Corn steep liquid is a thick, yellowish brown liquid that is a by-product of the starch/ethanol business. Corn steep liquor is so termed because it is only possible to make steeping by a wet milling process. Steeping is a technique in which corn is absorbed in the steeping water for 40-48 hours by the soluble components of corn kernels. The steep waters are then extracted, which is termed steep corn liquor. The global corn steep liquor market valued USD XX million in 2020 and is estimated to reach USD XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX%
The corn liquor is used in a range of businesses. The main driving force for the expansion of the corn liqueur market is the constantly expanding consumption of meat and meat products leading to an increase of the livestock industry across the world. The cattle company has provided the feed industry with several chances, such as corn steep liquor. Corn steep liquor has always been accessible to an adequate extent as a byproduct of the starch business. But this particular feature of corn-steep liquor is much more crucial than ever now since animals have the highest feed conversion rate. Corn steep liquor is an effective and economical means of incorporating all the nutrients needed for animals. According to Statista, the world consumption of fertilizers in the year 2018 was 199.4 million tons
Although the market of fertilisers and feed additives remains saturated with chemical fertiliser and additives, maize-steeped liquor offers several advantages. The level of identification and insertion competing with conventional feed additives/fertilizers has not been achieved in corn steep spirit.
While the global trade came to halt during the lockdowns imposed to control the spread of novel coronavirus, the agricultural industry has been impacted by severe freight challenges. Since the supply and demand chain has been disrupted due to the pandemic, the industry has had a negative impact on its sales. Also, the labour which is required on the farm to help has reduced. This is due to the increased restrictions on the movement so as to control the spread of the novel coronavirus. Due to this, the corn steep liquor market has been negatively impacted.
Global Corn Steep Liquor (CSL) Market is segmented By Product into Liquefied CSL, Powdered CSL. Liquified CSL holds the dominant position in the market currently and also throughout the forecast period. Corn steep liquor has around 45-5% dry content in its liquid state, whereas powdered liquids have approximately 85-90% dry matter. The liquid form of steep maize liquor is preferred in the feed industry as it helps to act as a binding agent for pellets for animal feed. In organic farming, however, it is preferable that corn shape is powdered and steep because it has a low humidity content and high purity, and is simpler to handle.
By Application Global Corn Steep Liquor (CSL) Market is segmented into Animal Feed, Fermentation, Fertilizers, Others. The feed market remains the largest section on the maize high alcohol market by application, and this also by a significant margin. The prevalent use of feed additives, the desire for cheaper alternatives and organic animal farming promote the growing demand for this sector of maize steep liquor.
By geography, the global corn steep liquor market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa.
Corn steep liquor makers will have tremendous potential in the next few years. Organic fertilisers and animal feed are growing significantly throughout the globe, in particular in North America and Europe, which offers producers a tremendous market potential. Moreover, in emerging nations such as China, India and other Asian countries, manufacturers have possibilities to increase their markets. Furthermore, manufacturers have the chance to promote the use of steep corn in countries where agriculture and cattle are the main enterprises
The global market for corn-steep liquors is extremely fragmented, and key actors have utilised different tactics to grow their footprints in this market such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others. Gulshan Polyols ltd., Baolingbao Biology Co., Ltd., Sanstar Bio - Polymers Ltd., Gulshan Polyols ltd., Ltd, Worldwide Bio-chemical Technology Group Company Limited, Tereos are few of the leading rivals presently working on the global maize-stark liquor industry.
- The Association of American Feed Control Officials listed its steep corn liquor as a feeding component in cattle in February 2019. The goal of the company is to address problems by complying with the regulations on the manufacturing, sale, labelling and distribution of animal feed. By using laws, rules and collaborating with industry participants that produce that product, they promote the benefits and efficiencies of the goods
- In 2019, Archers Midland Company completed the acquisition of Neovia, creating a global leader in value-added products and solutions for both production and companion animals.
- The soluble part of the maize kernel, extracted during the steeping process and condensed into about 50% dry solids, is ADM Liquid Gold® (steepwater). It provides a great supply of amino acids, minerals, vitamins and organic acids while improving the palatability and conditioning of rations in ruminant foods.
Cargill was founded in 1865 in Iowa, United States. Cargill aims to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. The company tries to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive. The company uses new technologies and insights for food, agriculture, financial and industrial customers in more than 125 countries.
- Corn Gluten Meal
- Corn Gluten Feed
- Corn Steep Liquor
- In 2020, the total revenue by the company is USD 114.6 billion
- In 2021, Cargill acquired Proportion Foods.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the Corn Steep Liquor (CSL) Market products across each indication, regarding type and application, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify business opportunities in the Corn Steep Liquor (CSL) products market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Corn Steep Liquor (CSL) products levels 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the essential Corn Steep Liquor (CSL) products of all major market players.
