‘Global EPOS and Self-Checkout 2018’ sets the standard for market intelligence on electronic point-of-sale (EPOS) and self-checkout (SCO) technology. It provides market sizes, vendor shares, forecasts and in-depth analysis for more than 50 countries worldwide, and is used by all leading industry suppliers to provide competitor benchmarking and assist with business planning and forecasting.
RBR's ‘Global EPOS and Self-Checkout’ is the only resource which provides reliable forecasts and competitive analysis in 53 countries around the world.
The study uses a mix of primary and secondary research and an extensive in-house database of historical information to produce a product of unmatched quality. Primary research includes a detailed vendor survey backed up by telephone and face-to-face interviews with key industry players.
The latest research shows that in 2017, 2.1 million EPOS terminals and 63,000 SCO units were shipped worldwide. The study forecasts how EPOS markets will evolve as economies recover, the retail sector develops and disruptive new technologies emerge. The SCO market is diversifying, with new technologies complementing “traditional” self-checkout, where the consumer scans, bags and pays unassisted. The study will help clients identify opportunities for cashless and compact self-checkout formats, modular solutions, pay towers with - or without - mobile self-scanning, and automated tunnel scanning.
- Geographic coverage: 53 countries worldwide
- Vendor coverage: 36 hardware suppliers
- Time period: Historical (4 years) and forecasts (6 years)
- Segments: Grocery+, General Merchandise and Hospitality+
- Measures: Shipments and installed base, $ value of spending on hardware and maintenance services
- Format: Report in PowerPoint and Database in Excel
- Products: Programmable EPOS and self-checkout (SCO) hardware
- Geographies: Global coverage with data for 53 country markets across 6 regions
- Segments: Data provided for food/non-food, general merchandise, hospitality and other
- Measures: Units (shipments / installed base) and value (expenditure on hardware / maintenance)
- Vendors: Market shares of shipments and installed base for 30+ vendors
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- Others (incl. Caribbean)
Central and Eastern Europe
Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa