The Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market size was valued at US$ XX billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ XX billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
An endoscopy is a procedure which is used in medicine to look inside the body.In this procedure an endoscope is used to examine the interior of a hollow organ or cavity of the body. Unlike other medical imaging techniques, endoscopes are inserted directly into the organ. Depending on the site in the body and type of procedure, an endoscopy may be performed either by a doctor or a surgeon.
The major factors driving the growth of endoscopy visualization market are the growing prevalence of obesity , rapidly aging population, technological advancements, and growing incidence of gastrointestinal diseases. The increasing advanced technology and increasing R&D interests in medical imaging techniques will also drive the market growth.
The growing prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases will drive the market
Endoscopy is a nonsurgical procedure which examines digestive tract of patient.
The rising prevalence of diseases including colorectal cancer, gastrointestinal disorders are expected to fuel the market's growth.For example,to screen for and prevent colorectal cancer,doctors use a type of endoscopy called a colonoscopy to screen for colorectal cancer. During a colonoscopy, doctor may remove growths called polyps. Without removal, it might develop into cancer.
In order to diagnose a disease or to find out the cause of symptoms,the type of endoscopy recommended by a doctor depends on the part of the body under examination.
The percentage of U.S. adults aged 50 to 75 years who were up-to-date with colorectal cancer screening increased 1.4 percentage points, from 67.4% in 2016 to 68.8% in 2018. This represents an additional 3.5 million adults screened for colorectal cancer. Colorectal cancer accounts for more than half of all the GI cancers and it was the leading cause of GI-related mortality (52,394 deaths). Around 6.9 million upper, 11.5 million lower, and 228,000 biliary endoscopies were performed in 2009. In the United States, estimations have been made that around 11 percent of the population suffer from a chronic digestive disease, with a prevalence rate of 35 percent for those who are 65 years and over.
R&D and increasing technological advancements in medical imaging techniques
As the technology continues to improve our television images with new high definition sets, endoscopic images are following the same path. New generation of endoscopes are being developed that utilize high definition imaging with stunning detail.
Along with a high definition picture, new techniques are being developed to enhance certain mucosal or vascular characteristics so that abnormal growths are visualized better. An example is a technology called Narrow Band Imaging (NBI) (Olympus America, Center Valley, PA). NBI makes use of a special filter to illuminate tissue with light at specific wavelengths that enhances underlying vasculature and produces the greatest contrast between the vessels and surrounding mucosa. This will help the physicians to see the margins of an abnormal growth better and will also assist them in determining which areas are suitable to biopsy. Fujinon Intelligent Color Enhancement (FICE; Fujinon, Inc. Wayne, NJ) and I-scan (Pentax Medical Montvale, NJ) are same technologies that make use of computer processing to enhance mucosal detail.
High-cost and regulatory approvals is expected to hamper the market over the forecast period
The high cost of innovatively propelled endoscopy systems is one of the real difficulties worldwide, especially in developing countries. Additionally, absence of access to essential surgical areas is also low. New materials may unite biocompatibility and hardware issues. Additionally, factors like the regulatory approval process and cut in healthcare spending withstand the necessary restraints for the endoscopy visualization system market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 pandemic halted all healthcare-related procedures all over the world. The pandemic led to the disruption of the sales of medical devices all over the world. According to a study published in PubMed that COVID-19 has drastically impacted endoscopy practice and procedure volumes. Since the onset of COVID-19, 71 % of gastroenterologists in New York reported no longer regularly performing endoscopy, and 62 % reported zero cases over the seven days preceding the survey. With the social distancing norms and no patients, screening programs and initiatives were interrupted or cancelled.
Endoscope equipments accounted for the largest share in the market
Rising adoption of minimally invasive endoscopic procedures, increasing technological advancements and use of disposable endoscopes. Endoscopes are minimally invasive and can be easily inserted into the body's openings, such as the mouth or anus. Endoscopies are quick and relatively safe procedures.Patients need to undergo a gastroscopy to rule out any gastrointestinal condition. Many hesitate to undergo this procedure since a thin, flexible tube is being pushed through the esophagus and stomach.To make the procedure much easier Ovesco Endoscopy AG has teamed up with other project partners in the nuEndo research project in order to develop a capsule endoscopy device which is tiny, easy to swallow and makes the test more comfortable for the patient. The capsule endoscope is made possible by technological advances in three areas. The first area relates to miniaturized, powerful camera systems, which only measure a few millimeters in size. The next area is related to new wireless technology enabling real-time transmission of camera images. The third aspect affects innovative sensor/actuator systems which allows intuitive control of the capsule inside the body.
Among the end user the hospital segment has dominated the market
Increased government and private funding and the growing preference among physicians and patients to perform endoscopic procedures in a hospital-based environment. As hospital facilities in many developed and developing countries are well equipped with the latest innovative technologies. And the highly skilled staff in these procedures and they provide all the necessary facilities to carry out such treatments. For a district general hospital serving population of 250,000, the workload entails to about 3500 procedures annually, performed during 10 half day routine sessions plus emergency work. High standards of training and experience are provided to the staff, who work in purpose to build accommodation designed to promote efficient and safe practice.
