This research analyzes the key strategic issues, trends, and market drivers for dimensioning systems that utilize multiple
technologies to enable simultaneous data capture, cubing, and weighing of objects and items. The report is designed
to elaborate on vendor considerations and growth opportunities across the following dimensions: technology types and
end-user application use cases. In support of this research, VDC also conducted a web-based enterprise end-user
survey to determine technical and commercial requirements of 112 organizations as it relates to their investments in
dimensioning systems within the supply chain, leading applications, and purchasing decision barriers and drivers. The
report also includes 5 in-depth vendor profiles for CubiScan, Datalogic, Mettler Toledo, Postea (QubeVu), and SICK.
What questions are addressed?
- What regions and vertical market segments present the greatest growth opportunities for dimensioning systems?
- What innovations in this market will provide vendors with growth potential in the future?
- What applications are driving dimensioning system adoption?
- How close are mobile dimensioning systems to reality?
- What are the constraints and drivers to end users' dimensioning systems investments?
- How do solution providers see the dimensioning system product and market evolving?
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Market Overview
- Technology Insights
- Mobile Dimensioning - A Viable Opportunity?
- Competitive Landscape
- Vendor Profiles
- About VDC Research
LIST OF EXHIBITS
- Exhibit 1: Does your organization currently use dimensioning solutions to support everyday operations?
- Exhibit 2: What are the leading drivers for your investment in dimensioning solutions?
- Exhibit 3: What are the barriers for your organization's investments for dimensioning systems?
- Exhibit 4: What percentage of items dimensioned using your dimensioning investments are cubical versus irregular in shape?
- Exhibit 5: By the end of 2017, what change do you expect to the total installed base of dimensioning systems within your entire organization?
- Exhibit 6: Respondent deployment status by vertical
- Exhibit 7: Dimensioning solution deployment by application environment
- Exhibit 8: What is the primary form factor of dimensioning solution your organization has deployed?
- Exhibit 9: End-user deployment by primary dimensioning technology
- Exhibit 10: Has your organization faced any of the following issues when using dimensioning solutions?
- Exhibit 11: Primary form factor deployment by workflow/application
- Exhibit 12: Primary technology deployment by workflow/application
- Exhibit 13: From where did your organization purchase its dimensioning solutions?
- Exhibit 14: When evaluating dimensioning solutions, which of thefollowing represent the TOP THREE selection criteria?
- Exhibit 15: Vendor Selection Criteria
- Exhibit 16: Which vendor's dimensioning solutions are deployed at your organization?
- Exhibit 17: Most familiar brands for dimensioning solutions among respondents