Driven by the global transition to electric vehicles, the lithium market is currently undergoing a major transformation with the prospect of double-digit demand growth over the next decade. However, unlike some battery raw materials, lithium is neither scarce or geographically restricted and as a result, the number and variety of global lithium development projects have grown rapidly in recent years.
The service currently contains 67 fully costed operations and development projects while also tracking an additional 33 exploration stage projects. Each costed model provides a Discounted Cash Flow costing approach over the Life of Mine of each operation.
Lithium Cost Model Service - Extractive
The ‘Lithium Cost Model Service’ focuses on the outlook for lithium mine production and the operating cost and capital expenditure requirements of the existing lithium operations and development projects which are currently being evaluated within the brine, hard-rock and clay sectors.
Service Contents & Capabilities
Comprehensive coverage of operating mines and projects within the lithium industry; including data on location, ownership, reserves, resources, capacity, production, operating and capital costs.
Overview of current lithium mine supply and asset-by-asset brine, mine and project production from 2010 to 2040; providing users with the capability of building their own granular forecasts for lithium production.
Industry cost curves on multiple metrics, including All-In Sustaining Cost, which enables users to better understand the true economics at play within this emerging industry.
Breakdown of brine extractions rates, brine concentration, mining volumes, ore grade, process plant throughput, recovery and production on a year by year basis.
Information on greenfield, brownfield and expansion projects capital expenditure requirements.
Tools to analyse global reserves & resources; including exploration stage projects.
Custom cost curve tools and other analysis which is invaluable for project benchmarking.
Service blog outlining the latest developments in the sector and updates to the analysis contained within the service.
Detailed operating cost analysis, with an annualised breakdown of:
- Brine: Extraction costs, feedstock transport, plant processing, G&A, realisation/selling expenses, royalties payments and other sustaining/stay-in-business expenses.
- Mining: Mining, concentrator, G&A costs, royalty payments, realisation/transport expenses and other sustaining/stay-in-business expenses. It also includes a high-level overview of spodumene refining costs to benchmark spodumene operations against other projects and brine operations producing a refined lithium product.
- Excel-based service, downloadable from Roskill Interactive
- Quarterly service updates
- Access to the analysts for discussion around the service's content