India small hydropower market is expected to grow at a steady rate during the forecast period. The India small hydropower market is driven by the growing applications of small hydropower projects for rural electrification, financial incentives, policy initiatives, among others. Additionally, growing need for green and ecological sources of energy generation on account of the rising concerns over climate change and GHG emissions is further expected to propel the market during the next five years.
The India small hydropower market is segmented based on type, components, capacity, company and regional distribution. Based on type, the market can be bifurcated into micro hydropower and mini hydropower. The mini hydropower segment is expected to hold a significant market share during the forecast period since installations in mini hydropower segment are largely driven by rural electrification.
Major players operating in the India small hydropower market include Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, FLOVEL Energy Private Limited, B Fouress Ltd, Toshiba India Private Limited, Siemens India, ANDRITZ Hydro Pvt. Ltd., HNAC Technology Co Ltd, Hitachi Mitsubishi Hydro Corporation, Him Urja Private Limited, Vindhyachal Hydro Power Pvt. Ltd. and others.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India small hydropower market.
- To classify and forecast India small hydropower market based on type, component, capacity, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India small hydropower market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India small hydropower market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India small hydropower market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of service providers across the region. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the service providers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the service providers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the region.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India small hydropower market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Small hydropower service providers, vendors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to small hydropower
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as service providers, vendors and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India small hydropower market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Up to 1 MW
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India small hydropower market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company's specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Table of Contents
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. India Small Hydropower Market Outlook
- 5.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 5.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 5.2.1. By Type (Micro Hydropower, Mini Hydropower)
- 5.2.2. By Components (Electromechanical Equipment, Electric infrastructure, Civil Works)
- 5.2.3. By Capacity (Up to 1 MW, 1-10 MW)
- 5.2.4. By Region (East; West; North; South)
- 5.2.5. By Company (2018)
- 5.3. Product Market Map
6. North India Small Hydropower Market Outlook
- 6.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 6.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 6.2.1. By Type
- 6.2.2. By Voltage
- 6.2.3. By End User Industry
7. East India Small Hydropower Market Outlook
- 7.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 7.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 7.2.1. By Type
- 7.2.2. By Voltage
- 7.2.3. By End User Industry
8. South India Small Hydropower Market Outlook
- 8.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 8.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 8.2.1. By Type
- 8.2.2. By Voltage
- 8.2.3. By End User Industry
9. West India Small Hydropower Market Outlook
- 9.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 9.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 9.2.1. By Type
- 9.2.2. By Voltage
- 9.2.3. By End User Industry
10. Market Dynamics
- 10.1. Drivers
- 10.2. Challenges
11. Market Trends & Developments
12. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
13. India Economic Profile
14. Competitive Landscape
- 14.1. Competition Outlook
- 14.2. Company Profiles
- 14.2.1. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- 14.2.2. FLOVEL Energy Private Limited
- 14.2.3. B Fouress Ltd
- 14.2.4. Toshiba India Private Limited
- 14.2.5. Siemens India
- 14.2.6. ANDRITZ Hydro Pvt. Ltd.
- 14.2.7. HNAC Technology Co Ltd
- 14.2.8. Hitachi Mitsubishi Hydro Corporation
- 14.2.9. Him Urja Private Limited
- 14.2.10. Vindhyachal Hydro Power Pvt. Ltd.
15. Strategic Recommendations
16. About us & Disclaimer