Telescopic service cranes are mounted on crane truck/bodies-also known as mechanic service truck/bodies-which are service/utility bodies with crane reinforcements. Crane capacity, body size and required payload combine to determine chassis size. 55% of telescopic units are mounted on Class 4-6 medium-duty chassis, and 36% on light-duty chassis.
This report details the telescopic service crane manufacturing business in the United States and Canada. The report breaks out shipments and market shares by chassis class and mode of operation (electric, hydraulic, and electric-hydraulic).
The five leading manufacturers accounted for 74% of units shipped and 78% of dollar value of sales in 2017, with the top two companies having a 40% share of the market.
The segment has a mix of very large and small players, with small manufacturers focused on regional markets. Barriers to entry are low, and the industry offers opportunities to small regional manufacturers catering to local demand.
These and other topics are the subject of this report from SpecialtyTransportation.net ("STN"). The report can be put to immediate use for sales and market planning, M&A identification, competitive share analysis, alliances and technology transfer considerations.
Included with this report is an Excel file with six worksheets containing data from the report's tables.
Table of Contents
2 Product Types
3 Market Size Estimates - Units & Dollars 2017
- 3.1 Market Size: by Chassis Class
- 3.2 Market Size: By Mode of Operation (Type of Power)
- 3.3 Market Size Estimates - Historical - 2012-2016
4 Market Shares: Competitive Analysis in Units & Dollars
- 4.1 Manufacturers by Type
- 4.2 Manufacturers' Product Mix
- 4.3 Market Shares: All
- 4.4 Market Shares: By Chassis Class
- 4.5 Market Shares: By Mode of Operation (Type of Power)
5 Market Shares: By Chassis Class
- 5.1 LD Telescopic Service Cranes
- 5.2 MD Telescopic Service Cranes
- 5.3 HD Class 7 Telescopic Service Cranes
6 Market Analysis
- 6.1 Average Price
- 6.2 Distribution Channels
7 Market Dynamics & Demand Factors
8 Outlook 2018 - 2022
9 Production by Region
10 Key Manufacturer Data
- 10.1 Key Manufacturer Data: Alphabetical Order
- 10.2 Key Manufacturer Data: Rank Order - Units
11 Manufacturer Profiles (15 companies profiled)