There are major challenges facing today's industrial market. It can no longer scale manufacturing operations using the same methods by simply adding more workforce, more shifts, expanding factory floors or dropping prices. Why? Because of global competition, lack of energy, an insufficient labor pool, a convoluted supply chain and global sourcing environment, as well as high amounts of customization put pressure on tooling and reconfiguration. Furthermore, batch runs are getting smaller, thereby manufacturers are getting less lift out of every order.
There are dire consequences if the same traditional methods are used: companywide layoffs across all levels as well as lack of innovation and relevancy. Furthermore, new manufacturing opportunities will be available to small-to-medium shops in the future. At the present, they are generally specialized or focused on finishing. In the future, technologies, such as low-cost robotics and data platforms, will give these small shops the opportunity to compete for more complex manufacturing jobs.
To overcome these challenges, manufacturers need to first understand the technologies, invest in them as a key transformation agent and then digitize their operations to become more efficient and remain competitive 10-15 years from now.
ABI Research's Industrial Solution encompasses 18 modules that are composed of the most compelling transformative technologies. Our solution's main goal is to help companies digitize their operations, thus enabling them to become profitable by creating better quality products at lower costs, resulting in better margins and better competitive positioning.
All the modules will be released during the next 18 months from January 2019 to June 2020, and each module will include four main Research Deliverables that are released methodically throughout a three-month period, providing quantitative and qualitative reports so you have a clear strategic direction:
- 1. Research Analysis reports: Provide a thematic understanding of the market and a solid grounding within a specific technological development; available as Application Analysis and Technology Analysis reports.
- 2. Market Data spreadsheets: Deep quantitative research focusing on what market sizes look like to provide legitimate spin around perspectives and ammunition to make a meaningful difference to business models.
- 3. Competitive Assessment reports: Rate individual manufacturers' performances against their competitors and help answer strategic partnership questions: Whom should my company partner with? Whom should we be aware of? Whom should we avoid?
- 4. Total Lifetime Value Calculator spreadsheets: Allow companies to personalize their own perspectives and make business cases that are bounded in a project that is relevant to what they are specifically accomplishing. They also provide a long-tail investment model because technologies are continuously being built on top of one another, creating value across tens of years - it's not just about efficiency in short term.
Example: Implementing a smart manufacturing platform to eliminate machine downtime, then adding a visualization and simulation package to optimize real-time processes and simulation to optimize real-time processes and to bring more machines online by retooling them quickly.
Also included in the solution:
- Executive Foresights: One- to two-page executive summaries driven mostly by recent, noteworthy news events and often include technology forecasts
- Analyst Inquiry: 30-minute phone calls with an analyst to address market dynamics, forecasts and competitive landscapes
18 Modules Composed Of The Most Compelling Transformative Technologies Include:
- 5G for Industrial Applications
- Additive Manufacturing in Industrial Applications
- Artificial Intelligence in Industrial Applications
- Augmented Reality in Industrial Applications
- Autonomous Material Handling in Industrial Applications
- Blockchain in Industrial Applications
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi for Industrial Applications
- Collaborative Robots in Industrial Applications
- Data Management in Industrial Applications
- The Future of Reductive Manufacturing and Casting
- Generative Design in Industrial Applications
- Industrial IoT
- LPWA in Industrial Applications
- Machine Vision in Industrial Applications
- Next Generation Metrology and Inspection in Industrial Applications
- Next Generation Positioning & Location for Industrial Applications
- Smart Manufacturing Platforms
- Virtualization, Visualization and Simulation in Industrial Applications