Welcome to the October Issue of Corn Products China News.
This newsletter will help you stay ahead of the game in this fast-changing market with real-time reporting on the entire corn products industry chain, from grain markets to the downstream food and feed markets. It includes breaking news from China and abroad, the latest market data (price, import & export, production, consumption, operating rates, etc.), in-depth analysis of market trends, Chinese government policy, performance of leading Chinese producers, M&A, new technologies, and expert commentary from industry insiders.
Here is the Editor's Note for you to know about the October issue specifically:
In Oct., China witnessed outbreaks of the African swine fever. However, domestic corn prices rose under the delayed launch of new northeast corn, prudent sales by farmers and increased transportation costs. The figure in the northern producing areas even exceeded USD290.04/t (RMB2,000/t). Additionally, many storehouses of China Grain commenced the purchase of new corn.
The Sino-US trade disputes have stimulated spot price of domestic bean pulp and the state therefore has accelerated the promotion of low protein diets. The CFIA drafted 2 industrial standards, the Formula Feed for Starter and Growing-finishing Pigs and the Formula Feed for Layers and Broilers. Specifically, the addition amounts of crude protein and total phosphorus for pig and chicken formula feed have been set at a maximum upper value on the basis of the minimum lower value.
Fuel ethanol is important for domestic corn deep processing industry. Several large-scale projects are under construction: Changtu 300,000 t/a fuel ethanol project, Heilongjiang Fujin 300,000 t/a biofuel ethanol project (phase I), the megaton fuel ethanol renovation and expansion project undertaken by Jilin Fuel Alcohol, the 300,000 t/a fuel ethanol project of Heilongjiang Wanli Runda, Heilongjiang Bei'an 300,000 t/a fuel ethanol project and the 300,000 t/a fuel ethanol project of COFCO Biochemical Bayan. Furthermore, Tianjin Municipality has proactively propelled the use of ethanol gasoline in the region and the Huirong depot in Binhai New Area has been operated.
As a crucial downstream industry for corn industrial chains, large live pig cultivation enterprises have attracted high attention. By 18 Oct., Wens, Chuying, DBN and Zhengbang Sci & Tech respectively unveiled their Q3 performance forecasts, correction versions and actual reports. During the period, Wens, Chuying and DBN all witnessed a YoY fall in net profits whereas Zhengbang Sci & Tech was the opposite.
Corn China News is a monthly published newsletter, which can be downloaded in PDF format. The subscription mode for this newsletter is yearly and the subscriber will receive 12 issues per year.
Table of Contents
Column 1 Governmental Direction
- Maximum upper value of crude protein and phosphorus set for pig and chicken formula feed
- Liaoning witnesses outbreaks of African swine fever
Column 2 Market Dynamics
- Construction progresses of several fuel ethanol projects
- Four major domestic pig enterprises unveil Q3 performance reports
- 2 large fresh corn processing projects being built in Heilongjiang
Column 3 Company Developments
- Zhucheng Dongxiao runs quality and efficient amino acid project
- COFCO Bio-chemical approved for merger with corn deep processors
- Update on Zhejiang NHU's Suihua Biological Fermentation Base
Column 4 Import & Export Analysis
- Chinese corn import tariff quota quantity unveiled for 2019
Column 5 Price Update
- Price update of corn products, Sept. 2018
- Furfural price increases and forecast to remain stable
Column 6 News in Brief
- China Grain commences purchase of new corn
- Xiwang Foodstuffs cooperates with JD New Pathway
- Suspected African swine fever found in Beizhen DBN
- Kaiyuan Chuanshun invests USD14.50 million in corn deep-processing project
- Jilin starts purchasing of new corn on 16 Oct.
- Huirong Petroleum runs 340,000 t/a ethanol gasoline distribution centre
- Xinjiang Wushi County attracts investment for corn deep processing project
- 22 Chinese feed producers rank global top 100
- SDIC and Xiamen Xiangyu launch construction of fuel ethanol project
- Heilongjiang Bayan to build fuel ethanol project