The global market for CT scanners is estimated to increase from $7.8 billion in 2022 to reach $10.6 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% from 2022 through 2027.
North American market for CT scanners is estimated to increase from $3.1 billion in 2022 to reach $4.4 billion by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.8% from 2022 through 2027.
European market for CT scanners is estimated to increase from $2.3 billion in 2022 to reach $2.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 4.7% from 2022 through 2027.
The increased occurrence of diseases, such as cancer and metabolic diseases, has driven the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry toward developing efficient and accurate diagnostic tools and therapies. With the increases in elderly populations and incidence of disease worldwide, along with advancements in recent research and development (R&D), the demand for advanced technology for diagnostics has significantly increased. Technological developments in computed tomography have brought significant changes in the speed, spatial resolution, and dose efficiency in newer CT scanners. These advanced and high-end machines have transformed the field of radiology/imaging. This report focuses on the global market for CT scanners and provides an updated review, including the basic design of this technology and its applications.
The report addresses the whole market for CT scanners, focusing on the various types of CT scanners used, which include low-tier CT scanners (64 slices), portable scanners and cone beam CT scanners. The report also covers four main areas of applications: oncology, cardiovascular, neurology and others (guided procedures, spine, chest/thorax, pelvic/abdominal). The report also covers the market for CT scanners by end user. The end users of CT scanners considered in this report are hospitals and clinics, diagnostics labs and research and academics. Cone beam computed tomography is not included in the market by end user and application as this modality is generally used in dentistry and for maxillofacial scanning. In this study, BCC Research has attempted to estimate the market for computed tomography scanners based on revenue.
The new segments such as low-tier (64 slices), portable CT scanners, cone beam CT scanners, hospitals and clinics, diagnostics labs, research and academics, oncology, cardiology, neurology are sub-segmented by regions.
Also included in the report are relevant patent analyses and comprehensive profiles of the companies that lead the CT scanners industry. The report also provides a demographic analysis of various countries. Major players in the CT scanners market are Canon Medical Systems Corporation, Shimadzu, Fujifilm Corporation, GE Healthcare, Koning Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd., Planmeca Oy, Nuerologica Corp. (a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics), Shenzhen Anke High-Tech Co. Ltd., Siemens Healthineers AG, Arineta Ltd., Dentsply Sirona, Imaging Diagnostics Systems Inc., J. Morita Tokyp MFG. Corp., Sinovision Technologies (Beijing) Co. Ltd., Xoran Technologies LLC, Carestream Dental LLC and others.
This report focuses on the global market for CT scanners and provides an updated review, including its applications in various healthcare industry segments. The report covers CT scanners used in diagnostics and therapies.
The scope of the study is global. BCC Research analyzes each market and its application, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. The geographical regions covered in the report are North America, Europe, and the emerging markets. The emerging markets include countries such as India, China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
- 131 data tables and 31 additional tables
- An updated overview and in-depth analysis of the global markets for Computed Tomography (CT) scanners
- Analyses of the global market trends with historic market revenue data for 2019-2022, with projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Discussion of industry growth driving factors and major technology issues and challenges affecting the market for CT scanners as a basis for projecting demand over the next few years (2022-2027)
- Estimation of the actual market size and revenue forecast for the global CT scanners market in USD million values, and corresponding market share analysis by type, end user, application, country, and region
- Updated information on new developments in CT scanner industry, 510(k) clearances of CT scanners, regulatory aspects, key technological issues, and current status of the intellectual property rights
- Review of key patent grants on CT scanner technologies and deep dive of the corelated patent data by year, technology type, application, company, assignee, applicant country etc.
- Identification of the major stakeholders and analysis of the competitive landscape based on recent developments, financial performances, and segmental revenues
- Insight into the recent industry structure for CT scanners, competitive aspects of each product segments, increasing investment on R&D activities, key growth strategies, and company revenue share analysis
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including Canon Medical Systems Corp., Shimadzu, Fujifilm Corp., GE Healthcare, Koning Corp., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd., and Planmeca Oy
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Study Goals and Objectives
- 1.2 What's New in the Report?