- Raw Material Suppliers/ Buyers
- Product Suppliers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET METHODOLOGY AND SCOPE
- 1.1. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- 1.2. RESEARCH OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF THE REPORT
2. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - MARKET DEFINITION AND OVERVIEW
3. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 3.1. MARKET SNIPPET BY PRODUCT
- 3.2. MARKET SNIPPET BY APPLICATION
4. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1. MARKET IMPACTING FACTORS
- 4.2. DRIVERS
- 4.2.1. GROWING USE IN INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- 4.3. RESTRAINTS
- 4.3.1. INCREASING DEMAND FOR SYNTHETIC FERTILIZERS AND OTHER SUBSTITUTES
5. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
- 5.1. PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
6. Global Corn Steep Liquor Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Porter's five forces analysis
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
7. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - BY PRODUCT
- 7.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.1.1. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY PRODUCT SEGMENT
- 7.1.2. MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS INDEX, BY PRODUCT SEGMENT
- 7.2. LIQUEFIED CSL *
- 7.2.1. INTRODUCTION
- 7.2.2. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%)
- 7.3. POWDERED CSL
8. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - BY APPLICATION
- 8.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.1.1. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY APPLICATION SEGMENT
- 8.1.2. MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS INDEX, BY APPLICATION SEGMENT
- 8.2. ANIMAL FEED*
- 8.2.1. INTRODUCTION
- 8.2.2. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%)
- 8.3. FERMENTATION
- 8.4. FERTILIZERS
- 8.5. OTHERS
9. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - BY REGION
- 9.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.1.1. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY REGION
- 9.1.2. MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS INDEX, BY REGION
- 9.2. NORTH AMERICA
- 9.2.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.2.2. KEY REGION-SPECIFIC DYNAMICS
- 9.2.3. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY PRODUCT
- 9.2.4. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY APPLICATION
- 9.2.5. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY COUNTRY
- 188.8.131.52. THE U.S.
- 184.108.40.206. CANADA
- 220.127.116.11. MEXICO
- 9.3. EUROPE
- 9.3.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.3.2. KEY REGION-SPECIFIC DYNAMICS
- 9.3.3. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY PRODUCT
- 9.3.4. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY APPLICATION
- 9.3.5. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY COUNTRY
- 18.104.22.168. GERMANY
- 22.214.171.124. THE U.K.
- 126.96.36.199. FRANCE
- 188.8.131.52. ITALY
- 184.108.40.206. SPAIN
- 220.127.116.11. RUSSIA
- 18.104.22.168. REST OF EUROPE
- 9.4. SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.4.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.4.2. KEY REGION-SPECIFIC DYNAMICS
- 9.4.3. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY PRODUCT
- 9.4.4. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY APPLICATION
- 9.4.5. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY COUNTRY
- 22.214.171.124. BRAZIL
- 126.96.36.199. ARGENTINA
- 188.8.131.52. CHILE
- 184.108.40.206. COLOMBIA
- 220.127.116.11. REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
- 9.5. ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.5.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.5.2. KEY REGION-SPECIFIC DYNAMICS
- 9.5.3. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY PRODUCT
- 9.5.4. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY APPLICATION
- 9.5.5. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY COUNTRY
- 18.104.22.168. CHINA
- 22.214.171.124. JAPAN
- 126.96.36.199. SOUTH KOREA
- 188.8.131.52. INDIA
- 184.108.40.206. INDONESIA
- 220.127.116.11. AUSTRALIA
- 18.104.22.168. REST OF ASIA PACIFIC
- 9.6. THE MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
- 9.6.1. INTRODUCTION
- 9.6.2. KEY REGION-SPECIFIC DYNAMICS
- 9.6.3. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY PRODUCT
- 9.6.4. MARKET SIZE ANALYSIS, AND Y-O-Y GROWTH ANALYSIS (%), BY APPLICATION
10. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 10.1.1. COMPETITIVE SCENARIO
- 10.1.2. MARKET POSITIONING/SHARE ANALYSIS
- 10.1.3. MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS ANALYSIS
11. COMPANY PROFILES
- 11.1. CARGILL INC.*
- 11.1.1. COMPANY OVERVIEW
- 11.1.2. PRODUCT PORTFOLIO AND DESCRIPTION
- 11.1.3. KEY HIGHLIGHTS
- 11.1.4. FINANCIAL OVERVIEW
- 11.2. GLOBAL BIO-CHEM TECHNOLOGY GROUP CO. LTD.
- 11.3. ROQUETTE FRERES SA
- 11.4. TATE & LYLE PLC
- 11.5. TEREOS GROUP.
- 11.6. SANSTAR
- 11.7. INGREDION INCORPORATED
- 11.8. GULSHAN POLYOLS
- 11.9. JUCI CORN BIOTECHNOLOGY CO., LTD.
- 11.10. SIGMA-ALDRICH, INC
12. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - PREMIUM INSIGHTS
13. GLOBAL CORN STEEP LIQUOR (CSL) MARKET - DATAM
- 13.1. APPENDIX
- 13.2. ABOUT US AND SERVICES
- 13.3. CONTACT US