As the global leader in cord blood industry data, one of the questions that we often get asked is, "How many cord blood companies are active in the world right now?" If you operate a cord blood bank, you may have asked yourself that question.
Here is the answer:
There are 450+ cord blood banks worldwide. Approximately half of them operate laboratory facilities, while the others contract with third-party partners to facilitate their processing and storage activities.
A Maturing Industry
The past few years have witnessed a maturation of the cord blood banking market and that means more competition. When we first started tracking the cord blood industry in the early 2000's, there were only a few dozen cord blood banks worldwide.
Now, there are hundreds of active cord blood banks, spread out across 98 different countries.
Claim this global database to identify the specific people and companies operating within the global cord blood banking industry.
How it Came About
The "Global Cord Blood Industry Database" was initially developed as an in-house list. We began keeping a database for the cord blood industry when we began tracking the industry in 2006.
In that year we began producing market research reports for the cord blood banking industry. As a result of years of committed research into the industry and hundreds of hours spent with clients, we now offer detailed analysis for the industry.
Similarly, we developed this database as an in-house resource over the course of the past decade. It developed as an in-house list, but then our clients requested that we share it with them too.
Becoming What it is Today
At the time we began tracking the cord blood banking industry, there were only a small number of cord blood banks worldwide and it was unknown what the industry would (or would not) grow into.
Today, there are more than 450 cord blood banks worldwide, of which approximately 200 operate laboratory facilities. This database has grown to include them all.
It is a comprehensive industry database containing contacts for individuals operating every known cord blood company worldwide (approximately 3,500), as well as approximately related 2,500 cord blood industry contacts, for a total of nearly 6,000 contacts.
Empower Yourself with Knowledge
While you may have know that the cord blood banking industry has matured over the past few years, it is unlikely that you have tracked the exact number of your competitors.
However, a lack of awareness could be harming your business. Claim this global database to become aware of the companies and organizations operating within your industry.
Use it to recognize competitive threats and identify weak competitors that could represent an opportunity to take market share.
Here is What You Can Expect
1) Competitive Intelligence
- Be informed about the companies operating in your industry, whether they have been in business for several decades or have just begun operations.
2) Strategic Positioning
- Be fully equipped with the information necessary to successfully lead your company.
3) Recognize Dangerous Competitive Threats
- Be aware of companies that are rapidly expanding or new market entrants that represent a threat to your business.
4) Industry Security
- Be able to operate in the cord blood banking industry while fully informed, even as the industry matures and grows more competitive.
5) Out-Compete the Competition
- Have an edge on your competition by acquiring knowledge and insight that they don't have.
You'll Also Learn Top Countries for Cord Blood Banking
When you claim this database, you'll also learn the top countries for cord blood ranking, ranked by the number of cord blood banks active within each country.
Currently, the top 15 countries are:
- 1. USA
- 2. Italy
- 3. Spain
- 4. Germany
- 5. United Kingdom
- 6. India
- 7. Canada
- 8. Israel
- 9. Brazil
- 10. Australia
- 11. Belgium
- 12. Poland
- 13. Chile
- 14. Cyprus
- 15. China
Applications for Your Business
Use this cord blood industry database to identify:
- New cord blood industry participants (market threats)
- Regions with intense geographic competition (market saturation)
- Top countries for cord blood banking (geographic differences)
You can also see a list of the countries worldwide with established cord blood banks and access contact information for each one (phone, address, and email).
Or, sort it by column to immediately view cord blood banks by:
- Company Name
- Street Address
It's really that easy (and inexpensive) to be aware of new and existing cord blood banks worldwide.
Table of Contents
Format of the Cord Blood Industry Database
The database is provided to you as two separate Excel files:
- 1) Part 1: Global List of Cord Blood Banks, with Contact Information - Perform competitive analysis of your market using this global database of cord blood banks worldwide. Sort it by Country, Company Name, or Company Details, to assess competition within any region of interest to you.
- [ TAB 1: Complete List of Cord Blood Banks by Country; TAB 2: Countries with Cord Blood Banks.]
- 2) Part 2: Cord Blood Industry Contacts - Quantify levels of competition by analyzing this accompanying file of nearly 6,000 cord blood industry contacts. Use it to quantify levels of competitor activity and identify individual active within the cord blood banking marketplace
- [ TAB 1: Contacts at Cord Blood Banks - 3,500; TAB 2: Other Cord Blood Industry Contacts - 2,400.]