ABI Research's Wi-Fi, Bluetooth & Wireless Connectivity market intelligence uncovers and identifies key synergies between new connectivity
solutions and standards long before they gain competitive traction. Our coverage, which includes data, trend, and forecast reports, examines
major forthcoming innovations and disruptions across various IoT platforms, application layers, and consortiums that have the potential
to affect companies across the supply chain. We aim to provide technology implementers with unparalleled insight into commercial and
industrial applications, as well as emerging opportunities in the smart city, environmental sensing, and nascent IoT markets.
TOP QUESTIONS WE RECEIVE FROM INDUSTRY INNOVATORS:
- What challenges will incoming new standards present to my company's current offerings?
- What are the benefits of wireless connectivity in industrial automation?
- What market opportunities for connectivity chipsets should my company capitalize on?
- How will WiGig and new connectivity technologies play a role in the VR space?
- What opportunities exist for low-power wireless connectivity in smart city applications?
- What is the future of the wireless connectivity landscape?
- What role will wireless connectivity play in future commercial and industrial applications?
- What impact will energy harvesting applications have on the wireless connectivity market?
- Where are the new opportunities for my company's chipsets?
- Are my company's devices futureproof in this fragmented market?
- What are the long-term challenges for semiconductor IP technologies?
- Is my company investing in the right semiconductor IP technologies?
- How will new technologies and IC developments impact my company's growth?
- How will multi-protocol ICs disrupt the connectivity market?
- Wireless connectivity market forecasts and vendor shares
- Bluetooth, 802.15.4 (Thread, ZigBee), Wi-Fi, Z-Wave
- Near field communication opportunities
- Opportunities for 60GHz Wi-Fi Technologies
- Wi-Fi HaLow and low-power IoT connectivity technologies
- Bluetooth 5, Bluetooth Beacons, and Bluetooth Mesh, and beyond
- Future of wireless connectivity and technical evolution
- Wireless chipset integration and multi-protocol combinations
Connectivity for the Factory Floor: Opportunities and Challenges for Wireless Technologies
Wireless connectivity is a fundamental enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT) and is rapidly enabling new growth opportunities across the smart home, wearable, building automation, automotive, retail, asset tracking, and other emerging IoT markets. For industrial and manufacturing environments, while wireless technologies have made some inroads in recent years, the opportunity for wireless technologies has remained relatively small and continues to face several challenges.
However, it is becoming increasingly clear that wireless connectivity solutions have a critical role to play in enabling the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) across a wide range of use cases ranging from Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS) and asset tracking to industrial wearables, condition-based monitoring, Augmented Reality (AR), and robotics applications.