T&D networks are continuously evolving in both size and nature. They must grow in order to cope with ever rising demand. In the past where it was a matter of adding more lines, transformers and ancillary equipment, today the technology of the systems is often able to substitute increased sophistication for physical growth, or to reduce the additions required by making the system more efficient.
This NRG Expert Database allows you to make key business decisions based on our forecasts and analysis of the Electricity T&D Market. Our team of analysts, backed by the vast data we have collected, have created this industry analysis and forecast data to 2022 for key sectors of the industry.
The database is the main focus of the product and as such contains the important forecast information and current figures. The database consists of 1 Global Data Summary and 9 individual Region Microsoft® Excel (.xlsx) files.
Global Data Summary
The Global Data Summary file contains three tabs:
- Annual Demand
- Line Lengths
The Annual Demand tab shows a regional and by-country overview of the annual demand 2017 actual figures and forecasts for 2018-2022 in 2017 United States Dollars (USD) as broken down into the 9 sectors defined by NRG Expert: Transformers, Power Systems, Utility Automation, Cables, Switchgear, Sub-Stations, Towers, Insulators, and Meters. Scroll right in the spreadsheet to access all sectors.
The Line Lengths tab gives a global overview of the total installed line lengths in both the Transmission and Distribution categories separately. The year 2017 shows actual figures with forecasts from 2018- 2022.
The Capex tab follows a similar format as the Annual Demand tab and shows Capital Expenditure in the T&D industry by region and by country presenting 2017 actual and 2018-2022 forecast figures in 2017 USD.
Each region file contains a tab with T&D Company Listings for that country, a breakdown of the Annual Demand and Capex figures of countries of that region (mirroring the data contained in the Global Data Summary) followed by individual tabs for each country in the region.
NRG Expert has compiled data in the T&D Sector for 180 countries broken down into 9 regions. The country profiles contain1:
- Transmission2 and Distribution line-length (installed KMs) data:
- Capex (2017 actuals forecast to 2022 in 2017 USD)data:
- Annual Demand (2017 actuals forecast to 2022 in 2017 USD) data:
- Generation Capacity (Installed MW Capacity) data:
- Voltage Breakdown and Overhead Underground Analysis
- Network Maps
- Listings of Grid Interconnections
Countries Covered in the Database:
Note: A circle (o) denotes that the data set is included. An asterisk (*) denotes that the data may be partially available or in a non-standard format. A dash (-) means that we do not have data for this category, in the country listed.
1Please see the Countries Covered in the Database section for more information on the data that is available for each country.
Table of Contents
- Terms, Definitions, and Methodology Accompanying the Database
- Transmission and Distribution Sectors
- Cables > 1kV
- Insulators and Fittings
- Power Systems
- Utility Automation
- Forecasting and Modelling approach
- The History of the Electrical Supply Industry
- The Early Origins
- Parallel Developments
- The First Networks
- Regional Evolution of Networks
- International Collaboration and unification
- National Historic Development of Transmission and Distribution Networks for Selected Countries
- The United States
- Great Britain
- The Current State of Global Transmission Networks
- International Transmission Grids
- Technological barriers and developments
- Future Interconnectivity
- Technical Aspects
- AC Underground Cables
- DC Underground Cables
- Technological Developments and the Smart Grid
- Developments and impacts of the smart grid on Transmission and Distribution Systems
- Microgrids and Distributed Generation
- Asset Management and Infrastructure Maximization
- Future Outlook
- Line Lengths
- Capital Expenditure
- Annual Demand Sectors
- Transmission and Distribution Industry Players
- Major Manufacturers and Industry Players
- GE Power
- European Market Shares for Major Manufacturers
- Asian Market Shares for Major Manufacturers
- North American Market Shares for Major Manufacturers
- Table 1: Global Rank by Size of Transmission and Distribution Networks in 2016
- Table 2: European Market Shares in terms of Value for Major Manufacturers
- Table 3: Asian Market Shares in terms of Value for Major Manufacturers
- Table 4: North American Market Shares in terms of Value for Major Manufacturers
- Figure 1: Installed Transmission Line Length by Region (km)
- Figure 2: Installed Distribution Line Length by Region (km)
- Figure 3: Global Development of Capital Expenditure 2016-2021 (million US$)
- Figure 4: Annual Demand Breakdown by Sector
The database can be purchase with or without the report. The database contains data for 180 countries. In the report the analysts selected a number of countries to explore further and provide additional market intelligence information.