Global Scopolamine Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report, By Type (Scopolamine Butyl bromide and Scopolamine Base), By Dosage Type (Oral, Patches, and Injections) and Forecast, 2020-2026
The scopolamine market is anticipated to augment at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period. The drug is used to treat motion sickness & nausea and vomiting. Moreover, it is also used as a sedative and can be used along with the morphine to relieve pain. Key dynamics augmenting the market include a rise in the number of people suffering from stress and anxiety disorder.
However, misuse of the drug for illegal activities is one of the major challenges to market growth as the government may strict the regulations related to the distribution of the drug. Moreover, alternative drugs available in the market is a restraining factor for the drug. Ondansetron, Promethazine, Prochlorperazine are some of the alternative drugs available in the market for the treatment of nausea and vomiting.
The global scopolamine market is divided on the basis of type and dosage type. By type, the market is bifurcated into scopolamine butyl bromide and scopolamine base, whereas by dosage type, it is segmented into oral, injection, and patches. Scopolamine patches have been widely adopted to treat nausea and vomiting due to motion sickness or as anesthesia during surgery.
By geography, the global scopolamine market is further divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). North America is expected to hold a major market share during the forecast period. The high cost of drugs, frequent traveling of people through airways for small distances, well-developed online supply chains are some of the key factors for the major market share to the region. Moreover, Asia-Pacific is expected to show a lucrative growth rate during the forecast period due to the significant growth in the emerging markets.
Major players operating in the market include Novartis AG, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Cadila Healthcare Ltd., Baxter International Inc., Myungmoon Pharm Co. Ltd., Alchem International Pvt. Ltd., Caleb Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Phytex Australia, Fine Chemicals Corp., Perrigo Company plc and others. These companies are implementing various growth strategies which include mergers & acquisitions, product launches, and partnerships & collaborations to gain a competitive edge in the market.
The market study of the global scopolamine market is incorporated by extensive primary and secondary research conducted by the research team at OMR. Secondary research has been conducted to breakdown the market in the various segment, derive total market size, market forecast, and growth rates. Different approaches have been worked on to derive the market value and market growth rate. Our team collects facts and data related to the market from different geography to provide a better regional outlook. In the report, the country-level analysis is provided by analyzing various regional players, regional tax laws and policies, consumer behavior, and macro-economic factors. Numbers extracted from secondary research have been authenticated by conducting proper primary research. It includes tracking down key people from the industry and interviewing them to validate the data. This enables our analyst to derive the closest possible figures without any major deviations in the actual number. Our analysts try to contact as many executives, managers, key opinion leaders, and industry experts to amplify the added validity of our reports.
Secondary Sources Include:
- Financial reports of companies involved in the market
- Authentic public databases
- Whitepapers, research-papers, and news blogs
- Company websites and their product catalog
The report provides an in-depth analysis of market size, intended quality of the service preferred by consumers. The report will serve as a source for 360-degree analysis of the market thoroughly integrating different models.
- Global Scopolamine Market Research and Analysis, By Type
- Global Scopolamine Market Research and Analysis, By Dosage Type
The Report Covers:
- Comprehensive research methodology of the Global Scopolamine Market.
- A detailed and extensive market overview with key analyst insights.
- Exhaustive analysis of macro and micro factors influencing the market guided by key recommendations.
- Analysis of regional regulations and other government policies impacting the Global Scopolamine Market.
- Insights about market determinants which are stimulating the Global Scopolamine Market.
- Detailed and extensive market segments with regional distribution of forecast revenues.
- Extensive profiles and recent developments of market players.
Table of Contents
1. Report Summary
- 1.1. Research Methods and Tools
- 1.2. Market Breakdowns
- 1.2.1. By Segments
- 1.2.2. By Geography
2. Market Overview and Insights
- 2.1. Scope of the Report
- 2.2. Analyst Insight & Current Market Trends
- 2.2.1. Key Findings
- 2.2.2. Recommendations
- 2.2.3. Conclusion
- 2.3. Rules & Regulations
3. Competitive Landscape
- 3.1. Company Share Analysis
- 3.2. Key Strategy Analysis
- 3.3. Key Company Analysis
- 3.3.1. Novartis AG
- 188.8.131.52. Overview
- 184.108.40.206. Financial Analysis
- 220.127.116.11. SWOT Analysis
- 18.104.22.168. Recent Developments
- 3.3.2. Baxter International Inc.
- 22.214.171.124. Overview
- 126.96.36.199. Financial Analysis
- 188.8.131.52. SWOT Analysis
- 184.108.40.206. Recent Developments
- 3.3.3. Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- 220.127.116.11. Overview
- 18.104.22.168. Financial Analysis
- 22.214.171.124. SWOT Analysis
- 126.96.36.199. Recent Developments
- 3.3.4. Pfizer Inc.
- 188.8.131.52. Overview
- 184.108.40.206. Financial Analysis
- 220.127.116.11. SWOT Analysis
- 18.104.22.168. Recent Developments
4. Market Determinants
- 4.1 Motivators
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.3 Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1. Global Scopolamine Market by Type
- 5.1.1. Scopolamine Butyl bromide
- 5.1.2. Scopolamine Base
- 5.2. Global Scopolamine Market by Dosage type
- 5.2.1. Oral
- 5.2.2. Patches
- 5.2.3. Injections
6. Regional Analysis
- 6.1. North America
- 6.1.1. United States
- 6.1.2. Canada
- 6.2. Europe
- 6.2.1. UK
- 6.2.2. Germany
- 6.2.3. Italy
- 6.2.4. Spain
- 6.2.5. France
- 6.2.6. Rest of Europe
- 6.3. Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.1. China
- 6.3.2. India
- 6.3.3. Japan
- 6.3.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.4. Rest of the World
7. Company Profiles
- 7.1. Alchem International Pvt. Ltd.
- 7.2. Baxter International Inc.
- 7.3. Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- 7.4. Cadila Healthcare Ltd.
- 7.5. Caleb Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 7.6. Fine Chemicals Corp.
- 7.7. Guangzhou Hanfang Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 7.8. Myungmoon Pharm Co. Ltd.
- 7.9. Novartis AG
- 7.10. Perrigo Co. plc
- 7.11. Pfizer Inc.
- 7.12. Phytex Australia