※ 본 상품은 영문 자료로 한글과 영문 목차에 불일치하는 내용이 있을 경우 영문을 우선합니다. 정확한 검토를 위해 영문 목차를 참고해주시기 바랍니다.
소비자용 IoT 시장 규모는 2021-2026년 예측기간 중 17.52%의 CAGR로 확대될 것으로 예측됩니다. IoT 테크놀러지는 소비자 주도 활동을 실시하기 위한 핵심이 되고, 기존 설정을 새로운 모델이나 갱신된 모델로 업그레이드할 수 있게 되었습니다. 스마트홈 테크놀러지 채용은 급속한 성장을 이루고 있는 또 다른 응용 분야입니다.
Internet & Television Association 추정에 의하면 IoT 접속 디바이스 수는 2018년 348억에서 2020년까지 501억에 달할 것으로 예상됩니다. 이 성장은 주로 다양한 최종사용자 업계 전체에서 소비자용 IoT 시장 성장을 크게 전진시킨 다양한 네트워킹 프로토콜 개발과 함께 다수 디바이스와 애플리케이션의 접속 능력 통합에 기인할 것으로 보입니다.
피트니스, 헬스케어, 자동차, 가정 등 폭넓은 소비자 카테고리는 그 자체가 소비자의 IoT를 작성합니다. 스마트워치, 이어폰, TV가 최근 몇년 간 증가하고 있기 때문에 컴포넌트 레벨의 더 큰 소형화, 센서 정확도 향상 및 데이터 분석에 의해 접속된 의료용 액세서리로의 길이 열리고 있습니다.
또한 IoT 가전제품에 전력을 공급하기 위한 5G 네트워크 전개가 추진력을 얻음에 따라 관련 매출은 최대화할 것으로 예상됩니다. 새로운 셀룰러 네트워크 기술은 소비자 시장에 속도와 저지연을 제공할 것으로 기대되고 있습니다.
따라서 수요 증가로 대부분의 FMCG 업계의 기업은 IoT 디바이스와 네트워크 보류를 경험할 가능성이 있으며, 그 결과 공급/가용성 레벨 제약이 경감됩니다. 이것은 IoT 하드웨어와 서비스 비용을 절감하고, 센서와 컨트롤러 비용을 오랜 세월에 걸쳐서 절감합니다.
소비자용 IoT(Consumer IoT) 시장에 대해 조사했으며, 시장 개요와 함께 종류별, 용도별, 지역별 동향 및 시장에 참여하는 기업 개요 등을 제공합니다.
제2장 조사 방법
제3장 주요 요약
제4장 시장 인사이트
- 시장 개요
- Porter's Five Forces 분석
- 업계의 밸류체인 분석
- 소비자용 IoT 시장의 COVID-19 평가
제5장 시장 역학
- 시장 성장 촉진요인
- 커넥티드 디바이스 채용 증가와 소비자 사이에서의 테크놀러지 급증
- 5G와 셀룰러 네트워크 증가의 영향
- 시장 과제
- 정부 규제, 데이터 보안과 프라이버시 및 상호운용성 우려
제6장 시장 세분화
- 하드웨어(프로세서, 센서, 게이트웨이, 컨트롤러, 스위치 등의 컴포넌트)
- 솔루션(독립 소프트웨어와 통합 플랫폼)
- 서비스(디바이스 수명주기 관리, 원격 모니터링 및 구현 서비스)
- 홈 오토메이션(스마트 서모스탯, 미터, 락 등)
- 소비자용 웨어러블(스마트워치, 안경, 피트니스 트래커 등)
- 가전제품(스마트 TV 및 기타 접속된 백색가전)
- 헬스케어(의료 그레이드 디바이스와 웨어러블, 플랫폼 등)
- 자동차(인포테인먼트 시스템, 커넥티드카 등)
- 중동과 아프리카
제7장 경쟁 상황
- 기업 개요
- AT&T Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Sony Corporation
- Apple Inc.