North America region dominates the endoscopy visualization systems market
Constantly increasing the number of gastrointestinal diseases and cancer and the rising favorable medical reimbursement scenario, the market will see a rise in the forecast with the advanced technological developments in this region.
According to data from the GI Quality Improvement Consortium Registry and national databases, an estimated 11.0 million colonoscopies, 6.1 million upper endoscopies, 313,000 flexible sigmoidoscopies, 178,400 upper endoscopic ultrasound examinations, and 169,500 endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography procedures were performed annually.10-Oct-2018
The major players in the endoscopic visualization systems market report are Olympus Corporation, PENTAX Medical, FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation, NDS Surgical Imaging, Novanta Company, Stryker, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, DePuy Synthes, Carl Zeiss AG, Richard Wolf GmbH, Boston Scientific Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Smith + Nephew, MEDIVATORS Inc., Maxer Endoscopy GmbH, Biovision Veterinary Endoscopy, LLC., Arthrex, Inc, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, MedicalTek Co., Ltd.,Solos Endoscopy.,Zhengzhou YKinspection Enterprise Co., Ltd., Chongqing Xishan Science & Technology Co., Ltd, Guangzhou Lety Medical Limited
Key Companies to Watch
Overview: PENTAX Medical is a division of HOYA Group. Its mission is to improve the standard of patient care and quality of healthcare delivery while providing the best endoscopic products and services focusing on QUALITY, SIMPLICITY AND CLINICALLY RELEVANT INNOVATION. Through leading-edge R&D and manufacturing, PENTAX Medical provides endoscopic imaging devices and solutions to the global medical community. Headquartered in Japan, PENTAX Medical has a worldwide focus and presence with R&D, service , regional sales,and in-country facilities around the globe.
Product Portfolio: The Company's portfolio comprises leading-edge optical technologies. PENTAX Medical is providing the most advanced clinically relevant endo-imaging solutions.
Key Development: On May 31, 2021, Tokyo, Japan and Changzhou, China - PENTAX Medical (a division of HOYA Group) and Jiangsu Vedkang Medical Science and Technology Co., Ltd (Vedkang) have announced the establishment of a joint venture- PENTAX Medical Therapeutics (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd. to develop single-use therapeutics products in the field of flexible medical endoscopy. This company will offer innovative single-use devices to global customers through the PENTAX Medical sales network strengthened by Vedkang's exceptionally reliable and quality-focused production and R & D infrastructure.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the endoscopy visualization systems market segmentation by Product Type and end user highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in endoscopy visualization systems market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of endoscopy visualization systems market - level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market report would provide an access to an approx. 53 market data table, 42 figures and 200 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - By Product Type
Wireless display monitors
Endoscopic light sources
Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Unit
Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - By Region
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Table of Contents
1. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Product Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by End User
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 188.8.131.52. The growing prevalence's of gastrointestinal diseases will drive the market
- 184.108.40.206. R&D and increasing technological advancements in imaging techniques
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 220.127.116.11. High-cost and regulatory approvals is expected to hamper the market over the forecast period
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Epidemiology Analysis
- 5.3. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.4. Pricing Analysis
- 5.5. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.6. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.7. Unmet Needs
6. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - By Product Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type Segment
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Product Type Segment
- 7.2. Endoscopy equipment*
- 7.2.1 Colonoscopes
- 7.2.2 Capsule Endoscopes
- 7.3.1.Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 7.4.Visualization equipment
- 7.4.1Wireless display monitors
- 7.4.2 Endoscopic light sources
- 7.5.Other equipments
8. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - By End User
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End User Segment
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End User Segment
- 8.2. Hospitals *
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 8.3. Clinics
- 8.4. Ambulatory Surgical Centers
9. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028, By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End User
- 9.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. U.S.
- 22.214.171.124. Canada
- 126.96.36.199. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End User
- 9.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Germany
- 184.108.40.206. U.K.
- 220.127.116.11. France
- 18.104.22.168. Italy
- 22.214.171.124. Spain
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End User
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil
- 184.108.40.206. Argentina
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End User
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. China
- 22.214.171.124. India
- 126.96.36.199. Japan
- 188.8.131.52. Australia
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End User
10. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Key Developments and Strategies
- 10.2. Company Share Analysis
- 10.3. Product Benchmarking
- 10.4. List of Key Companies to Watch
- 10.5. List of Company with disruptive technology
- 10.6. List of Start Up Companies
11. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market- Company Profiles
- 11.1. PENTAX Medical*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
- 11.3. Olympus Corporation
- 11.4. NDS Surgical Imaging
- 11.5. Novanta Company
- 11.6. Stryker, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG
- 11.7. MedicalTek Co., Ltd.
- 11.8. Zhengzhou YKinspection Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- 11.9. Chongqing Xishan Science & Technology Co., Ltd
- 11.10. Guangzhou Lety Medical Limited
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Endoscopy Visualization Systems Market - DataM
- 12.1. Appendix
- 12.2. About Us and Services
- 12.3. Contact Us