The COVID-19 pandemic is causing changes in how people work and interact-and especially in how healthcare is provided. With embattled countries facing a health crisis of global proportions, thousands of robots and drones are being deployed in hospitals, on the streets, in public buildings, and in the skies around the world to combat the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes the COVID-19 illness. Healthcare professionals and businesses are finding innovative ways to use robots and drones to help patients and those in quarantine.
The market for healthcare robots was already emerging, and now the pandemic is adding impetus to market growth. The stimulating effects are expected to boost development, demand, and investment in this industry. Robotics companies, integrators, and value-added suppliers have many opportunities to service this sector and gain market share and mindshare. The pandemic is also attracting investment for both existing companies and startups that want to take advantage of the current momentum in the healthcare robots market. All of this presents a chance for large companies to diversify and for small companies to identify and develop products and services for niche healthcare markets. Omdia expects the global healthcare robots market to grow from $1.9bn in 2019 to $5.4bn by 2025.
This Market Landscape report explores some of the ways robots are helping to combat the pandemic. Omdia examines how this health crisis will affect both the robotics industry and the healthcare industry now and in the future. The report provides a concise examination of the market issues surrounding healthcare robots and drones and presents a market outlook through 2025 that assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. It discusses crucial market dynamics and industry applications, in addition to providing recommendations for healthcare enterprises and vendors. Omdia also provides a categorized list of the top 24 industry players, organized by application.
Key Questions Addressed:
- What is the current state of the global healthcare robotics industry?
- What key market trends are affecting the growth of the market?
- How will the global healthcare robots market develop through 2025?
- Which companies are important players?
- What is the size of the global healthcare robot market opportunity?
- What are the strategic recommendations for market participants?
Who Needs This Report?
- Healthcare robot manufacturers
- Healthcare facility managers
- Healthcare staff
- Providers of medical supplies and equipment
- Investor community
Table of Contents
- Omdia view
- Key messages
- Recommendations for healthcare enterprises
- Recommendations for vendors
- Examining and interacting with patients
- Rehabilitating patients with exoskeletons
- Delivering medicine, food, and supplies in hospitals
- Delivering medical supplies to remote areas
- Delivering on city streets
- Using drones for remote diagnosis and to enforce quarantine
- Disinfecting surfaces and streets
- Developing a vaccine
- Supplementing medical staff
- Key players