- LG Electronics
- Alphabet Inc.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise(HPE)
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- IBM Corporation
- Schneider Electric SE
- Symantec Corporation
- Qorvo Inc.
제8장 투자 분석
제9장 세계의 소비자용 IoT 시장 전망
The consumer IoT market is expected to register a CAGR of 17.52% during the forecast period of 2021-2026. IoT technology has become a keystone for conducting consumer-driven activities, thus, empowering them to upgrade the existing preferences with newer and updated models. The adoption of smart home technology is another area of application witnessing rapid growth.
- According to the Internet & Television Association's estimates, by 2020, the number of IoT connected devices is expected to reach 50.1 billion from 34.8 billion in 2018. The growth can majorly be attributed to the integration of connectivity competence in a large number of devices and applications, along with the development of various networking protocols that have appreciably advanced the growth of the consumer IoT market across various end-user industries.
- A wide range of consumer categories, including fitness, healthcare, automobiles, and the home, itself creates the consumer Internet of Things. As smartwatches, earbuds, and televisions are on the rise for the last few years, further component level miniaturizations, increased sensor accuracy, and data analysis are paving the way for connected medical accessories.
- Additionally, as 5G network rollouts for powering IoT consumer electronics gain traction, allied sales are expected to maximize. The new cellular network technology is expected to offer speed and low latency to the consumer's market.
- Accordingly, in the wake of rising demand, most FMCG industry players may experience shelving IoT devices and networks, thus, reducing the supply/availability-level constraints. This is also a result of reducing the cost of IoT hardware and services with the cost of sensors and controllers dropping over the years.
- Whereas on the automotive front, applications, such as connected car systems and in-car infotainment systems, are leveraging IoT capabilities. Major automotive OEMs have been collaborating with component and solution providers to develop mission-critical offerings. This is their take on competing across enhanced customer experience stack.
- Due to the recent shut down of businesses across the globe owing to the influence of COVID-19 is expected to influence the consumer IoT market negatively, as prices of chips, sensors and other components used in IoT devices may increase over time due to no production and exhaustion of stocks maintained by the manufacturers in few months.
Key Market Trends
Home Automation is Expected to Account for Maximum Market Share
- With the growing penetration of high-speed internet, the adoption of connected devices and smart home applications is increasing, especially in regions, such as Europe, North America, and Asia-pacific. Some of the majorly incorporated solutions include voice assistants, smart thermostats, smart lighting, security cameras, smart locks, and smart doors, among others.
- As the consumer propensity toward the adoption of smart speakers is increasing. This is, in turn, driving the demand for other connected devices, which may be controlled via such devices. According to Loup Ventures, the smart speaker market's revenue, globally, is expected to reach USD 35.5 billion by 2025.
- Furthermore, products, such as Amazon Echo and Google Home, which have become a central hub for smart home gadgets and their voice-activated assistants, by offering convenience across homes. As of September 2019, Amazon Alexa's skills stood at 100,000, which was at 80,000, back in December 2018. These growing skillsets, among voice assistants, indicate increased functionality in terms of controlling various home operations and lighting and temperature.
- IoT enabled devices may also help in reducing costs and conserve energy across home applications. For instance, as per United Kingdom-based Carbon Trust, a provider of occupancy sensors, tend to identify if a person is in the room. The company further claims that such a product offering serves the capability to reduce energy use by 30% in homes. Whereas its Daylight sensors offer lowered energy usage by up to 40%.
- Automated HVAC control systems and smart thermostats are increasingly becoming part of the homes. For instance, Nest is one of the famous smart home device manufacturers. It is a learning thermostat that automatically adjusts temperature based on the location using a far-field sensor, to determine the time and temperature from a distance; the device works with Alexa as well. Multiple device manufacturers have been witnessed collaborating with solution providers to enter this segment category.
North America Occupies the Largest Market Share
- North America is one of the significant markets for the consumer IoT market in terms of market size. The wide-scale adoption of IoT technologies in many industries like automotive, retail, healthcare, and consumer electronics is one reason for the growth of the IoT market in this region.
