India Gluten-Free Products Market By Type (Bakery Products, Pizzas & Pastas, Cereals & Snacks, Savories, Desserts & Ice-creams and Others), By Source (Oilseeds & Pulses, Rice & Corn, Dairy & Meat Products and Others), By Distribution Channel (Offline (Conventional Stores, Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Specialty Stores, Drugstores & Pharmacies), Online), By Region, Forecast & Opportunities, 2025.
India gluten-free products market is projected to witness growth at a steady CAGR by 2025, owing to the growing number of patients suffering from food allergies like celiac disease, lactose intolerance etc. Owing to the improved medical and healthcare facilities, food allergies are being identified easily now a days and doctors are recommending a strict gluten free diet to the patients. This has been a driver for gluten free food products in India. More and more local brands are coming out with gluten free products like breads, pizzas, pastas etc. Additionally, owing to the increasing per capita disposable income and improving living standards, the gluten-free diets have been gaining popularity in India for losing weight, which is likely to drive the market in the next five years.
Gluten is a family of storage proteins that are naturally found in certain cereal grains, such as wheat, barley and rye. People with celiac disease cannot tolerate gluten and must avoid it in their diets to avoid harmful and adverse reactions. The innovations in food industry to accommodate specialized diets will propel the growth of the market further.
India gluten-free products market is segmented based on type, source, distribution channel and region. Based on type, the market is segmented into bakery products, pizzas & pastas, cereals & snacks, savories, desserts & ice-creams and others. The bakery segment consisting of cookies and snacks accounted for the largest market share in 2019. The segment is expected to further dominate the Indian gluten-free products market during the forecast period owing to the increasing obese population. These types of products come in variety of flavors with mix of Indian spices and hence they are high in demand compared to other type of products.
Based on distribution channel, India gluten-free market is segmented into offline and online channels. The offline channel is further categorized into conventional stores, hypermarkets/supermarkets, specialty stores, drugstores & pharmacies. The offline segment is undergoing high growth owing to the consumer's preference to shop from supermarkets and hypermarkets. Also, these stores provide a range of products and give a one-stop shopping experience. However, the online segment is anticipated to undergo highest growth during the forecast period owing to the entry of international brands in Indian market who are selling their products mostly online.
Major players operating in the India gluten-free products market are Amy's Kitchen Inc., Kellogg's Company, Bob's Red Mill, Boulder Brands Inc., Dr. Schar, Enjoy Life Natural Brands LLC, Frontier Soups, General Mills Inc., Golden West Specialty Foods and H.J Heinz Company, among others. Companies are investing on strong distribution network to increase their market reach as the Indian gluten-free market is highly fragmented with presence of many small and medium sized players.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2015-2018
Base Year: 2019
Estimated Year: 2020
Forecast Period: 2021-2025
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the market size of India gluten-free products market.
- To classify and forecast India gluten-free products market based type, source, distribution channel, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India gluten-free products market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches in India Gluten-Free Products market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for India gluten-free products market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India gluten-free products market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of gluten-free product manufacturers across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the manufacturing companies which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the companies, distribution channels and presence of all major players across India.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India gluten-free products market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Gluten-Free products manufacturers/partners
- Sales channel/suppliers/ distribution
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to gluten-free products
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as companies, partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India gluten-free products market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Gluten-Free Products Market, By Type:
Pizzas & Pastas
Cereals & Snacks
Desserts & Ice-creams
- India Gluten-Free Products Market, By Source:
Oilseeds & Pulses
Rice & Corn
Dairy & Meat Products
- India Gluten-Free Products Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Conventional Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Drugstores & Pharmacies
- India Gluten-Free Products Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India gluten-free products market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company's specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Table of Contents
1. Product Overview
2. Research Methodology
3. Impact of COVID-19 on India Gluten-Free Products Market
4. Executive Summary
5. Voice of Customer
6. India Gluten-Free Products Market Outlook
- 6.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 6.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 6.2.1. By Type (Bakery Products, Pizzas & Pastas, Cereals & Snacks, Savories, Desserts & Ice-creams and Others)
- 6.2.2. By Source (Oilseeds & Pulses, Rice & Corn, Dairy & Meat Products and Others)
- 6.2.3. By Distribution Channel (Offline (Conventional Stores, Hypermarkets/Supermarkets, Specialty Stores, Drugstores & Pharmacies), Online)
- 6.2.4. By Region
- 6.2.5. By Company (2019)
- 6.3. Market Attractiveness Index
7. India Gluten-Free Bakery Products Market Outlook
- 7.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 7.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 7.2.1. By Source
- 7.2.2. By Distribution Channel
- 7.3. Market Attractiveness Index
8. India Gluten-Free Pizzas & Pastas Market Outlook
- 8.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 8.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 8.2.1. By Source
- 8.2.2. By Distribution Channel
- 8.3. Market Attractiveness Index
9. India Gluten-Free Cereals & Snacks Market Outlook
- 9.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 9.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 9.2.1. By Source
- 9.2.2. By Distribution Channel
- 9.3. Market Attractiveness Index
10. India Gluten-Free Savories Market Outlook
- 10.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 10.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 10.2.1. By Source
- 10.2.2. By Distribution Channel
- 10.3. Market Attractiveness Index
11. India Gluten-Free Desserts & Ice-creams Market Outlook
- 11.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 11.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 11.2.1. By Source
- 11.2.2. By Distribution Channel
- 11.3. Market Attractiveness Index
12. Market Dynamics
- 12.1. Drivers
- 12.2. Challenges
13. Market Trends & Development
14. Pricing Analysis
15. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
16. India Economic Profile
17. Competitive Landscape
- 17.1. Amy's Kitchen Inc.
- 17.2. Kellogg's Company
- 17.3. Bob's Red Mill
- 17.4. Boulder Brands Inc.
- 17.5. Dr. Schar
- 17.6. Enjoy Life Natural Brands LLC
- 17.7. Frontier Soups
- 17.8. General Mills Inc.
- 17.9. Golden West Specialty Foods
- 17.10. H.J Heinz Company
18. Strategic Recommendations
19. About us & Disclaimer