The market for artificial organs and bionics in APAC is expected to grow at a robust CAGR during the forecast period. Rising organ failures and increasing cases of disabilities call for the replacement of the damaged part or organ. Additionally, technological advancements have led to the development of the R&D segment and eventually made it easier to replace any damaged or missing organs, which is propelling the growth of the APAC artificial organs and bionics market. However, the market might witness restraints due to the cost expensiveness and scarcity of desired organs.
APAC artificial organs and bionics market can be segmented on the basis of product, technology, material, end-user, company and country. The product segment is further divided into artificial heart, artificial kidney, artificial thyroid gland, bionic limb, ear bionic, artificial lung, artificial womb and others. Artificial kidneys held the dominant share in 2019, on account of increasing renal diseases. Kidney failure leads to incompetent filtration of blood, which calls for kidney replacement, eventually increasing the market share for artificial kidneys segment. Based on country, Japan holds the maximum share of the market in the entire APAC as it is developed enough to carry out transplantations with the assistance of their professional doctors and staff.
Major players in the artificial organs and bionics market of APAC include Medtronic, Getinge AB, Ekso Bionics Holdings Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, A biomed, Rex Bionics, Ossur, ReWalk, Cyberdyne Inc., Blatchford, Obara Kogyo Inc. Ltd., Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India, Otto Bock, Jarvik Heart, SynCardia Systems, Zimmer Biomet, Cochlear Limited, Roche Holding AG, Gembro AB, Lifenet Health, etc. Collaboration and mergers with medical schools or research organizations is one of the key strategies of the companies to sustain and maintain their position in such highly competitive environment.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of APAC artificial organs and bionics market.
- To classify and forecast APAC artificial organs and bionics market based on product, technology, material, end-user, company and country.
- To identify drivers and challenges for APAC artificial organs and bionics market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in APAC artificial organs and bionics market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for APAC artificial organs and bionics market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in APAC artificial organs and bionics market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of hospitals and surgical centers across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the hospitals and surgical centers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed hospitals and surgical centers and presence of all major players across the globe.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of APAC artificial organs and bionics market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Hospitals, surgical centers, organ banks/distributors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to artificial organs and bionics
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as hospitals and surgical centers, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, APAC artificial organs and bionics market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Artificial Thyroid Gland
Implanted myoelectric sensor (IMES) technology
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in APAC artificial organs and bionics market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company's specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Table of Contents
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. APAC Artificial Organs and Bionics Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 5.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 5.2.1. By Products (Artificial heart, Artificial Kidneys, Artificial Thyroid Gland, Bionic Limb, Ear Bionic, Artificial Lung, Artificial Womb and Others)
- 5.2.2. By Technology (Suction Technology, Implanted myoelectric sensor (IMES) technology, Socket-Based Technology, 3D Bioprinting and Others)
- 5.2.3. By Material (Mechanical (Plastics, Metal), Biomechanical (Living matter and polymer), Biological)
- 5.2.4. By End-User (Hospitals, Surgical Centers and Others)
- 5.2.5. By Company (2019)
- 5.2.6. By Country
- 5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
- 5.4. APAC: Country Analysis
- 5.4.1. China Artificial Organs and Bionics Market Outlook
- 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast
- 22.214.171.124.1. By Products
- 126.96.36.199.2. By Technology
- 188.8.131.52.3. By Material
- 184.108.40.206.4. By End-User
- 5.4.2. India Artificial Organs and Bionics Market Outlook
- 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast
- 22.214.171.124.1. By Products
- 126.96.36.199.2. By Technology
- 188.8.131.52.3. By Material
- 184.108.40.206.4. By End-User
- 5.4.3. Japan Artificial Organs and Bionics Market Outlook
- 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast
- 22.214.171.124.1. By Products
- 126.96.36.199.2. By Technology
- 188.8.131.52.3. By Material
- 184.108.40.206.4. By End-User
- 5.4.4. South Korea Artificial Organs and Bionics Market Outlook
- 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast
- 22.214.171.124.1. By Products
- 126.96.36.199.2. By Technology
- 188.8.131.52.3. By Material
- 184.108.40.206.4. By End-User
- 5.4.5. Singapore Artificial Organs and Bionics Market Outlook
- 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast
- 22.214.171.124.1. By Products
- 126.96.36.199.2. By Technology
- 188.8.131.52.3. By Material
- 184.108.40.206.4. By End-User
- 5.4.6. Australia Artificial Organs and Bionics Market Outlook
- 220.127.116.11. Market Size & Forecast
- 18.104.22.168. Market Share & Forecast
- 22.214.171.124.1. By Products
- 126.96.36.199.2. By Technology
- 188.8.131.52.3. By Material
- 184.108.40.206.4. By End-User
6. Market Dynamics
- 6.1. Drivers
- 6.2. Challenges
7. Market Trends & Developments
8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Competition Outlook
- 8.2. Players Profiled (Leading Companies)
- 8.2.1. Medtronic
- 8.2.2. Getinge AB
- 8.2.3. Ekso Bionics Holdings Inc.
- 8.2.4. Boston Scientific Corporation
- 8.2.5. A biomed
- 8.2.6. Rex Bionics
- 8.2.7. Ossur
- 8.2.8. ReWalk
- 8.2.9. Cyberdyne Inc.
- 8.2.10. Blatchford
- 8.2.11. Obara Kogyo Inc. Ltd.
- 8.2.12. Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India
- 8.2.13. Otto Bock
- 8.2.14. Jarvik Heart
- 8.2.15. SynCardia Systems
- 8.2.16. Zimmer Biomet
- 8.2.17. Cochlear Limited
- 8.2.18. Roche Holding AG
- 8.2.19. Gembro AB
- 8.2.20. Lifenet Health
9. Strategic Recommendations
10. About Us & Disclaimer