The global market for thawing systems is estimated to increase from $242.2 million in 2022 to reach $341.4 million by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.1% from 2022 through 2027.
The global market for thawing systems for blood sampling is estimated to increase from $151.7 million in 2022 to reach $207.3 million by 2027, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% from 2022 through 2027.
The global market for thawing systems for embryo and ovum sampling is estimated to increase from $42.5 million in 2022 to reach $65.4 million by 2027, at a CAGR of 9.0% from 2022 through 2027.
The scope of this study entails the worldwide market for thawing systems. The report covers the entire market for thawing systems, which incorporates four sample types: blood, embryo and ovum, semen, and stem cells. Based on the end user, thawing systems are divided into blood bank and transfusion centers, hospitals and diagnostic centers, biotechnology and pharma companies, and research and academic institutes.
By geographical region, the market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World. For market estimates, data has been provided for the year 2021 as the base year, with forecasts for 2022-2027. Estimated values are based on device manufacturers' total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- 25 tables
- An overview of the global markets for thawing systems
- Estimation of market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019-2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Coverage of history and principles of cryopreservation, and discussion on impact of cryopreservation and freeze-thawing on therapeutic properties
- Assessment of the regulatory environment, healthcare policies, demographics, and other factors that directly affect the thawing systems market
- Discussion on the implications of thawing systems in the context of the current size and growth of the medical device market, and description of important technologies that supports thawing devices
- Evaluation of key industry acquisitions and strategic alliances and market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry
- Profiles of the key companies in the thawing systems market, including BioLife Solutions Inc., Cardinal Health, Sartorius, Cytiva Life Sciences, Boekel Scientific, FreMon Scientific Inc., and Helmer Scientific Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Study Goals and Objectives
- 1.2 Reasons for Doing This Study
- 1.3 Scope of Report
- 1.4 Information Sources
- 1.5 Methodology
- 1.6 Intended Audience
- 1.7 Geographic Breakdown
- 1.8 Analyst's Credentials
- 1.9 BCC Custom Research
- 1.10 Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
- 2.1 Market Size and Evolution
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- 3.1 History and Principles of Cryopreservation
- 3.1.1 Principles of Cryopreservation
- 3.2 Impact of Cryopreservation and Freeze-Thawing on Therapeutic Properties
- 3.2.1 Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells (HSPCs)
- 3.2.2 Mesenchymal Stromal/Stem Cells (MSCs)
- 3.2.3 Other Common Cellular Therapeutics
- 3.3 Guide to Cell Thawing
- 3.3.1 Controlled Cooling for Stable Thawing
- 3.3.2 Ice Formation During Cooling
- 3.3.3 Post-Thaw Toxicity
- 3.4 Market Dynamics
- 3.4.1 Market Drivers
- 3.4.2 Market Restraints
- 3.4.3 Opportunity
- 3.5 Impact of COVID-19 on the Thawing System Market
Chapter 4 Global Market Breakdown
- 4.1 Overview
- 4.2 Global Market of Thawing Systems, by Sample Type
- 4.2.1 Blood
- 4.2.2 Stem Cell
- 4.2.3 Embryo and Ovum
- 4.2.4 Semen
- 4.3 Global Market of Thawing Systems, by End User
- 4.3.1 Biotechnology and Pharma Companies
- 4.3.2 Blood Banks and Transfusion Centers
- 4.3.3 Hospitals and Diagnostic Centers
- 4.3.4 Academic and Research Institutes
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown, by Region
- 5.1 Introduction
- 5.2 North America
- 5.3 Europe
- 5.4 Asia-Pacific
- 5.5 Rest of the World
Chapter 6 Industry Trends and Emerging Technologies
- 6.1 Competitive Landscape
- 6.2 Emerging Technologies
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- ANTRAD MEDICAL AB
- BIOLIFE SOLUTIONS INC.
- BOEKEL SCIENTIFIC.
- CARDINAL HEALTH
- CYTIVA LIFE SCIENCES
- FREMON SCIENTIFIC INC.
- HELMER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- KW SCIENTIFIC DEVICES SRL
- SARSTEDT AG & CO.
- STERICOX INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED