Global 5G mmWave Technology Market is valued at approximately USD XX billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow with a healthy growth rate of more than XX% over the forecast period 2022-2029. 5G mmWave or 5G millimeter wave is a short-range, high-frequency network technology. This technology is used in radio astronomy, remote sensing, car radars, wireless sensing, imaging, security screening, and telecommunications. Since mmWave operates at a higher frequency, it can cover a smaller area with more capacity and bandwidth. Shopping malls crowded inner-city train stations, stadiums, and other areas with high user density can all benefit from mm Wave's capabilities because it can send a signal up to a few hundred metres from the base station. The increasing deployment of high-speed networks in residential and commercial sectors as well as growing penetration of smartphones are key factors accelerating the market growth.
The increasing smartphone penetration coupled with rising adoption of high-speed internet services is contributing towards the growth of the Global 5G mmWave Technology Market. For instance, according to Statista - in 2020, the number of smartphone subscriptions worldwide were estimated at 5924 million, and the number is projected to grow to 7690 million towards the end of 2027. Moreover, as per Statista - in 2019, the 5G mobile subscription worldwide was estimated at 12 million, and the number of 5G subscriptions is projected to grow to 4 billion subscribers by 2027. Also, growing investment in telecom infrastructure in developing regions and increasing use of wireless communication technologies would create lucrative growth prospects for the market over the forecast period. However, the high cost of 5G mmWave Technology components stifles market growth throughout the forecast period of 2022-2029.
The key regions considered for the Global 5G mmWave Technology Market study includes Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Rest of the World. North America dominated the market in terms of revenue, owing to the dominance of leading market players and growing acceptance & deployment of 5G mmWave Technology solutions in the region. Whereas Asia Pacific is expected to grow with the highest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to factors such as the rising expansion of the telecom sector and increasing deployment of 5G network infrastructure-based millimeter wave technology in the region.
Major market players included in this report are:
Aviat Networks Inc.
Farran Technology Ltd.
Fastback Networks Inc.
Keysight Technologies Inc.
Millimeter Wave Products Inc.
Siklu Communication Ltd.
Vubiq Networks Inc
Smiths Group Plc
Mistral Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Recent Developments in the Market:
- In October 2022, USA-based Movandi, specializing in 5G RF and mmWave technologies and software, announced a collaboration with Rakuten Mobile to expand 5G outdoor and indoor mmWave network coverage and capacity in Japan through the deployment of Movandi's smart repeater and BeamXR Open-RAN technology.
Global 5G mmWave Technology Market Report Scope:
Historical Data: 2019-2020-2021
Base Year for Estimation: 2021
Forecast period: 2022-2029
Report Coverage: Revenue forecast, Company Ranking, Competitive Landscape, Growth factors, and Trends
Segments Covered: Component, Application, Region
Regional Scope: North America; Europe; Asia Pacific; Latin America; Rest of the World
Customization Scope: Free report customization (equivalent up to 8 analyst's working hours) with purchase. Addition or alteration to country, regional & segment scope*
The objective of the study is to define market sizes of different segments & countries in recent years and to forecast the values to the coming years. The report is designed to incorporate both qualitative and quantitative aspects of the industry within countries involved in the study.
