Analysys Mason's Telecoms Software research stream provides market
share and forecast data, as well as in-depth analysis of trends in the
worldwide telecoms software market. Telecoms Software Market Shares
is one of the programmes in this research stream. It provides
analysis of more than 200 independent software suppliers and network equipment
manufacturers' software business units. The market share data is provided for
each of the 29 telecoms software segments that we cover.
These segments comprise OSS (service assurance and service fulfilment), BSS
(revenue management and customer care), SDP and NMS systems. A consolidated
report provides a combined forecast for all segments as well as separate
forecasts for the 6 major areas and 29 market segments.
We show the position of the top-six suppliers in each sub-segment according to
market share by telecoms service area and geographical region. We also provide
analysis of new companies that are entering the market, large suppliers that
are consolidating the market through acquisitions and trends that will shape
the future supplier market.
This is an excellent source of data on the leading suppliers in small, but
fast-growing, sub-segments of the market, such as real-time convergent
charging, service management, multi-service activation and telecoms
Our industry analysts will help you to:
- establish a clear position on technologies and services affecting the
telecoms software market
- make informed business decisions on the strategic direction of your company
- understand from the data we provide how quickly a market is developing.
Some of the issues we address include:
- which application segments are best positioned to outperform the overall
market and what are the market drivers that underpin this growth
- for each segment, which geographical regions present the best growth
- in which telecoms service segments, and in what areas, the share of
spending is increasing.
Market commentary by lead analyst
“This programme provides analysis of more than 200 independent software suppliers and network equipment manufacturers' software business units. For each segment, we provide market share positions for the top six suppliers.” Larry Goldman Partner, Head of Telecoms Software Research.
The service in detail
For a typical 12-month subscription, our clients can expect:
- Market share report : provides analysis of the telecoms software
market overall, based on continuous briefings and market analysis. It includes
market shares of leading vendors, vendor comparisons, market definitions and
- Excel data annex : provides the forecast data.
- 35 company profiles : include financial data, details of main
products and key customers, an analysis of market position and of strengths,
weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Access to experts : unmetered access to our subject matter experts
and thought leaders for additional insight and opinion, providing practical
advice in answer to ad hoc questions relating to our research.
Telecoms software market segments
Telecoms software segments explained
- Revenue management considers the systems CSPs use to introduce new services, change prices, offer bundles, share revenue with partners, issue bills, collect payments and handle many other fundamental revenue-related functions.
- Service delivery platforms covers the software systems used by CSPs for service creation, orchestration and execution, policy management, and content management.
- Customer care covers software systems used by CSPs to deal with current and prospective customers.
- Service fulfilment covers systems that CSPs use for configuring networks and the services that run on those networks.
- Service assurance includes systems used by CSPs for fault and event management, performance monitoring, probe systems, service management and workforce automation.
- Network management systems are those used by CSPs for element, network and domain management.