India outdoor advertising market is anticipated to grow at an impressive rate during the forecast period on account of growing spending on display advertisements and growing utilization of indoor advertising for publicity in end use industries. The advertising industry is one of the most important segments of media and entertainment industry. Among its types, outdoor advertising has been one of the fastest-growing segments in the advertising space of India. It represents a high potential opportunity for outdoor media advertisers as brand owners tend to spend a great fortune over advertising and brand promotion as this method ensures a far greater consumer reach. Also, the Indian government provides remarkable support to the advertising industry. The improving market sentiments, supportive policies by Reserve Bank of India and the opening of newly licensed banks in India is opening doors to various opportunities for advertising expenditure companies in the financial sector.
Rapid development of infrastructure, including upcoming airports, smart city projects, malls, metros, bus shelters, public conveniences, coffee shops, along with increased advertising opportunities in tier-II and tier-III cities are major factors boosting outdoor advertising market in India. During events like Kumbh, IPL & elections, the demand for outdoor media advertising increases as the organisers seek to draw attention of people towards the event. Additionally, any event, which is not a part of a yearly predictability and plan, is more benefiting. One such example are general elections which come once in five years.
Along with growth factors, outdoor advertising market also faces challenges such as lack of strong monitoring systems, the unorganized nature of the media, a lack of strong research to prove the efficacy of outdoor advertising, a lack of transparency and a huge fragmentation in the market.
India outdoor advertising market is segmented based on service type, end user, region and company. Based on service type, the market can be segmented into billboard advertising, static, mobile, digital, lamp post, bridge, guerilla advertising, point of sale displays and transit advertising. Billboard advertising is the process of using a large-scale print to market a company, brand, product, service, or campaign. Its cost in India has no standard pricing and purely depends on the location. Billboards tend to have the highest number of views and impressions when compared to other marketing methods because they are usually put up in busy areas. Therefore, the segment accounted for significant share in 2019.
Major players operating in the Indian outdoor advertising market include McCann Erickson India Pvt Ltd., GroupM Media India Pvt Ltd., DDB Mudra Pvt Ltd., Dentsu Communications Pvt Ltd., Law & Kenneth Saatchi & Saatchi Pvt Ltd., Ogilvy & Mather Pvt Ltd., Mullen Lowe Lintas Group, TLG India Pvt Ltd., Fcb Ulka Advertising Pvt Ltd., J Walter Thompson Co. and others. As companies look for better productivity and increasing efficiencies in a tough market environment, advertising plays a pivotal role in establishing brand image of an organization.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India outdoor advertising market.
- To classify and forecast India outdoor advertising market based on type, end user, and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India outdoor advertising market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new method launches in India outdoor advertising market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for India outdoor advertising market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India outdoor advertising market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of agencies across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the agencies which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the agencies, distribution channels and presence of all major players across India.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India outdoor advertising market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these service types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Outdoor advertising agencies, vendors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to outdoor advertising
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as agencies, brands, partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India outdoor advertising market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Point of Sale Displays
Government & Transportation
Banks & Financial Institutions
Media & Entertainment
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major agencies present in India outdoor advertising market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company's specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Table of Contents
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. India Outdoor Advertising Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 5.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 5.2.1. By Type (Billboard Advertising, Static, Mobile, Digital, Lamp Post, Bridge, Guerilla Advertising, Point of Sale Displays, Transit Advertising)
- 5.2.2. By End User (Government & Transportation, Retail, Banks & Financial Institutions, Commercial Buildings, Media & Entertainment, Others)
- 5.2.3. By Region (North, South, East, West)
- 5.2.4. By Company
- 5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
6. North India Outdoor Advertising Market Outlook
- 6.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 6.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 6.2.1. By Type
- 6.2.2. By End User
- 6.3. By Top 3 Cities in North India
7. South India Outdoor Advertising Market Outlook
- 7.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 7.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 7.2.1. By Type
- 7.2.2. By End User
- 7.3. By Top 3 Cities in South India
8. East India Outdoor Advertising Market Outlook
- 8.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 8.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 8.2.1. By Type
- 8.2.2. By End User
- 8.3. By Top 3 Cities in East India
9. West India Outdoor Advertising Market Outlook
- 9.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 9.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 9.2.1. By Type
- 9.2.2. By End User
- 9.3. By Top 3 Cities in West India
10. Market Dynamics
- 10.1. Drivers/Opportunities
- 10.2. Challenges/Restraints
11. Market Trends & Developments
12. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
13. India Economic Profile
14. Competitive Landscape
- 14.1. Company Profiles
- 14.1.1. McCann Erickson India Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.2. GroupM Media India Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.3. DDB Mudra Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.4. Dentsu Communications Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.5. Law & Kenneth Saatchi & Saatchi Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.6. Ogilvy & Mather Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.7. Mullen Lowe Lintas Group
- 14.1.8. TLG India Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.9. Fcb Ulka Advertising Pvt Ltd.
- 14.1.10. J Walter Thompson Co
15. Market Dynamics
- 15.1. Drivers/Opportunities
- 15.2. Challenges/Restraints
16. Market Trends & Developments
17. Pricing Analysis
- 17.1. By Company
- 17.1.1. By Type
- 17.1.2. By Region
18. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
19. India Economic Profile
20. Competitive Landscape
- 20.1. Competition Outlook
- 20.2. Company Profiles (Basic Financials, Product-Mix, Brand, Product Capacity, Expansion Plans, SWOT Analysis, Key Marketing Strategies, Distribution Network, Business Outlook & Risk Profile, Raw Material Sourcing etc.)
- 20.2.1. Asian Outdoor Advertisings Ltd
- 20.2.2. Berger Outdoor Advertisings India Limited
- 20.2.3. Akzo Nobel India Ltd
- 20.2.4. Kansai Nerolac Outdoor Advertisings Limited
- 20.2.5. Shalimar Outdoor Advertisings
- 20.2.6. Jotun India Pvt. Ltd
- 20.2.7. Nippon Outdoor Advertising Holding Co. Ltd
- 20.2.8. Sheenlac Outdoor Advertisings Ltd
- 20.2.9. Snowcem Outdoor Advertisings
- 20.2.10. Weilburger
21. Strategic Recommendations
22. About Us & Disclaimer