The global next-generation cancer diagnostics market reached $8.7 billion in 2022 and should reach $15 billion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.5% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
Breast segment of the global next-generation cancer diagnostics market reached $2.2 billion in 2022 and should reach $3.9 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 11.6% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
Urinary system segment of the global next-generation cancer diagnostics market reached $610.4 million in 2022 and should reach $1.2 billion by 2027, with a CAGR of 14.5% during the forecast period of 2022-2027.
This research report analyzes leading next-generation diagnostic technologies, including next generation sequencing (NGS), polymerase chain reaction (PCR), multiplex conventional, cell or extracellular vesicle capture, and arrays/microfluidics. The report also discusses various liquid biopsy platforms and how these compare with tissue-based testing.
The report discusses several significant, large-scale research initiatives contributing to cancer diagnostic development. Key forces driving the market are discussed.
An in-depth analysis of key companies operating in the next-generation cancer diagnostic and technologies market is also included. The information also focuses on companies involved in developing products and emerging technologies.
The market for next-generation cancer diagnostics is analyzed in depth. The market is analyzed by cancer site (bladder, brain, breast, colorectal, cancer of unknown primary, gastric, gynecologic, hematologic, kidney, liver, lung, pan-cancer, pancreatic, prostate, melanoma, and thyroid), by test purpose (screening/early detection, diagnosis, monitoring, therapy guidance), by test platform (arrays/microfluidics, cell/EV capture, multiplex conventional, PCR and NGS) and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of World).
The base year for market data is 2021, with historical data provided for 2020 and 2019 and forecast data provided through 2027. Historical, base year, and forecast data are provided for each market segment of the report.
- 15 data tables and 80 additional tables
- An overview of the global market and technologies for next generation cancer diagnostics
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022 and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the current and future market potential and quantification of next generation cancer diagnostics market based on type, application, and region
- Description of arrays and microfluidics (LOAC) technologies, multiplex conventional technologies, next generation sequencing technology and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) technology
- Analysis of underlying technological, environmental, legal/regulatory, and political trends that may influence the size and nature of the market
- Coverage of the key initiatives and programs related to the next generation cancer diagnostics market
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of their proprietary technologies, strategic alliances, and other key market strategies
- Company profiles of major players within the industry, including Abbott Laboratories, Illumina Inc., Becton, Dickinson and Co., and Illumina Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- 1.1 Study Goals and Objectives
- 1.2 Reasons for Doing This Study
- 1.3 Scope of Report
- 1.4 What's New in This Update?
- 1.5 Information Sources and Methodology
- 1.5.1 Secondary Research
- 1.5.2 Primary Research
- 1.6 Research Methodology
- 1.7 Geographic Breakdown
- 1.8 Analyst's Credentials
- 1.9 BCC Custom Research
- 1.10 Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market and Technology Background
