DelveInsight's 'Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure - Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast - 2030' report delivers an in-depth understanding of the disease, historical, and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends of acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) market report provides analysis regarding current treatment practices, emerging drugs like Albutein 5% (PE-A 5%) and Hepastem, other promising therapies market share of the individual therapies, and historical, current, and forecasted ACLF market size from 2017 to 2030, segmented by seven major markets.
Furthermore, the report also covers current acute-on-chronic liver failure treatment practice/algorithm, guidelines, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best opportunities. It also assesses the underlying potential of the market.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017-2030
Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure- Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure is a clinical syndrome observed in patients with already existing liver disease. It is characterized by a precipitating event, multiorgan failure, and is associated with short-term mortality. ACLF has been defined differently by various organizations, including Asia Pacific (APASL), European and North American consortia, and the World Gastroenterology Organization. These definitions differ in terms of acute event duration, precipitating events, presenting features, underlying liver disease, and definitions of organ failure.
Furthermore, ACLF is classified into three groups, according to the underlying liver disease ACLF: type A ACLF (patients with underlying non-cirrhotic chronic liver disease), type B ACLF (patients with previously compensated cirrhosis), and C ACLF (patients with previous decompensated cirrhosis). Diagnosis involves liver biopsy and the use of prognostic scores. Biomarkers are needed to optimize diagnosis and understand the pathophysiology of complications.
There is no specific treatment for patients with ACLF, and management is based on organ support, management of complications associated with specific etiologies, and liver transplantation. New treatment strategies based on liver support systems, immunomodulatory treatments, and stem cell therapy are being evaluated in clinical studies.
This chapter covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available to treat acute-on-chronic liver failure. It also provides acute-on-chronic liver failure treatment guidelines across the United States and Europe.
DelveInsight's acute-on-chronic liver failure market report gives a thorough understanding of the disease by including details such as disease definition, etiology, types, pathophysiology, biomarkers, and diagnosis. It also provides Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure treatment patterns and treatment guidelines in the US and Europe.
The acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) epidemiology chapters provide insights about historical and current ACLF patient pool and forecasted trends for every seven major countries. It helps recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. Acute-on-chronic liver failure epidemiology is segmented by the cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure, cases of acute-on-chronic liver failure by grades, organ failures associated with acute-on-chronic liver failure, potential precipitating events of acute-on-chronic liver failure. Besides, the report includes a thorough analysis of all segments.
According to DelveInsight's , the total prevalent acute-on-chronic liver failure population in seven major markets was 60,521 in 2017. These cases are expected to increase with a significant CAGR during the study period (2017-2030).
Among all the seven major markets, total prevalent cases for Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure were the highest cases for ACLF were in Germany, followed by the United States. Italy accounted for the least number of cases among the 7MM.
This segment encloses the detailed analysis of the drugs in the Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure pipeline. It also helps understand the Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, the included drug's agreements, and the latest news and press releases.
Currently, there is no specific effective treatment available for patients with ACLF. Therefore, management relies on early identification, the treatment of precipitating factors (bacterial infections, treatment for HBV, corticosteroids in alcoholic hepatitis), and support treatment for the various types of organ failures. It also includes determining the prognosis pattern and the subsequent need for liver support, including possible liver transplantation. Liver transplantation (LT) remains the definitive treatment for patients with ACLF.
The market size of Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure is expected to increase at a significant CAGR during the study period (2017-2030). Among all the seven major markets, the United States accounted for the largest acute-on-chronic liver failure market size. Among EU5 countries, Germany, in 2017, had the largest market size with USD 17.93 million, while Italy had the smallest market size of USD 1.80 million.
This section focuses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs in the ACLF market or is expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017-2030. The analysis covers acute-on-chronic liver failure market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and sale of each drug.
It helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size. All of these will help investigate factors important in market uptake and make financial and regulatory decisions.
The ACLF market dynamics are anticipated to experience a major positive shift in the coming years due to the expected launch of new therapies. Major players, such as Grifols Therapeutics (Albutein 5%), Promethera Biosciences (HepaStem), RHEACELL (APZ2), Versantis AG (VS-01), Martin pharmaceuticals (Livantra) and others are involved in developing therapies for the disease.
Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates and analyses the key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities:
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisitions and mergers, licensing, patent details, and emerging therapies, concerning ACLF.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME's opinion working in the acute-on-chronic liver failure domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. It will support the clients in assessing potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We have performed the competitive and market Intelligence analysis of the Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure Market by using various competitive intelligence tools that include SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter's five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc.; the inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
- In the coming years, the acute-on-chronic liver failure market scenario is expected to experience a positive shift across the 7MM due to a robust pipeline.
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase II and Phase III), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure Report Insights:
- Patient Population
- Therapeutic Approaches
- Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure Pipeline Analysis
- Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure Market Size and Trends
- Market Opportunities
- Impact of upcoming Therapies
Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure Report Key Strengths:
- 11 years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Competitors
- Market Size by Therapies
- Drugs Uptake
Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure Report Assessment:
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Key Products and Key Players
- Market Drivers and Barriers
- What was the acute-on-chronic liver failure market share (%) distribution in 2017, and how it would look in 2030?
- What would be the acute-on-chronic liver failure total market size as well as market size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM, and which country will have the largest acute-on-chronic liver failure market size during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR, the acute-on-chronic liver failure market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the acute-on-chronic liver failure market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- What would be the acute-on-chronic liver failure market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
- How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
- What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of acute-on-chronic liver failure?
- What is the historical acute-on-chronic liver failure patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What would be the forecasted patient pool of acute-on-chronic liver failure in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
- What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM concerning the patient population pertaining to acute-on-chronic liver failure?
- Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest prevalent population of acute-on-chronic liver failure during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
- At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017-2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
- What are the current options for acute-on-chronic liver failure treatment, along with the approved therapy?
- What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of acute-on-chronic liver failure in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
- How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of acute-on-chronic liver failure?
- How many therapies are developed by each company for acute-on-chronic liver failure?
- How many are emerging therapies in mid-stage and late stage of development for acute-on-chronic liver failure?
- What are the key collaborations (Industry-Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the acute-on-chronic liver failure therapies?
- What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
- What are the clinical studies going on for acute-on-chronic liver failure and their status?
- What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for acute-on-chronic liver failure?
- What is the global historical and forecasted market of acute-on-chronic liver failure?
Reasons to buy:
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the acute-on-chronic liver failure market
- To understand the future market competition in the acute-on-chronic liver failure market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for acute-on-chronic liver failure in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the acute-on-chronic liver failure market
- To understand the future market competition in the acute-on-chronic liver failure market
Which geography accounted for the largest Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure market size?
The United States accounted for the largest acute-on-chronic liver failure market size.
What is the forecasted Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure size in 2030?
DelveInsight estimates an increase in acute-on-chronic liver failure market size during the study period, 2017-2030.
What are the present Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure market drivers?
Absence of curative and disease-specific treatment options, progress in the understanding of disease, innovative therapeutic approaches, impact on public policy and practitioners.
What are the Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure market barriers?
Lack of epidemiology data, variable precipitating events, need for standard diagnostic criteria, uncertainty related to cell-based therapies.
How many companies are developing drugs for Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure?
Currently, five key pharma players are developing the drug for acute-on-chronic liver failure.
Which are the leading companies in the acute-on-chronic liver failure market?
Key Players - Grifols Therapeutics, Promethera Biosciences, RHEACELL, Versantis AG, Martin Pharmaceuticals.
How is epidemiology segmented for Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure?
Epidemiology is segmented by cases of acute-on-chronic liver failure by Grades, organ failures associated with acute-on-chronic liver failure, and potential precipitating events of acute-on-chronic liver failure.
Table of Contents
1 Key Insights
2 Executive Summary of Acute on Chronic Liver Failure
3 SWOT Analysis of Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure
4 ACLF Epidemiology Overview at a Glance
- 4.1 Patient Share Distribution of ACLF in 2017
- 4.2 Patient Share Distribution of ACLF in 2030
5 ACLF Market Overview at a Glance
- 5.1 Market Share (%) Distribution of ACLF in 2017
- 5.2 Market Share (%) Distribution of ACLF in 2030
6 Disease Background and Overview
- 6.1 Introduction
- 6.2 Heterogeneity of definitions
- 6.3 Types of ACLF
- 6.4 Clinical characteristics and pathophysiology
- 6.5 Diagnosis of ACLF
- 6.6 ACLF Biomarkers
7 Country-wise Epidemiology of Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure (ACLF)
- 7.1 Assumptions and Rationale: 7MM
8 Epidemiology and Patient Population
- 8.1 Key Findings
- 8.2 United States
- 8.2.1 Cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in the United States
- 8.2.2 Cases of ACLF by Grades in the United States
- 8.2.3 Organ failures associated with ACLF in the United States
- 8.2.4 Potential precipitating events of ACLF in the United States
- 8.3 Germany
- 8.3.1 Cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in Germany
- 8.3.2 Cases of ACLF by Grades in Germany
- 8.3.3 Organ failures associated with ACLF in Germany
- 8.3.4 Potential precipitating events of ACLF in Germany
- 8.4 France
- 8.4.1 Cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in France
- 8.4.2 Cases of ACLF by Grades in France
- 8.4.3 Organ failures associated with ACLF in France
- 8.4.4 Potential precipitating events of ACLF in France
- 8.5 Italy
- 8.5.1 Cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in Italy
- 8.5.2 Cases of ACLF by Grades in Italy
- 8.5.3 Organ failures associated with ACLF in Italy
- 8.5.4 Potential precipitating events of ACLF in Italy
- 8.6 Spain
- 8.6.1 Cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in Spain
- 8.6.2 Cases of ACLF by Grades in Spain
- 8.6.3 Organ failures associated with ACLF in Spain
- 8.6.4 Potential precipitating events of ACLF in Spain
- 8.7 United Kingdom
- 8.7.1 Cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in the UK
- 8.7.2 Cases of ACLF by Grades in the UK
- 8.7.3 Organ failures associated with ACLF in the UK
- 8.7.4 Potential precipitating events of ACLF in the UK
- 8.8 Japan
- 8.8.1 Cases of Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF) in Japan
- 8.8.2 Cases of ACLF by Grades in Japan
- 8.8.3 Organ failures associated with ACLF in Japan
- 8.8.4 Potential precipitating events of ACLF in Japan
- 9.1 Guidelines
- 9.1.1 APASL
- 9.1.2 EASL Clinical Practice Guidelines for the management of patients with decompensated cirrhosis
- 9.2 Case Study
- 9.2.1 Acute-on-chronic liver failure vs. traditional acute decompensation of cirrhosis
- 9.3 Patient Journey
10 Unmet Needs
11 Emerging Therapies
- 11.1 Albutein (PE-A 5%): Grifols Therapeutics
- 11.1.1 Product Description
- 11.1.2 Clinical Development
- 11.2 HepaStem: Promethera Biosciences
- 11.2.1 Product Description
- 11.2.2 Other Developmental Activities
- 11.2.3 Clinical Development
- 11.2.4 Safety and Efficacy
12 Other Promising Candidates
- 12.1 APZ2: RHEACELL
- 12.1.1 Product Description
- 12.1.2 Clinical Development
- 12.2 VS-01: Versantis
- 12.2.1 Product Description
- 12.2.2 Other Developmental Activities
- 12.3 Livantra: Martin Pharmaceuticals
- 12.3.1 Product Description
- 12.3.2 Other developmental activities
- 12.3.3 Clinical Development
13 Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF): Seven Major Market Analysis
- 13.1 Key Findings
- 13.2 Market Size of Acute-on-chronic liver failure in the 7MM
- 13.3 Market Outlook: 7MM
14 Country-wise Market Analysis: Acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF)
- 14.1 United States
- 14.1.1 Total Market size of Acute-on-chronic liver failure
- 14.1.2 Acute-on-chronic liver failure Market Size by Therapies
- 14.2 EU5 Countries
- 15.3.1 Germany
- 14.1.1 France
- 14.1.2 Italy
- 14.1.3 Spain
- 14.1.4 United Kingdom
- 14.2 Japan
- 14.2.1 Total Market size of Acute-on-chronic liver failure
- 14.2.2 Acute-on-chronic liver failure Market Size by Therapies
15 Market Drivers
16 Market Barriers
18 DelveInsight Capabilities
20 About DelveInsight