Masterbatch are defined as solid or liquid additives that are used for colouring plastics and imparting other properties to plastics. It is a mixture of carrier resins, pigments, and additive. Masterbatch are widely used in colouring raw polymers during the plastic manufacturing process. Further, they are also widely used in packaging application. There are varieties of pivotal factors that are driving the growth of the market which includes rising demand from automotive and building and construction sectors, increased adoption in colouring methods and so on. The increasing demand for light weight vehicles is rising across the globe to curb greenhouse gases and support environment protection policies. Automotive sector is increasing the adoption of plastic materials in vehicles to reduce their weight & carbon emission, also increases fuel efficiency. It is considered to be significant replacement of metal parts in the vehicles by plastic components. It is considered to impact the growth opportunities for the masterbatch market in near future. Increased manufacture and productive of plastic compounds and increased usage of packaging goods led to rise in industrialization are the key drivers for the growth of the market. However, there are certain factors that are hindering the growth of the market. Low quality and of products and rising oil prices and stringent environmental regulations for non-biodegradable plastics are estimated to be the major constraints in the growth of the market.
North America is dominating the global masterbatch market followed by Europe and APAC region. Europe is one of the major regions in the masterbatch market and is contributing significantly towards the growth of the market. The growth of the market is attributed to the increasing demand of bio-plastics and growing demand of contamination free packaging for pharmaceuticals industry. In addition, increasing demand of light weight vehicles, increase in plastic manufacturing and growing popularity of silver based anti-microbial masterbatches are also estimated to be the major factors that are augmenting the growth of the market.
The key players in the global masterbatch market include as A. Schulman, Americhem, Ampacet Corporation, Cabot Corporation, Changzhou Hongmei Plastic Masterbatch Co., Dow Corning Corporation, Ferro Corporation, Plastika Kritis, Polyone Corporation and so forth. Partnership, R&D, M&A, product launch are the key strategies adopted global masterbatch market players.
The masterbatch market can be segmented majorly into three parts on the basis of type, polymer and application. By Type, the industry is further segmented into colour, additive, white, black and filler. The colour segment is anticipated to lead the global masterbatch market during the next few years or estimate period, mainly the white segment will boot in the market. On the basic of application masterbatch market can be segmented into packaging, building & construction, automotive, consumer goods, textile, agriculture and so forth. Masterbatch is used majorly in the packaging application for goods applied at the industrial, retail and institutional levels. On the basis of polymer masterbatch Market can be segmented into polypropylene (PP), polyethylene (PE), polyvinyl chloride (PVC), polyurethane (PUR), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polystyrene (PS), polycarbonate (PC) and polyamide (PA). The polypropylene (PP) and polyethylene (PE) segment are anticipated to be the major growing segments due to their greater smoothness, efficiency and dispersion properties to the end-user applications of plastic goods.
OMR Report covers:
- Comprehensive research methodology of Global Masterbatch Market.
- This report also includes detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights.
- Exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the Global Masterbatch Market.
- Insights about market determinants which are stimulating the Global Masterbatch Market.
- Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecasted revenues.
- Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1.1. RESEARCH METHODS AND TOOLS
- 1.2. MARKET BREAKDOWN
- 1.2.1. BY SEGMENTS
- 1.2.2. BY GEOGRAPHY
- 1.2.3. BY STAKEHOLDERS
- 1.2.4. EXCEPTIONS
MARKET OVERVIEW AND INSIGHTS
- 2.1. DEFINITION
- 2.2. ANALYST INSIGHTS & CURRENT MARKET TRENDS
- 2.2.1. KEY FINDINGS
- 2.2.2. RECOMMENDATION
- 2.2.3. CONCLUSION
- 3.1. MOTIVATORS
- 3.1.1. GAINING POPULARITY AS A REPLACEMENT OF METALS WITH PLASTICS FOR
- 3.1.2. WIDELY UTILISED IN COLOURING METHOD
- 3.1.3.PLASTIC USE IN CONSUMER GOODS INDUSTRY DRIVES DEMANDS IN THE MARKET
- 3.1.4. INCREASE IN PLASTIC MANUFACTURING
- 3.1.5.SILVER BASED ANTI-MICROBIAL MASTERBATCHES GAIN POPULARITY
- 3.2. RESTRAINT
- 3.2.1.LOW QUALITY AND CHEAPER PRODUCT OFFERINGS
- 3.2.2.RISING OIL PRICES AND STRINGENT ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS RELATED TO NON-BIODEGRADABILITY OF PLASTICS
- 3.3. OPPORTUNITY
- 3.3.1. GROWTH IN EMERGING ECONOMIES
- 3.3.2. GROWING DEMAND FROM END USERS
- 4.1. MASTERBATCH MARKET BY TYPE
- 4.1.1. COLOUR
- 4.2. MASTERBATCH MARKET RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS BY POLYMER
- 4.2.1.POLYPROPYLENE (PP)
- 4.2.2.POLYETHYLENE (PE)
- 4.2.3.POLYVINYL CHLORIDE (PVC)
- 4.2.4.POLYURETHANE (PUR)
- 4.2.5.POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE (PET)
- 4.2.6.POLYSTYRENE (PS)
- 4.2.7.POLYCARBONATE (PC)
- 4.2.8.POLYAMIDE (PA)
- 4.3. MASTERBATCH MARKET RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS BY APPLICATION
- 4.3.2.BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION
- 4.3.4.CONSUMER GOODS
- 5.1. KEY STRATEGIES
- 5.2. KEY COMPANY ANALYSIS
- 6.1. NORTH AMERICA
- 6.1.1. UNITED STATES
- 6.1.2. CANADA
- 6.2. EUROPE
- 6.2.1. UK
- 6.2.2. GERMANY
- 6.2.3. SPAIN
- 6.2.4. FRANCE
- 6.2.5. ITALY
- 6.2.6. ROE
- 6.3. ASIA PACIFIC
- 6.3.1. INDIA
- 6.3.2. CHINA
- 6.3.3. JAPAN
- 6.3.4. ROAPAC
- 6.4. REST OF THE WORLD
- 7.1. A. SCHULMAN
- 7.1.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.1.2. A. SCHULMAN PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.1.3. A. SCHULMAN RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.2. AMERICHEM
- 7.2.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2.2. AMERICHEM PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.2.3. AMERICHEM RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.3. AMPACET CORPORATION
- 7.3.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.3.2. AMPACET CORPORATION PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.3.3. AMPACET CORPORATION RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.4. CABOT CORPORATION
- 7.4.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.4.2. CABOT CORPORATION PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.4.3. CABOT CORPORATION RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.5. CHANGZHOU HONGMEI PLASTIC MASTERBATCH CO.
- 7.5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.5.2. CHANGZHOU HONGMEI PLASTIC MASTERBATCH CO. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.5.3. CHANGZHOU HONGMEI PLASTIC MASTERBATCH CO. RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.6. CHROMAFLO TECHNOLOGIES CORP.
- 7.6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.6.2. CHROMAFLO TECHNOLOGIES CORP. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.6.3. CHROMAFLO TECHNOLOGIES CORP. RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.7. CLARIANT INTERNATIONAL LTD.
- 7.7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.7.2. CLARIANT INTERNATIONAL LTD. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.7.3. CLARIANT INTERNATIONAL LTD. RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.8. DOW CORNING CORPORATION.
- 7.8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.8.2. DOW CORNING CORPORATION. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.8.3. DOW CORNING CORPORATION. RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.9. FERRO CORPORATION
- 7.9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.9.2. FERRO CORPORATION PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.9.3. FERRO CORPORATION RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.10. HUBRON (INTERNATIONAL) LTD
- 7.10.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.10.2. HUBRON (INTERNATIONAL) LTD PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.10.3. HUBRON (INTERNATIONAL) LTD RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.11. INGENIA POLYMER CORP.
- 7.11.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.11.2. INGENIA POLYMER CORP. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.11.3. INGENIA POLYMER CORP. RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.12. PLASTIBLENDS INDIA LTD.
- 7.12.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.12.2. PLASTIBLENDS INDIA LTD. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.12.3. PLASTIBLENDS INDIA LTD. RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.13. PLASTIKA KRITIS
- 7.13.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.13.2. PLASTIKA KRITIS PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.13.3. PLASTIKA KRITIS RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.14. POLYONE CORPORATION
- 7.14.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.14.2. POLYONE CORPORATION PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.14.3. POLYONE CORPORATION RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.15. POLYPLAST MULLER GROUP
- 7.15.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.15.2. POLYPLAST MULLER GROUP PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.15.3. POLYPLAST MULLER GROUP RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.16. RTP CO.
- 7.16.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.16.2. RTP CO. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.16.3. RTP CO. RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.17. TEKNOR APEX COMPANY
- 7.17.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.17.2. TEKNOR APEX COMPANY PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.17.3. TEKNOR APEX COMPANY RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.18. TOSAF GROUP
- 7.18.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.18.2. TOSAF GROUP PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.18.3. TOSAF GROUP RECENT ACTIVITIES
- 7.19. YANGXI HUAQIANG COLOR MASTER BATCH FACTORY
- 7.19.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.19.2. YANGXI HUAQIANG COLOR MASTER BATCH FACTORY PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
- 7.19.3. YANGXI HUAQIANG COLOR MASTER BATCH FACTORY RECENT ACTIVITIES