- The adoption of smart home technology is another area of application witnessing rapid growth. As per the Consumer Technology Association (CTA), 69% of people in the United States have at least one smart home device, with the expectation of allied devices to reach 35.2 million units in 2020.
- It is one of the leading regions in terms of research into developing IoT applications in new end-user industries. According to Cisco, the US and Canada are expected to be among the countries with the highest average of per capita devices and connections by 2022.
- Furthermore, the rising number of chronic cases, a growing number of diabetes cases have increased the adoption of IoT enabled devices in the healthcare sector in the region. The rapid increase in the adoption of smart connected devices and rising digitalization is likely to drive this market's growth in North America.
- On the other hand, the growth of companies providing supporting technology for consumer IoT also boosts the market's growth. For instance, in October 2019, Microsoft announced the market availability of its Azure Sphere microcontroller (MCU) by February 2020. Microsoft Azure Sphere is a new microchip technology that enables device manufacturers to create equipment with native, highly secure cloud integration. This latest offering from the company can connect the billions of MCU-based devices that cannot currently be connected securely due to limited computing and storage capabilities.
The global consumer IoT market is highly fragmented. The major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. Some of the key developments in the market are:
- In April 2020 - Sony showcased new true wireless earbuds and over-ear head that includes two new mid-range models. These earphones continually analyze environmental ambient sound components and provide one-touch access to Siri, among other features.
- In January 2020 - Verizon collaborated with Honeywell to simplify and speed up the deployment of new communication-enabled intelligent sensors and controls for the smart electric grid. They are expected to drive energy savings by more quickly deploying smart electric grid technologies by integrating Verizon's Managed Connectivity LTE solutions into Honeywell's next-generation smart meters and other electric, gas, and water solutions.
- The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
- 3 months of analyst support
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
- 1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET INSIGHT
- 4.1 Market Overview
- 4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
- 4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
- 4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
- 4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 on the Consumer IoT Market
5 MARKET DYNAMICS
- 5.1 Market Drivers
- 5.1.1 Increasing Adoption of Connected Devices and Technology Proliferation Among Consumers
- 5.1.2 Impact of 5G and Increased Cellular Networks
- 5.2 Market Challenges
- 5.2.1 Government Regulations, Security and Privacy of Data and Interoperability Concerns
6 MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1 By Type
- 6.1.1 Hardware (Components, such as Processors, Sensors, Gateways, Controllers, and Switches)
- 6.1.2 Solutions (Independent Software and Integrated Platforms)
- 6.1.3 Services (Device Lifecycle Management, Remote Monitoring, and implementation Services)
- 6.2 By Application
- 6.2.1 Home Automation (Smart Thermostats, Meters, Locks, etc.)
- 6.2.2 Consumer Wearables (Smart Watches, Glasses, Fitness Trackers, etc.)
- 6.2.3 Consumer Electronics (Smart TV and Other Connected White Goods)
- 6.2.4 Healthcare (Medical-grade Devices and Wearables, Platforms, etc.)
- 6.2.5 Automotive (Infotainment System, Connected Cars, etc.)
- 6.3 Geography
- 6.3.1 North America
- 6.3.2 Europe
- 6.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.4 Latin America
- 6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1 Company Profiles*
- 7.1.1 AT&T Inc.
- 7.1.2 Microsoft Corporation
- 7.1.3 Sony Corporation
- 7.1.4 Apple Inc.
- 7.1.5 LG Electronics
- 7.1.6 Alphabet Inc.
- 7.1.7 Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- 7.1.8 Honeywell International Inc.
- 7.1.9 Cisco Systems Inc.
- 7.1.10 Intel Corporation
- 7.1.11 IBM Corporation
- 7.1.12 Schneider Electric SE
- 7.1.13 Symantec Corporation
- 7.1.14 Qorvo Inc.
8 INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9 FUTURE OF THE GLOBAL CONSUMER IOT MARKET