada
- 220.127.116.11 Rest of North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 18.104.22.168 Germany
- 22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Spain
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 China
- 22.214.171.124 Japan
- 126.96.36.199 South Korea
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 Latin America
- 184.108.40.206 Mexico
- 220.127.116.11 Brazil
- 18.104.22.168 Argentina
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Latin America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
- 126.96.36.199 United Arab Emirates
- 188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
- 184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Mahle GmbH
- 6.2.2 Federal Mogul LLC
- 6.2.3 GKN China Holding Co.Ltd
- 6.2.4 Melling Cylinder Sleeves
- 6.2.5 TPR Co., Ltd
- 6.2.6 Westwood Cylinder Liners Ltd
- 6.2.7 Darton International, Inc.
- 6.2.8 ZYNP
- 6.2.9 Laystall Engineering Co., Ltd
- 6.2.10 India Pistons Ltd.
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS