Packaging Machinery Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report, By Machine Type (Filling and Dosing, Form, Fill, Seal (FFS), Labeling and Coding, Closing and Sealing, Wrapping and Bundling and Others), By End-User (Food and Beverage, Personal Care, Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Others) and Forecast, 2019-2025.
The global packaging machinery market is estimated to witness potential growth during the forecast period. Rising demand for packaged food & beverages and growing adoption of automatic machinery are the key forces driving the market growth. Rising adoption of dairy, processed meat & seafood and baked goods are contributing to the demand for packaged food products across the globe. The major packaged food companies include Nestle SA, Kellogg Co, PepsiCo Inc., General Mills Inc. and Unilever Group. Many households opt for food products that align with their standards for healthy living are further strengthening the demand for packed food products.
Moreover, rising demand for innovative and attractive packaging from the food & beverage sector has played a vital role in the growth of the global packaging machinery market. Active labels in the packaging of meat for sensing the expiration of the product is one of the foremost instances of packaging that is being currently deployed in the food industry. Along with it, the increasing demand for single-serve, multipacks and sustainable packaging is expected to attribute significantly towards the growth of the global packaging machinery market.
The growing popularity of robotic packaging is projected to led the development of packaging machinery industry. In present times, robots are being widely used in the packaging sector owing to their accuracy and reliability. However, a few years earlier robots participation was only limited to palletizing and case packing. With technological advancements, robots are expanding its functionalities towards primary packaging including cartoning applications, pick-and-place operations and processing tasks such as coating and cutting. In the packaging industry, deployment of robotics is been driven by the labor savings. Johnson & Johnson after using a robotic palletizer was able to reduce manpower costs by up to 60% at its personal care products facility in Montreal.
High capital investment and numerous issues related to safety and hygiene of machinery parts are projected to inhibit the growth of the market. Rising focus of the companies towards providing innovative packaging to attract a large population of consumers is expected to offer growth opportunities for the market players.
Geographically, the global packaging machinery market is classified into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and RoW. North America is growing significantly owing to the presence of crucial players in the region coupled with the high demand for packaged food products. Some of the crucial players present in the region include Sealed Air Corp., Combi Packaging Systems and Illinois Tool Works, Inc. As most of the key players of packaging machinery are present in the region, a high degree of mergers and acquisitions is expected to foster the growth prospects in North America during the forecast period.
However, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the global packaging machinery market. The major factors boosting the market growth in the region include the rising demand for packaging machinery across diversified industries along with the favorable investments by the market players in the region. Significant demand for packaged food products coupled with rapid urbanization and an increase in disposable income in the region is supporting to drive the growth of the market in the region.
The global packaging machinery market is highly fragmented and extremely competitive owing to the presence of large and small market players. Key players in the market include Barry-Wehmiller (BW) Packaging Systems, GEA Group, Krones AG, Illinois Tool Works, Inc. and Aetna Group. The key strategies adopted by the market players for strengthening their market share in the global packaging machinery market includes mergers & acquisitions, development of innovative packaging technology, contracts & agreements, and geographical expansion.
For instance, in May 2019, Sealed Air Corp. declared an agreement to acquire Automated Packaging Systems, Inc. (APS), a leading manufacturer of high-reliability, automated bagging systems, for a purchase price of $510 million on a cash and debt-free basis. Sealed Air will benefit from cross-selling opportunities enabling additional growth in key markets. The company also expects cost synergies resulting from supply chain efficiencies.
The market study of the global packaging machinery market is incorporated by extensive primary and secondary research conducted by the research team at OMR. Secondary research has been conducted to refine the available data to breakdown the market in various segments, derive total market size, market forecast and growth rate. Different approaches have been worked on to derive the market value and market growth rate. Our team collects facts and data related to the market from different geography to provide a better regional outlook. In the report, the country-level analysis is provided by analyzing various regional players, regional tax laws and policies, consumer behavior and macro-economic factors. Numbers extracted from secondary research have been authenticated by conducting proper primary research. It includes tracking down key people from the industry and interviewing them to validate the data. This enables our analyst to derive the closest possible figures without any major deviations in the actual number. Our analysts try to contact as many executives, managers, key opinion leaders and industry experts. Primary research brings authenticity in our reports.
Secondary Sources Include:
- Financial reports of companies involved in the market.
- Authentic public databases
- Whitepapers, research-papers, and news blogs.
- Company websites and their product catalogue.
The report is intended for packaging machinery providers, suppliers and distributors for overall market analysis and competitive analysis. The report provides in-depth analysis on market size, intended quality of the service preferred by consumers. The report will serve as a source for 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly integrating different models.
- Global Packaging Machinery Market Research And Analysis, By Machine Type
- Global Packaging Machinery Market Research and Analysis, By End-User
The Report covers:
- Comprehensive research methodology of the global packaging machinery market.
- This report also includes a detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights.
- Exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the global packaging machinery market.
- Insights about market determinants which are stimulating the global packaging machinery market.
- Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecasted revenues.
- Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players.
Table of Contents
1. Report Summary
- 1.1. Research Methods and Tools
- 1.2. Market Breakdown
- 1.2.1. By Segments
- 1.2.2. By Geography
- 1.2.3. By Stakeholders
2. Market Overview and Insights
- 2.1. Scope of the Report
- 2.2. Analyst Insight & Current Market Trends
- 2.2.1. Key Findings
- 2.2.2. Recommendations
- 2.2.3. Conclusion
- 2.3. Rules & Regulations
3. Competitive Landscape
- 3.1. Competitive Dashboard
- 3.2. Key Strategy Analysis
- 3.3. Key Company Analysis
- 3.3.1. Barry-Wehmiller (BW) Packaging Systems
- 184.108.40.206. Overview
- 220.127.116.11. Financial Analysis
- 18.104.22.168. SWOT Analysis
- 22.214.171.124. Recent Developments
- 3.3.2. GEA Group
- 126.96.36.199. Overview
- 188.8.131.52. Financial Analysis
- 184.108.40.206. SWOT Analysis
- 220.127.116.11. Recent Developments
- 3.3.3. Robert Bosch Packaging Technology GmbH
- 18.104.22.168. Overview
- 22.214.171.124. Financial Analysis
- 126.96.36.199. SWOT Analysis
- 188.8.131.52. Recent Developments
- 3.3.4. Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- 184.108.40.206. Overview
- 220.127.116.11. Financial Analysis
- 18.104.22.168. SWOT Analysis
- 22.214.171.124. Recent Developments
- 3.3.5. Krones AG
- 126.96.36.199. Overview
- 188.8.131.52. Financial Analysis
- 184.108.40.206. SWOT Analysis
- 220.127.116.11. Recent Developments
4. Market Determinants
5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1. Global Packaging Machinery Market by Machine Type
- 5.1.1. Filling and Dosing
- 5.1.2. Form, Fill, Seal (FFS)
- 5.1.3. Labeling and Coding
- 5.1.4. Closing and Sealing
- 5.1.5. Wrapping & Bundling
- 5.1.6. Others (Palletizing & De-palletizing Machines and Cartoning Machine)
- 5.2. Global Packaging Machinery Market by End-User
- 5.2.1. Food and Beverage
- 5.2.2. Personal Care
- 5.2.3. Pharmaceutical
- 5.2.4. Chemical
- 5.2.5. Others (Electronics and Industrial)
6. Regional Analysis
- 6.1. North America
- 6.1.1. The US
- 6.1.2. Canada
- 6.2. Europe
- 6.2.1. UK
- 6.2.2. Germany
- 6.2.3. Italy
- 6.2.4. Spain
- 6.2.5. France
- 6.2.6. Rest of Europe
- 6.3. Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.1. China
- 6.3.2. India
- 6.3.3. Japan
- 6.3.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.4. Rest of the World
7. Company Profiles
- 7.1. Aetna Group
- 7.2. Asian Packing Machinery Pvt. Ltd.
- 7.3. Bajaj Processpack Ltd.
- 7.4. Barry-Wehmiller Companies
- 7.5. Coesia S.p.A.
- 7.6. Combi Packaging Systems LLC
- 7.7. Dover Corp.
- 7.8. GEA Group
- 7.9. Graphic Packaging Holding Co.
- 7.10. Illinois Tool Works, Inc.
- 7.11. Krones AG
- 7.12. Mamata Enterprises, Inc.
- 7.13. Marchesini Group S.p.A.
- 7.14. Mespack India
- 7.15. MULTIVAC Group
- 7.16. Nichrome Packaging Solutions
- 7.17. Nordson Corp.
- 7.18. Omori Machinery Co., Ltd.
- 7.19. OPTIMA packaging group GmbH
- 7.20. Orbital Food Machinery
- 7.21. Pakona Engineers (India) Pvt Ltd.
- 7.22. ProMach, Inc.
- 7.23. Reynolds Group Holdings Ltd.
- 7.24. Robert Bosch Packaging Technology GmbH
- 7.25. Sealed Air Corp.
- 7.26. Tetra Pak International S.A.
- 7.27. Toyo Seikan Group Holdings Ltd.
- 7.28. WeighPack Systems, Inc.