The electric and autonomous vehicles wiring harness market is expected to exhibit a growth rate of 19% during the forecast period 2020-2025.
- Governments across the world are putting pressure on vehicle manufacturers to reduce carbon emissions caused by diesel and gasoline fuel combustion and tackle greenhouse gas emissions, in turn, pushing them to invest in developing electric vehicles, while low-emission zones are driving fleets to replace diesel trucks with cleaner options. Incentives for adoption of cleaner and zero emission vehicles and reduction in fuel and maintenance costs are also driving the growth for electric vehicles and thus demand for electric vehicles wiring harness system.
- Owing to the demand for lighter vehicles with improved efficiency, x-by-wire systems will exhibit a significant growth rate in future due to their lightweight as they reduce or eliminate the usage of mechanical components with electronic control systems that are also easy to tune and service. This will drive the market for electric and autonomous vehicles wiring harness systems.
- The rising demand for vehicle safety and stringent government rules are driving the ADAS market growth. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) makes it mandatory for all the trucks with weight range 8501 lb. to 10000 lb. to be equipped with Automatic Emergency Braking by September 1, 2022. United Kingdom has also set up Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAV) that is working towards establishing laws and regulations to allow vehicle testing on highways and roads.
Key Market Trends
Increasing Demand for Electrical cars and Autonomous Cars
The adoption rate of electric vehicles is increasing across the globe and the sales of electric and hybrid vehicles will show a significant growth during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the stringent emission norms and increased battery density. OEMs are introducing ADAS in even low-price segment cars. From 2020, all the newly manufactured cars in the US will come installed with Automatic braking system, Lane Departure Warning System and Parking assistance system. This factor is expected to fuel the market for x by wire systems.
The autonomous car manufacturers will soon reach level 5 autonomy in which steering wheel's mechanical movement will be picked by sensors and electric control units will convert these signals into electronic signals that will control the electric motors for the movement of wheels.
China and India have manufacturing plants of some of the major OEMs that caters to global and local needs. Due to increase in disposable income of customers and infrastructure development in this region, demand for passenger cars and commercial vehicles is rising. China's adoption rate of electric vehicles is very high and it is constantly investing in reducing the weight of the vehicle. This is driving the installation rate of x by wire systems in vehicles and is eventually driving the market growth for electric and autonomous vehicles wiring harness.
North America is Leading the X-by-wire System Market
Geographically, the market studied is led by North America, followed by Asia-Pacific. In 2018, the United States dominated the North American region and accounted for approximately 72% of the regional share.
Shift by wire systems and throttle by wire systems enjoys a healthy share of x by wire system market in the US.
Additionally, with the growing demand for the adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles, electric vehicle manufacturers are also looking forward to adopting brake-by-wire systems in their vehicles.
With the growing trend of autonomous vehicles in the United States, automobile manufacturers, such as BMW, Audi, and Daimler, are now introducing autonomous vehicles in the market, which is expected to further boost the demand for the x-by-wire market.
- For instance, on June, 13 2018, Magna announced that it is partnering with May Mobility, an Ann Arbor, Michigan startup, for manufacturing self-driving shuttles, to retrofit and scale up May Mobility's unique fleet of low-speed electric micro shuttles, which were launched in the US market on June, 26 2018.
Furthermore, with growing environmental concerns, along with the enactment of stringent emission regulations, the demand for and adoption of electric vehicles have been continually increasing, which in turn, is propelling the demand for x-by-wire systems in the country.
The steering manufacturers, who are already present in the country, are making strategic partnerships and are expanding their businesses across the world. For instance, Nexteer Automotive announced that the company is expanding its strategic software investment.
- The role of software in vehicles, especially in safety-critical steering, is evolving quickly. Nexteer's software plays a critical role, including cybersecurity, in its products, such as steer-by-wire (SbW) and electric power steering systems (EPS).
- Nexteer has also formed a joint venture with Dongfeng Motor Parts and Components Group Co. Ltd in China, which is expected to further boost the market for x-by-wire systems in the country.
The electric and autonomous vehicles wiring harness market is a fragmented market with major players such as Leoni, Furukawa Electric, Motherson Sumi dominating the market.
- Tesla In 2019 unveiled a new system of installing wiring harnesses and looms in a vehicle that reduces the total length of wires installed in a car from miles to few 100 meters. Using this system, the wiring harnesses can be installed using robots quickly and cost effectively.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
Table of Contents
- 1.1 Study Assumptions
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1 Market Drivers
- 4.2 Market Restraints
- 4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
- 4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
- 4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 5.1 Application
- 5.1.1 Powertrain
- 5.1.2 Comfort And Convenience
- 5.1.3 Safety And Security
- 5.1.4 Body Wiring
- 5.1.5 Others
- 5.2 Vehicle Type
- 5.2.1 Passenger Cars
- 5.2.2 Commercial Vehicles
- 5.3 Components
- 5.3.1 Wires
- 5.3.2 Terminals
- 5.3.3 Relays
- 5.3.4 Fuses
- 5.3.5 Connectors
- 5.3.6 Others
- 5.4 Geography
- 5.4.1 North America
- 22.214.171.124 United States
- 126.96.36.199 Canada
- 188.8.131.52 Rest of North America
- 5.4.2 Europe
- 184.108.40.206 Germany
- 220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
- 18.104.22.168 France
- 22.214.171.124 Russia
- 126.96.36.199 Spain
- 188.8.131.52 Rest Of Europe
- 5.4.3 Asia-Pacific
- 184.108.40.206 India
- 220.127.116.11 China
- 18.104.22.168 Japan
- 22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 5.4.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Argentina
- 184.108.40.206 Rest Of South America
- 5.4.5 Middle-East
- 220.127.116.11 United Arab Emirates
- 18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
- 22.214.171.124 Rest Of World
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 6.1 Vendor Market Share
- 6.2 Company Profiles
- 6.2.1 Furukawa Electric Group
- 6.2.2 Leoni AG
- 6.2.3 Motherson Sumi Systems Limited
- 6.2.4 Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems Inc.
- 6.2.5 AME Systems (VIC) Pty Limited
- 6.2.6 Electronic Technologies International Inc.
- 6.2.7 Amphenol CTI Industries Inc.
- 6.2.8 Cesar Scott Inc.
- 6.2.9 Patrick Industries Inc.
- 6.2.10 LeeMAH Electronics Inc.
- 6.2.11 Varroc Lighting Systems
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS