The global adrenocortical hormones API market size was valued at US$ YY million in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ YY million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of YY % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
The global adrenal cortex produces and releases steroid molecules known as adrenocortical hormones. Corticosteroids and androgens are two types of steroids produced by the adrenal cortex. The pituitary gland produces a hormone called adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH). Its primary purpose is to stimulate the generation and release of cortisol from the adrenal glands cortex (outer section).
The functions of adrenocortical hormones and the use of adrenocortical hormones API in different treatments are estimated to drive the adrenocortical hormones API market.
The functions of adrenocortical hormones are estimated to drive the adrenocortical hormones API market
The anterior pituitary glands corticotroph cells produce adrenocorticotropic hormone. It is secreted into the bloodstream in multiple intermittent pulses during the day and distributed throughout the body. Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) and angiotensin control the secretion of adrenocortical steroids and aldosterone, respectively. Corticosteroids affect glucose, protein, and lipid metabolism, fluid and electrolyte balance and the maintenance of normal cardiovascular, immunological, renal, endocrine, neurological, and musculoskeletal systems function. Both corticosteroids and androgens are produced in large quantities in the adrenal cortex. On the other hand, patients with adrenal insufficiency can be recovered to a normal life expectancy with corticosteroid replacement therapy alone.
The use of adrenocortical hormones in different treatments is estimated to drive the adrenocortical hormones API market
Children with intractable seizures who are resistant to standard antiepileptic medicines may benefit from ACTH therapy. However, more research is needed to determine ACTH's long-term efficacy in the treatment of intractable seizures. Epilepsy and epileptic syndromes are a diverse collection of disorders that affect children under the age of 13 and have a prevalence of 5.3- 8.8 per 1000. All conventional antiepileptic medications are resistant in 20 percent to 25 percent of epileptic individuals. A therapeutic failure of seizure independence in response to two well-tolerated and correctly chosen antiepileptic medications at moderate doses is classified as an intractable seizure.
The intractable seizure was defined as having a high frequency of seizures and a long period of uncontrolled epilepsy. Although corticosteroids and adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) is used to treat various epilepsies and epileptic syndromes, their usefulness in managing refractory seizures other than spasms has only been explored in a few trials. Other epilepsies, such as infantile spasm, can benefit from ACTH therapy. Children with various childhood epilepsy who may not respond to standard seizure medications may benefit from adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) treatment. ACTH is used to treat infantile spasms and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome, Landau-Kleffner syndrome, and sleep-related electrical status epilepticus. After treatment with ACTH, even the most difficult-to-manage epilepsy can notice an improvement in seizure control. The development of the youngster may also improve. It is long-acting when used in gel form (by injection). Therefore it can be administered once or twice a day. Parents are trained on how to administer the injection so that the kid can remain at home during therapy. Injections are typically given once a day for six weeks.
Limitations related to adrenocortical hormones is estimated to hamper the adrenocortical hormones API market
Irritability, increased hunger and weight gain, high blood pressure, low potassium in the blood, and high blood sugar are all possible side effects of ACTH. Once the ACTH is withdrawn, these side effects will go away. Other side effects are uncommon, although they are more significant. Infections, changes in mental status due to elevated blood pressure, and gastrointestinal bleeding are all examples. The severity of these side effects can be reduced if parents are educated to recognize early warning signs in their children. For the first week after starting treatment, a visiting nurse should check the child daily, then twice a week after that. Blood pressure should be tested on a regular basis.
According to a study, many "adrenal support" products advertised online as energy boosters may contain thyroid hormones and steroids not stated on the labels, which might have hazardous negative effects. The researchers acquired the 12 most popular dietary supplements for improving metabolism, promoting energy, relieving so-called adrenal exhaustion, or giving "adrenal support" were acquired by the researchers. The adrenal gland produces cortisol, which aids in metabolism and stress management, and aldosterone, which regulates blood pressure. The pills all contained thyroid hormone, and the majority of them had at least one steroid hormone, according to lab tests. Patients should be warned that supplements labelled as "natural," "organic," "herbal," or "plant-based" may not be completely safe.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 has affected the healthcare industry negatively. To stop its spread, government-imposed lockdown. People are fearful they may experience occupational effects and negative health from the COVID-19 pandemic. Like influenza viruses, SARS-CoV-2 causes viral amino acid expression that resembles molecules of the host's ACTH. Antibodies produced against viruses due to molecular similarity bind to viral amino acids and the host's ACTH. This binding inhibits the host's ACTH's ability to stimulate corticosteroid secretion in response to stress.
The SARS-CoV was discovered in the adrenal glands, indicating that the virus has a direct cytopathic effect. As a result, cortisol dynamics may be altered in SARS and COVID-19 patients. This has partially impacted the adrenocortical hormones API market
Glucocorticoid segment is estimated to dominate the adrenocortical hormones API market
Glucocorticoids are corticosteroid hormones that suppress the immune system and reduce inflammation. Unlike anabolic steroids (used by "bodybuilders"), Corticosteroids are utilised in inflammatory disorders to reduce inflammation. They have a quick beginning of action and have a significant impact on many aspects of the immune system as well as the majority of other body systems. Most kinds of vasculitis are treated with corticosteroids, which are frequently combined with other immunosuppressive drugs. Prednisolone is used to treat allergies, blood disorders, skin illnesses, infections, and certain malignancies and avoid organ rejection following a transplant. It aids in the reduction of inflammation. It also lowers your immune system's activity, which can help with autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, in which immune system targets its tissues. Prednisolone is only available as a pill and a liquid to consume on prescription. It can also be administered through injection; however, this is normally done in a hospital setting.
Strides Pharma Science Limited (Strides) saw its stock rise 3% after the US Food and Drug Administration approved Prednisone Tablets USP, 10 mg and 20 mg (USFDA).
The injectable drugs segment is expected to dominate the adrenocortical hormones API market
The difference in time is one of the key reasons people worldwide prefer to inject pharmaceuticals into their circulation rather than take them orally. Humans are, by nature, impatient creatures. It's pointless to deny that simple fact. They want things done fast and efficiently, whether it's waiting for a cup of coffee in a cafe, shopping for stuff online, or any other situation they might find themselves in. When it comes to drugs, nothing has changed. In a shorter period, the substance supplied takes effect. People in a society where drugs are used prefer injectables because the effects take only a few seconds to kick in. In contrast to the typical method of administration, which involves oral consumption, it takes a long time for the consumer to comprehend the results fully.
The only explanation for this occurrence is because injecting it directly into bloodstream only takes a fraction of a second before it reaches the brain, which is the master of entire body. Unlike when the substance is used orally, it will make a few stops along the way before arriving at its final destination. The act of physically inserting a needle into a vein is frequently perceived as a health threat by the general public. Taking into account how frequently this strategy is employed for recreational purposes by individuals. This is true especially when it comes to determining the proper dosage for people who have been prescribed certain medications. Health experts can easily manage the amount and concentration of medicine because the medium can be supplied using syringes.
North America region is estimated to dominate the global adrenocortical hormones API market
Increasing pharmaceutical investments and FDA approvals in this region is estimated to dominate the market
One of Canada's most inventive businesses is the pharmaceutical industry. It comprises companies that develop and manufacture novel medicines, generic pharmaceuticals, and over-the-counter medications.
In 2020, Isturisa (osilodrostat) oral tablets were approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for adults with Cushing's disease who cannot undergo pituitary gland surgery or have had surgery but still have the disease. Cushing's disease is an uncommon condition in which the adrenal glands produce excessive amounts of cortisol. Isturisa is the first FDA-approved medicine to directly target cortisol overproduction by inhibiting the enzyme 11-beta-hydroxylase and stopping cortisol manufacture.
The global adrenocortical hormones API market is moderatley competitive with drug approvals, company mergers and agreements.
Major key players in the global adrenocortical hormones API market are Pfizer CentreOne, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, Tianjin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd., Guangdong VTR Bio-Tech Co. Ltd, Guangdong VTR Bio-Tech Co. Ltd, Symbiotec Pharmalab, Sun Pharmaceutical, Cipla, Hovione, Shandong Xinhua Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Steroid SpA
- Overview: Sanofi is a worldwide life sciences company dedicated to enhancing healthcare access and supporting the people they serve across the healthcare continuum. Sanofi develops healthcare solutions in human vaccines, rare illnesses, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions, and consumer healthcare, from prevention to treatment. Sanofi employs almost 110,000 people committed to making a difference in patients' daily lives, no matter where they live, by enabling them to live a healthy life.
- Product Portfolio: The company comprises of Adacel Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine Absorbed, Adlyxin (lixisenatide injection), Admelog (insulin lispro injection) 100 Units/mL., Apidra (insulin glulisine injection) 100 Units/mL, Imogam Rabies-HT Rabies Immune Globulin (Human) USP, Heat Treated.
- Key Development: In 2021, Sanofi has entered into a definitive agreement with Translate Bio to acquire all outstanding shares of Translate Bio for $38.00 per share in cash, representing a total equity value of approximately $3.2 billion, as part of its efforts to accelerate the application of messenger RNA (mRNA) to develop therapeutics and vaccines (on a fully diluted basis). The deal was approved by the boards of directors of Sanofi and Translate Bio.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the global adrenocortical hormones API market segmentation by type and by route of administration, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global adrenocortical hormones API market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of global adrenocortical hormones API market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global adrenocortical hormones API market report would provide access to an approx. 53 market data table, 45 figures and 180 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - By Type
- Betamethasone Series
- Hydrocortisone Series
Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - By Route of Administration
- Injectable Drugs
- Oral Drugs
- For External Use Drugs
- Inhalation Drugs
Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - By Region
- North America
- South America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Table of Contents
1. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Route of Administration
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market -Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 220.127.116.11. The functions of adrenocortical hormones are estimated to drive the adrenocortical hormones API market
- 18.104.22.168. The use of adrenocortical hormones API in different treatments is estimated to drive the adrenocortical hormones API market
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 22.214.171.124. Limitations related to adrenocortical hormones is estimated to hamper the adrenocortical hormones API market
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.5. Unmet Needs
6. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type
- 7.2. Glucocorticoid*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2019-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 7.2.3. Prednisone
- 7.2.4. Dexamethasone
- 7.3. Betamethasone
- 7.4. Hydrocortisone
- 7.5. Mineralocorticoids
- 7.6. Others
8. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - By Route of Administration
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Route of Administration
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Route of Administration
- 8.2. Injectable Drugs*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2019-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 8.3. Oral Drugs
- 8.4. For External Use Drugs
- 8.5. Inhalation Drugs
9. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2019-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028, By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Route of Administration
- 9.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. U.S.
- 188.8.131.52. Canada
- 184.108.40.206. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Route of Administration
- 9.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. Germany
- 18.104.22.168. U.K.
- 22.214.171.124. France
- 126.96.36.199. Italy
- 188.8.131.52. Spain
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Route of Administration
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. Brazil
- 18.104.22.168. Argentina
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Route of Administration
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. China
- 188.8.131.52. India
- 184.108.40.206. Japan
- 220.127.116.11. Australia
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Route of Administration
10. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Key Developments and Strategies
- 10.2. Company Share Analysis
- 10.3. Product Benchmarking
11. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - Company Profiles
- 11.1. Sanofi*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Pfizer CentreOne
- 11.3. GlaxoSmithKline
- 11.4. Tianjin Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd.
- 11.5. Guangdong VTR Bio-Tech Co. Ltd
- 11.6. Symbiotec Pharmalab
- 11.7. Sun Pharmaceutical
- 11.8. Cipla
- 11.9. Hovione
- 11.10. Shandong Xinhua Pharmaceutical Company Limited (*LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE)
12. Global Adrenocortical Hormones API Market - DataM
- 12.1. Appendix
- 12.2. About Us and Services
- 12.3. Contact Us