- 1.3 Reasons for Doing This Study
- 1.4 Scope of Report
- 1.5 Information Sources
- 1.6 Methodology
- 1.7 Geographic Breakdown
- 1.8 Analyst's Credentials
- 1.9 BCC Custom Research
- 1.10 Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- 3.1 Introduction
- 3.2 Computed Tomography
- 3.2.1 Scanner Setup and Functionality
- 3.2.2 Functionality/Parameters
- 3.2.3 Types of CT Scans
- 3.2.4 CT Scan Uses
- 3.2.5 Risks of CT Scans
- 3.3 History of Computed Tomography
- 3.4 Types of Computed Tomography Scanners
- 3.4.1 Low-Tier Scanners (<64 Slices)
- 3.4.2 Mid-Tier Scanners (64 Slices)
- 3.4.3 Premium Scanners (>64 Slices)
- 3.4.4 Portable Scanners
- 3.4.5 Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
- 3.5 Clinical Applications of Computed Tomography Scanners
- 3.5.1 Oncology
- 3.5.2 Cardiology
- 3.5.3 Neurology
- 3.5.4 Acute Care
- 3.6 Demographics
- 3.6.1 Cancer
- 3.6.2 Cardiovascular Diseases
- 3.7 Global Burden of Diseases
Chapter 4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market for CT Scanners
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Impact of COVID-19 on CT Scanners in Healthcare
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- 5.1 Market by Type of Technology
- 5.1.1 Market Overview
- 5.1.2 Market Revenue
- 5.1.3 Market Shares
- 5.1.4 Average Selling Prices and Installed Bases of CT Scanners
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by End User
- 6.1 Hospitals and Clinics
- 6.2 Diagnostics Labs
- 6.3 Research and Academic Institutions
- 6.4 Global Market for CT Scanners by End User
- 6.4.1 Market Overview
- 6.4.2 Market Revenue
- 6.4.3 Market Shares
- 6.4.4 End-User Markets for Low-Tier CT Scanners (<64 Slices)
- 6.4.5 End-User Markets for Mid-Tier CT Scanners (64 Slices)
- 6.4.6 End-User Markets for Premium CT Scanners (>64 Slices)
- 6.4.7 End-User Markets for Portable CT Scanners
Chapter 7 Market for CT Scanners, by Application
- 7.1 Global Application Markets for CT Scanners
- 7.1.1 Market Overview
- 7.1.2 Market Revenue
- 7.1.3 Market Shares
- 7.1.4 Application Markets for Low-Tier CT Scanners
- 7.1.5 Application Markets for Mid-Tier CT Scanners (64 Slices)
- 7.1.6 Application Markets for Premium CT Scanners (>64 Slices)
- 7.1.7 Application Markets for Portable CT Scanners
Chapter 8 Market for CT Scanners, by Region
- 8.1 Market Overview
- 8.2 Market Revenue
- 8.3 Regional Market Shares
- 8.4 Regional Markets for Low-Tier CT Scanners (<64 Slices)
- 8.4.1 Market Overview
- 8.4.2 Market Revenue
- 8.5 Regional Markets for Mid-Tier CT Scanners (64 Slices)
- 8.5.1 Market Overview
- 8.5.2 Market Revenue
- 8.6 Regional Markets for Premium CT Scanners (>64 Slices)
- 8.6.1 Market Overview
- 8.6.2 Market Revenue
- 8.7 Regional Markets for Portable CT Scanners
- 8.7.1 Market Overview
- 8.7.2 Market Revenue
- 8.8. Regional Markets for Cone Beam CT Scanners
- 8.8.1 Market Overview
- 8.8.2 Market Revenue
- 8.9 North American Market for CT Scanners
- 8.10 European Market for CT Scanners
- 8.10.1 Germany
- 8.10.2 U.K.
- 8.10.3 France
- 8.10.4 Italy
- 8.10.5 Spain
- 8.10.6 Rest of Europe
- 8.11 Asia-Pacific Market for CT Scanners
- 8.11.1 China
- 8.11.2 India
- 8.11.3 Japan
- 8.11.4 Australia
- 8.11.5 South Korea
- 8.11.6 Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 8.12 Rest of the World (RoW) Market for CT Scanners
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
- 9.1 Latest Technological Advances in Market for CT Scanners
- 9.1.1 Latest CT Scanner Product Introductions
- 9.1.2 The CT industry is divided by the types of CT scanners available in the market:
- 9.2 Low-Tier CT Scanners (<64 Slices)
- 9.2.1 Market Leaders
- 9.2.2 Market Shares
- 9.3 Mid-Tier CT Scanners (64 Slices)
- 9.3.1 Market Leaders
- 9.3.2 Market Shares
- 9.4 Premium CT Scanners (>64 Slices)
- 9.4.1 Market Leaders
- 9.4.2 Market Shares
- 9.5 Portable CT Scanners
- 9.5.1 Market Leaders
- 9.5.2 Market Shares
- 9.6 Cone Beam CT Scanners (CBCT)
- 9.6.1 Market Leaders
- 9.6.2 Market Shares
- 9.7 Key Developments
- 9.8 Regulatory Aspects
- 9.8.1 U.S. Regulations
- 9.8.2 EU Regulations
- 9.8.3 Chinese Regulations
- 9.8.4 Japanese Regulations
- 9.8.5 Brazilian Regulations
Chapter 10 Patent Review/New Developments
- 10.1 Patents by Year
- 10.2 Patents by Type
- 10.3 Patents by Company
- 10.4 Number of CT Scanners Installed by Country in 2020
Chapter 11 Introduction of Market Opportunities
- 11.1 Factors Affecting the Market for CT Scanners
- 11.1.1 Drivers of the Market for CT Scanners
- 11.1.2 Current Challenges Within the Market for CT Scanners
- 11.1.3 Current Trends Within the Market for CT Scanners
Chapter 12 Company Profiles
- ARINETA LTD.
- CANON INC.
- CARESTREAM DENTAL LLC
- DANAHER CORP.
- DENTSPLY SIRONA INC.
- FUJIFILM HOLDINGS CORP.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- IMAGING DIAGNOSTICS SYSTEMS INC.
- J. MORITA MANUFACTURING CORP.
- KONING HEALTH
- NEUSOFT MEDICAL SYSTEMS CO. LTD.
- NEUROLOGICA CORP.
- KONINKLIJKE PHILIPS N.V.
- PLANMECA OY
- PLANMED OY
- SCANCO MEDICAL AG
- SHENZHEN ANKE HIGH-TECH CO. LTD.
- SHIMAZDU CORP.
- SIEMENS HEALTHINEERS AG
- SINOVISION TECHNOLOGIES (BEIJING) CO. LTD.
- AMST SMIT
- TRIVITRON HEALTHCARE PVT. LTD.
- VARIAN MEDICAL SYSTEMS INC.
- XORAN TECHNOLOGIES LLC
Chapter 13 Appendix: Acronyms