The report also caters detailed information about the crucial aspects such as driving factors & challenges which will define the future growth of the market. Additionally, it also incorporates potential opportunities in micro markets for stakeholders to invest along with the detailed analysis of competitive landscape and product offerings of key players. The detailed segments and sub-segment of the market are explained below:
Antennas & Transceiver
Communications & Networking Components
Military and Defense
Automotive and Transport
Rest of the World
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. Executive Summary
- 1.1. Market Snapshot
- 1.2. Global & Segmental Market Estimates & Forecasts, 2019-2029 (USD Billion)
- 1.2.1. 5G mmWave Technology Market, by Region, 2019-2029 (USD Billion)
- 1.2.2. 5G mmWave Technology Market, by Component, 2019-2029 (USD Billion)
- 1.2.3. 5G mmWave Technology Market, by Application, 2019-2029 (USD Billion)
- 1.3. Key Trends
- 1.4. Estimation Methodology
- 1.5. Research Assumption
Chapter 2. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market Definition and Scope
- 2.1. Objective of the Study
- 2.2. Market Definition & Scope
- 2.2.1. Scope of the Study
- 2.2.2. Industry Evolution
- 2.3. Years Considered for the Study
- 2.4. Currency Conversion Rates
Chapter 3. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market Dynamics
- 3.1. 5G mmWave Technology Market Impact Analysis (2019-2029)
- 3.1.1. Market Drivers
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing deployment of high-speed networks in residential and commercial sectors
- 22.214.171.124. Growing penetration of smartphones
- 3.1.2. Market Challenges
- 126.96.36.199. High Cost of 5G mmWave Technology components
- 3.1.3. Market Opportunities
- 188.8.131.52. Growing investment in telecom infrastructure in developing regions
- 184.108.40.206. Increasing use of wireless communication technologies
Chapter 4. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market Industry Analysis
- 4.1. Porter's 5 Force Model
- 4.1.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.1.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.1.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 4.1.4. Threat of Substitutes
- 4.1.5. Competitive Rivalry
- 4.2. Futuristic Approach to Porter's 5 Force Model (2019-2029)
- 4.3. PEST Analysis
- 4.3.1. Political
- 4.3.2. Economical
- 4.3.3. Social
- 4.3.4. Technological
- 4.4. Top investment opportunity
- 4.5. Top winning strategies
- 4.6. Industry Experts Prospective
- 4.7. Analyst Recommendation & Conclusion
Chapter 5. Risk Assessment: COVID-19 Impact
- 5.1. Assessment of the overall impact of COVID-19 on the industry
- 5.2. Pre COVID-19 and post COVID-19 Market scenario
Chapter 6. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market, by Component
- 6.1. Market Snapshot
- 6.2. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market by Component, Performance - Potential Analysis
- 6.3. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market Estimates & Forecasts by Component 2019-2029 (USD Billion)
- 6.4. 5G mmWave Technology Market, Sub Segment Analysis
- 6.4.1. Antennas & Transceiver
- 6.4.2. Communications & Networking Components
- 6.4.3. Others
Chapter 7. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market, by Application
- 7.1. Market Snapshot
- 7.2. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market by Application, Performance - Potential Analysis
- 7.3. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market Estimates & Forecasts by Application 2019-2029 (USD Billion)
- 7.4. 5G mmWave Technology Market, Sub Segment Analysis
- 7.4.1. Telecommunication
- 7.4.2. Military and Defense
- 7.4.3. Automotive and Transport
- 7.4.4. Healthcare
- 7.4.5. Electronics
Chapter 8. Global 5G mmWave Technology Market, Regional Analysis
- 8.1. 5G mmWave Technology Market, Regional Market Snapshot
- 8.2. North America 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.2.1. U.S. 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 220.127.116.11. Component breakdown estimates & forecasts, 2019-2029
- 18.104.22.168. Application breakdown estimates & forecasts, 2019-2029
- 8.2.2. Canada 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.3. Europe 5G mmWave Technology Market Snapshot
- 8.3.1. U.K. 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.3.2. Germany 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.3.3. France 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.3.4. Spain 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.3.5. Italy 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.3.6. Rest of Europe 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.4. Asia-Pacific 5G mmWave Technology Market Snapshot
- 8.4.1. China 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.4.2. India 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.4.3. Japan 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.4.4. Australia 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.4.5. South Korea 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.4.6. Rest of Asia Pacific 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.5. Latin America 5G mmWave Technology Market Snapshot
- 8.5.1. Brazil 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.5.2. Mexico 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.5.3. Rest of Latin America 5G mmWave Technology Market
- 8.6. Rest of The World 5G mmWave Technology Market
Chapter 9. Competitive Intelligence
- 9.1. Top Market Strategies
- 9.2. Company Profiles
- 9.2.1. Aviat Networks
- 22.214.171.124. Key Information
- 126.96.36.199. Overview
- 188.8.131.52. Financial (Subject to Data Availability)
- 184.108.40.206. Product Summary
- 220.127.116.11. Recent Developments
- 9.2.2. Farran Technology Ltd.
- 9.2.3. Fastback Networks Inc.
- 9.2.4. Keysight Technologies Inc.
- 9.2.5. Millimeter Wave Products Inc.
- 9.2.6. Siklu Communication Ltd.
- 9.2.7. Vubiq Networks Inc
- 9.2.8. Smiths Group Plc
- 9.2.9. Mistral Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- 9.2.10. NEC Corporation.
Chapter 10. Research Process
- 10.1. Research Process
- 10.1.1. Data Mining
- 10.1.2. Analysis
- 10.1.3. Market Estimation
- 10.1.4. Validation
- 10.1.5. Publishing
- 10.2. Research Attributes
- 10.3. Research Assumption