The global diet and nutrition apps market size was worth US$ XX million in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2021-2028).
A diet and nutrition apps is a program that may be installed on various smart devices, including smartphones, computers and tablets. By giving engaging and innovative solutions to human problems, the health and fitness app has gone a step farther in bridging the gap mentioned above. The demand for diet and nutrition apps that focus on improving lifestyle through innovation increases.
By going a step forward, mobile apps for health and fitness have exceeded the lifestyle quotation. These applications also offer patients complete medical and healthcare solutions to help them enhance their health while keeping track of their daily development. Medical and healthcare apps provide solutions that improve human lives and, in some cases, save them.
All of this may be accomplished by integrating the operating system with the appropriate platform and framework. These apps can help users achieve healthy behavior changes by creating fitness goals, measuring calories consumed, gathering workout ideas and sharing their success on social media. These diet and nutrition applications can help users become more motivated by including gamification features and fostering competition among friends and family.
The increasing child endangerment cases associated with exposure to various pharmaceutical, chemical and similar products is a major market driver for the global child-resistant packaging market. Nevertheless, the higher price of the respective products compared to normal packaging products restricts the market growth of the respective market.
Growing health consciousness
The market is expected to increase due to rising interest in fitness and weight loss, rising prevalence of diseases such as diabetes and rising popularity of smart bands and watches. According to a study published by World Economic Forum in September 2020, global downloads of diet and nutrition applications climbed by 46% as individuals became more health-conscious and adopted a healthy lifestyle, such as eating healthy and organic food rather than junk food.
Furthermore, increased internet and smartphone usage, product development and public awareness are all offering potential for the industry to flourish. For instance, the rise in the number of persons participating in online fitness training. HealthifyMe, a health and nutrition app that offers live and interactive training sessions, will launch in June 2020.
High priced plans and concerns associated with data security
The market's growth may be hampered by paid app features and a significant security risk. The high price points of plans offered by nutrition and diet apps could hamper the market, limiting the number of users who prefer to join the respective app. Since in comparison to an actual lifestyle center or a gym, the services that an application could offer are limited. As a result, the high price could make customers go for real-life active solutions rather than virtual ones. For instance, the premium edition of MyFitnessPal, costs US$9.99 per month, while a fully-fledged gym membership costs only US$30.
Further, as diet and nutrition applications rely on cloud services, there is a greater risk of personal data loss, stifling industry growth. For instance, According to data from Emsisoft released to The New York Times, 205,280 organizations surrendered material compromised in a ransomware assault in 2019, up 41% from 2018. The threat of attacks is expected to grow and the expense of recovering from ransomware as hackers become more sophisticated.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted public awareness regarding health and sanitation, which revolutionized the fitness business and changed it in several ways integrating technological advancements. The emergence of diet, nutrition and fitness applications has been critical in bringing fitness into homes. The Daily Active Users' number increased by 24% from quarter one to quarter two of 2020, according to a World Economic Forum study released in September 2020. In addition, studios and gyms are increasing their online presence. Many people are investing in home exercise equipment. For example, Peloton, a workout equipment company based in the United States, expects revenues to triple by 2020.
The growth of a wealthier middle class has further resulted in a considerable increase in demand for fitness Platforms, particularly in the post-COVID-19 scenario. Many diet and nutrition apps have already employed artificial intelligence, machine learning and other technologies to provide personalized diets and exercise routines to their customers, personal health coaches, no-equipment fitness programming, tailored diet charts, diet monitoring and step tracking in one place.
For instance, my Fitness Pal (MFP) allows users to track their nutrition and activity individually. As a result, the market's growth potential has improved as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To recapitulate, the public awareness regarding sanitation and health spread due to the COVID-19 pandemic has revolutionized the diet, nutrition and fitness industry and helped develop the global diet and nutrition apps market.
The global diet and nutrition apps are segmented based on type, platform, device and region.
The global penetration of smartphones helps the segment to scale higher demand
The global health market is segmented into smartphones, tablets, and wearable devices based on devices. Smartphones dominate the device segment fueled by an increase in the global penetration of smartphone users. As per data, 65% of the world's population owned a smartphone in 2019 and by 2022, that percentage is predicted to climb to 75%. According to the Mobile Economy Survey, around 49% of the population utilized their mobile phones to access the internet. The growing use of the internet on smartphones assists in the market's growth.
The smartphone segment is closely followed by the wearable devices segment, which is predicted to grow rapidly throughout the forecast period. Wearables are getting increasingly popular as people become more health-conscious and lifestyle illnesses like diabetes and obesity rise. Additionally, wearable electronics have a long battery life, wireless connectivity and mobile phone integration, due to which they are gaining prevalence. Companies are introducing wearable gadgets that could assess and maintain health and wellness to utilize the market demand, thus driving the industry forward. For instance, in April 2020, Xiaomi, for example, unveiled a new fitness tracker in China.
North America holds the largest market share global diet and nutrition apps market
Among the regions, North America will dominate in terms of total sales due to increased health awareness and a high rate of fitness app use. The usage of fitness apps soared during the COVID-19 pandemic, with at least 74% of Americans utilizing one fitness app during the lockdown, according to a survey conducted by Frenetic, a provider of artificial intelligence-based fitness and lifestyle teaching. Furthermore, 60% of them aim to cancel their gym memberships.