- 3.1 Overview
- 3.2 Next Generation Sequencing in Personalized Medicine
- 3.2.1 Cost-Effective
- 3.2.2 Samples Required
- 3.3 NGS in Clinical Oncology
- 3.3.1 Accurate Detection of Genetic Mutations
- 3.3.2 Precision Diagnostics
- 3.3.3 Tumor Genomic Profiling
- 3.4 Large-Scale Initiatives and Consortia
- 3.5 Liquid Biopsy Technologies
- 3.6 Liquid Biopsy as a Market-Driving Force
- 3.7 Industry
- 3.8 Diagnostics Overview
- 3.9 Arrays and Microfluidics (LOAC) Technologies
- 3.9.1 DNA Microarrays
- 3.9.2 Protein Microarrays
- 3.9.3 Microfluidics
- 3.10 Multiplex Conventional Technologies
- 3.11 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Technology
Chapter 4 Cancer Diagnostics Market
- 4.1 Forces Driving Growth
- 4.2 Cancer Markets
- 4.3 Market for Next-Generation Cancer Diagnostics by Cancer Site
- 4.3.1 Bladder Cancer
- 4.3.2 Brain Cancer
- 4.3.3 Breast Cancer
- 4.4 Market for Next-Generation Cancer Diagnostics by Purpose of Analysis
- 4.4.1 Screening/Early Detection Market
- 4.4.2 Diagnostics Market
- 4.4.3 Therapy Guidance Market
- 4.4.4 Monitoring Market
- 4.5 Market for Next-Generation Cancer Diagnostics by Test Platform
- 4.5.1 PCR Test Platform
- 4.5.2 NGS Test Platform
- 4.5.3 Array/Microfluidics Test Platform
- 4.5.4 Cells and/or EV Capture Test Platform
- 4.5.5 Multiplex Conventional Test Platform
- 4.6 Market for Test Platforms by Cancer Site
- 4.6.1 PCR Test Platform
- 4.6.2 NGS Test Platform
- 4.7 Market by Diagnostic Segment
- 4.7.1 Screening/Early Detection Market
- 4.7.2 Diagnostics Market
- 4.7.3 Monitoring Market
- 4.7.4 Therapy Guidance Market
- 4.7.5 Breast Cancer Diagnostics
- 4.7.6 Digestive Cancer Diagnostics
- 4.7.7 Respiratory and Skin Cancer Diagnostics
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown Application by Cancer Site
- 5.1 Overview
- 5.2 Bladder Cancer
- 5.3 Brain Cancer
- 5.3.1 Types of Brain Cancer
- 5.4 Breast Cancer
- 5.4.1 Risk
- 5.4.2 Breast Cancer Screening
- 5.4.3 Prognosis and Pharmacogenetics Tests
- 5.4.4 Breast Cancer MDx Platforms
- 5.4.5 Status of Next-Generation Breast Cancer Tests
- 5.4.6 Treatment
- 5.5 Gynecologic Cancers
- 5.5.1 Cervical Cancer
- 5.5.2 Ovarian Cancer
- 5.6 Colorectal Cancer
- 5.6.1 Conventional Colorectal Cancer Screening Tests
- 5.6.2 Next-Generation Colorectal Cancer Diagnostic Tests
- 5.7 Cancer Unknown Primary
- 5.8 Gastric Cancer
- 5.9 Kidney Cancer
- 5.10 Hematologic Tests: Leukemia and Myeloma
- 5.11 Liver Cancer
- 5.12 Lung Cancer
- 5.13 Hematologic Tests: Lymphomas
- 5.14 Melanoma
- 5.15 Pan-Cancer
- 5.16 Prostate Cancer
- 5.17 Thyroid Cancer
Chapter 6 Emerging Technologies
- 6.1 Overview
- 6.2 Population Sequencing Programs
- 6.3 Introduction
- 6.4 CRISPR
Chapter 7 Evaluation of the Market Based on Geographic Region
- 7.1 Overview of the Geographical Distribution of the Market
- 7.2 Overview
- 7.3 North America
- 7.4 Europe
- 7.5 Asia-Pacific
- 7.6 Rest of the World
Chapter 8 Patents
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- ABBVIE INC.
- ADVANCED CELL DIAGNOSTICS INC.
- AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES
- ARTIVION INC.
- BECTON, DICKINSON AND CO.
- BENITEC BIOPHARMA LTD.
- CALADRIUS BIOSCIENCES
- CELGENE CORP.
- COMMENCE BIO
- DEPUY SYNTHES (J&J)
- DRAGERWERK AG & CO. KGAA
- EPIC SCIENCES INC.
- ILLUMINA INC.
- IMMUNOCELLULAR THERAPEUTICS
- INEX INNOVATIONS EXCHANGE PTE. LTD.
- INIVATA LTD.
- INTERPACE DIAGNOSTICS LLC
- INVIVOSCRIBE INC.
- MEDTRONIC PLC
- MERCK KGAA
- NOVARTIS AG
- ONCOCYTE CORP.
- ONCOMED PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
- PLURISTEM THERAPEUTICS INC.
- SILICON BIOSYSTEMS S.P.A
- SPHERE FLUIDICS LTD.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC
- VITATEX INC.