This research provides shipments and installed base on a quarterly and annual basis for vendors such as Toshiba Global Commerce (IBM), NCR, HP, Diebold-Nixdorf, Fujitsu, Dell, MICROS, Radiant, Digipos, and many others. It includes data on processors and operating systems historically and provides a forecast going forward. It is the only review of the POS market that includes the PC on Cash Drawer (PCOCD) market.
Below in the Product Highlights section we get into the details of the data available. The Preview tab gives you some pictorial examples of the types of data available.
This is very data intensive research and can go as deep as shipments by segment by region by operating system or processor-type. The data can also be purchased simply in aggregate by vendor worldwide or by individual region. Included are historical data back 2 years and projections forward for the next 6 quarters by vendor.
These data are meant to be used in conjunction with the POS Terminal Studies by region. It is in these studies where we discuss trends, barriers to entry, and growth assumptions. The data here are purely quantitative in nature. We are thankful to the vendors who participate in sharing data points to make this as accurate as possible.
Data is available for 4 regions:
- North America (US and Canada)
- LATAM (Mexico, Brazil, Latin/South America and Caribbean)
- Europe/Middle East/Africa (includes Eastern Europe and Russia)
- Asia/Pacific (includes China and India)
For each segment we provide data for the top 5-7 vendors per the following retail segments:
- Drug Stores
- Hypermarkets/Superstores/Warehouse Clubs
- Department Stores
- Mass Merchants
- Specialty Stores
- Hospitality (Pubs, Table Service/Family Restaurants, Fast Food)
For North America we further segment Specialty Stores into Specialty Category Killers and Specialty Other, and Hospitality into Fast Food, Bar/Restaurant, Lodging, Casinos/Cruises, and Entertainment: Theme Parks, Stadiums, Museums, others)
For each region, we will provide the following sheets:
- Total Shipments and Installed - A rollup of total shipments and installed base with forecast for total units. This will include trailing 4 quarters and 1 year overall, and a forecast for the next 4 quarters and total of 3 years. This is a rolling function that will be updated each quarter.
- Regional Vendor Sheet - This is a rollup by segment and by vendor and will include the 4 trailing quarters, then forecast for next 4 quarters and total of 3 years. Includes shipments and installed base.
- Regional Processor Shipments/Installed Base by Vendor by Quarter - This will look at the 4 trailing quarters and the next 4 quarters and 3 years by vendor, by segment, and by processors for the region. This will be a very detailed sheet and will include the following processor categories to begin with that match our POS studies:
- Pentium 1/2/3
- Pentium 4/Mobile
- Dual Core
- Core 2 Duo and above
Regional OS Shipments/Installed Base by Vendor by quarter - This is the same format as processors, but instead of the processors we will look at the operating systems by vendor by segment. The following operating systems (that match our POS report) are addressed.
- DOS and Legacy Windows
- Windows CE
- Windows XPe
- Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- WEPOS/POS Ready