Multi-Client Market Survey of a Fast Growth $2 Billion Vehicular Conversion Niche
62 participants in North America that convert vans and other vehicles for wheelchair accessibility have been identified and analyzed
This market research report by SpecialtyResearch.net examines the business of conversion/upfitting of vans and fabrication of cutaway buses into wheelchair-accessible and ambulatory vehicles, also known as paratransit or mobility vehicles, for personal and commercial use in North America.
The report examines three segments that are converted into wheelchair-accessible vehicles-minivans, Euro-style ready vans, and buses on cutaway chassis.
Sixty-two companies converted/upfitted more than 40,000 vans and cutaway buses into wheelchair accessible vehicles in 2018, for a combined annual value of over $2 billion. Though a fragmented business with several regional converters/upfitters, over 75% of the conversion/upfitting is done by the ten leading players. The report provides a comprehensive competitive analysis of all participants with market shares in units and dollars; this data is also provided in MS Excel format.
Demand for wheelchair-accessible vehicles is projected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% through 2023, driven by an aging population and increasing use of wheelchair-accessible Euro-style ready compact vans in the private commercial segment, especially as taxi cabs.
- Significant niche market that has a few dominant players, but also strong upcoming secondary entrants.
- Increasing use of Euro-style ready full-size passenger vans relative to ADA-compliant cutaway buses.
- Overlooked by major players with conversion/upfit capabilities in related segments, e.g. buses, limos.
- Attractive entry opportunities.
- Comprehensive competitive analysis with market shares in units and dollars.
- Detailed company profiles.
- A must-have information tool for builders of buses, vans and related converters seeking new product diversification through new entry and/or identification of acquisition candidates.
About The Report:
This report provides comprehensive market research analysis on the rising demand for minivans, van conversions and cutaway buses that accommodate wheelchair access for personal and commercial applications. As the number of wheelchair users in North America nudges the 4 million mark, the issue of disabled persons' mobility is a continually rising consideration that is propelling the growth of mobility/wheeled access vehicles. New manufacturing and installation technologies have vastly expanded the variety of mobility vehicles that can be converted/upfitted-ranging from an array of modest minivans to increased conversions of top brand SUVs and full-size OE passenger vans.
This project by SpecialtyResearch.net (SRN) examines all aspects of the availability and market for mobility vans and small buses on cutaway chassis. Demand constraints, from high prices to possible reimbursement programs from the vehicular OEMs and government subsidies, are factored into the analysis, for a realistic appraisal of real growth prospects. The report is extremely valuable for information on niche, regional and fringe players (in addition to main manufacturers), who are often targets for acquisition, aimed at broadening dealer networks and extending sales reach of larger players.The objective of the report is to provide a vista view of this industry, in keeping with SRN's highly regarded investigations and solid analytical skills in market research work in the global vehicular industry.
This project is a “bottoms up” approach based on examining virtually all industry participants in North America and aggregating their sales and unit production into an industry-wide picture. Research methods include not only all available public domain resources, but also significant primary interview content with industry participants at trade conventions, and through telephone contact. This is an extensive project requiring expert analysis into this industry and its dynamics. SRN's long-time background in corporate business development and specific vertical industry experience in trucks/transportation provide the knowledge and expertise for this extensive project.
Table of Contents
2. Product Types
- 2.1. Minivans
- 2.2. Euro-Style Ready Vans
- 2.3. Buses on Cutaway Chassis
3. Market Size Estimates - Units & Dollars 2018
4. Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars
- 4.1. Industry Participants by Type
- 4.2. Industry Participants' Product Mix
- 4.3. Market Shares: All
- 4.4. Market Shares: By Entry Method
5. Market Shares: By Mobility Vehicle Type
- 5.1. Minivans
- 5.1.1. Market Shares: All
- 5.1.2. Market Shares: New Minivans - By Vehicle Platform
- 5.1.3. Market Shares: New Minivans - By Entry Mode
- 5.1.4. Market Shares: New Minivans - By Entry Mode & Ramp Type
- 5.1.5. Market Shares: New Minivans - By End Users
- 5.2. Euro-Style Ready Vans
- 5.2.1. Market Shares: New
- 5.2.2. Market Shares: New Ready Vans By Vehicle Platform
- 5.3. Buses on Cutaway Chassis
- 5.3.1. Market Shares: All
- 5.3.2. Market Shares: By Floor Type & Entry Mode
6. Market Analysis
- 6.1. Average Price
- 6.2. Distribution Channels
7. Market Dynamics & Demand Factors
- 7.1. Mobility Vehicles by Type
- 7.2. Mergers, Acquisitions & Closures
- 7.2.1. Recent Developments (2018)
- 7.2.2. Others
- 7.3. Financial Aid & Support
- 7.4. Alternative Fuel Technology
8. Outlook 2019 - 2023
9. Participants by Region
10. Key Data of Participants
- 11.1. Conversion Process of Minivans into Mobility Vehicles
- 11.2. Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
12. Profiles of Participants (62 companies profiled)
List of Excel worksheets in Data Tables section::
- Summary: Segment Totals: Units, dollars & average price
- Market Shares-All-Top 20: Market Shares: Top 20 - Units, dollars & average price by manufacturer
- Minivans-All: Market Shares: Units, dollars & average price by participants
- Euro-Style Vans: Market Shares: Units, dollars & average price by participants
- Cutaway Buses: Market Shares: Units, dollars & average price by participants
- Mfr. Location: All Participant Locations: city and state/province