This report includes a deep dive into the applicability of blockchain technology for supply chain traceability across
food safety, pharmaceutical, and luxury goods verticals. Assessing the strategic advantages and development areas
of blockchain, this report analyzes the integration of AIDC technology and blockchain to address current supply chain
visibility gaps. Analyzing best practices and key considerations for deploying a blockchain solution, this report gives
decision makers the tools to evaluate existing traceability infrastructure against a blockchain solution.
WHAT QUESTIONS ARE ADDRESSED?
- What is Blockchain & how can it be leveraged to enhance supply chain visibility?
- What are the strategic advantages and shortcomings of deploying a blockchain solution?
- What does deploying a blockchain solution look like and key considerations?
- Who are key players in the Blockchain competitive landscape?
- What are the key applications and early adoption trends for blockchain solutions?
VENDORS LISTED IN THIS REPORT:
- IBM Blockchain
- Zebra Technologies
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Evaluation of EDI & Data Exchange Solutions
- What is Blockchain?
- Blockchain & Supply Chain Traceability: an AIDC Perspective
- Vertical Applications of Blockchain
- Food Safety
- Luxury Goods
- Concluding Thoughts on Blockchain & Supply Chain Traceability
- Competitive Landscape
- About VDC Research
List of Exhibits
- Exhibit 1: Primary Factors Impacted From an Inability to Trace Items through the Supply Chain
- Exhibit 2: The Integration of Blockchain across the Supply Chain