The Asia-Pacific is predicted to be the most profitable regional market over the forecast period. Key factors driving the market in Asia-Pacific include rising smartphone penetration, increased health awareness and increased usage of fitness apps. Moreover, during the COVID-19 pandemic, the region saw a significant increase in fitness app downloads. According to a World Economic Forum survey, India's diet and nutrition apps downloads increased by 157%, resulting in an additional 58 million users. Downloads of diet and nutrition applications increased by 47% in Asia-Pacific.
The diet and nutrition apps market is moderately competitive with the presence of local as well as global companies. Some of the key players contributing to the market's growth include Under Armour, Inc., Leaf Group Ltd., NOOM, INC., Lifesum AB, Plankk, Azumio Inc., Fooducate LTD., FitOn Inc., FitNow, Inc. and MyNetDiary Inc. and among others. The major players are adopting several growth strategies such as product launches, acquisitions and collaborations, contributing to the growth of the diet and nutrition apps market globally.
For instance, in May 2020, Origin Pharma Packaging launched a piece of newly designed child-resistant jar packaging for the medicinal cannabis industry. The newly designed child-resistant jar supports the flower product, often prescribed as' buds' in certain European countries.
Overview: FitNow, Inc was founded in 2008 in response to a demand to make calorie counting easier. Its mission is to assist members in achieving a healthy weight by giving them the tools they need to succeed. The company has spent the last decade helping more than 40 million people lose more than 100 million pounds as one of the app store's first applications and an early calorie counting pioneer.
Product Portfolio: The company has a product portfolio that includes:
- Lose It: Lose It! has helped millions of people lose weight by using the tried-and-true method of calorie tracking and it is still working to help millions more. The app has a meaningful impact on its members, fast adjusting to user feedback along the way, using a customer-centric approach to product enhancements.
Many Lose It! features are free, demonstrating the company's belief that losing weight does not have to be difficult or costly. In addition to the free version, Lose It! also offers a Premium version that includes advanced macronutrient tracking, direct fitness device syncing and other features.
Key Development: In July 2019, FitNow, Inc has released a new software version for customers that integrates with Garmin devices. Through the Lose it app, a new option provides synchronization with Garmin devices for Garmin device owners. The latest version aided the corporation in attracting and expanding its consumer base of Garmin users.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the diet and nutrition apps market segmentation type, platform, device and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the diet and nutrition apps market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of diet and nutrition apps market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global diet and nutrition apps market report would provide access to an approx. 61 market data table, 57 figures and 180 pages.
Target Audience 2022
- Diet and Nutrition Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Platform
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Device
- 3.4. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 188.8.131.52. Growing health consciousness
- 184.108.40.206. XX
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 220.127.116.11. High priced plans and concerns associated with data security
- 18.104.22.168. XX
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of COVID-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid COVID-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type
- 7.2. Exercise & Weight Loss*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Activity Tracking
- 7.4. Others
8. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - By Platform
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Platform
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Platform
- 8.2. Android*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. iOS
- 8.4. Others
9. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - By Device
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Device
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Device
- 9.2. Smartphones*
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 9.3. Tablets
- 9.4. Wearable Devices
10. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - By Region
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 10.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 10.2. North America
- 10.2.1. Introduction
- 10.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.2.3. Introduction
- 10.2.4. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.2.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 10.2.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Platform
- 10.2.7. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Device
- 10.2.8. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.2.8.1. U.S.
- 10.2.8.2. Canada
- 10.2.8.3. Mexico
- 10.3. Europe
- 10.3.1. Introduction
- 10.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.3.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 10.3.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Platform
- 10.3.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Device
- 10.3.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.3.6.1. Germany
- 10.3.6.2. UK
- 10.3.6.3. France
- 10.3.6.4. Italy
- 10.3.6.5. Spain
- 10.3.6.6. Rest of Europe
- 10.4. South America
- 10.4.1. Introduction
- 10.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.4.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 10.4.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Platform
- 10.4.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Device
- 10.4.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.4.6.1. Brazil
- 10.4.6.2. Argentina
- 10.4.6.3. Rest of South America
- 10.5. Asia-Pacific
- 10.5.1. Introduction
- 10.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.5.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 10.5.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Platform
- 10.5.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Device
- 10.5.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.5.6.1. China
- 10.5.6.2. India
- 10.5.6.3. Japan
- 10.5.6.4. Australia
- 10.5.6.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 10.6. Middle East and Africa
- 10.6.1. Introduction
- 10.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.6.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 10.6.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Platform
- 10.6.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Device
11. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Competitive Scenario
- 11.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 11.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
12. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market- Company Profiles
- 12.1. FitNow, Inc*
- 12.1.1. Company Overview
- 12.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 12.1.3. Key Highlights
- 12.1.4. Financial Overview
- 12.2. Under Armour, Inc.
- 12.3. Leaf Group Ltd.
- 12.4. NO, INC.
- 12.5. Lifesum AB
- 12.6. Plankk
- 12.7. Azumio Inc.
- 12.8. Fooducate LTD.
- 12.9. FitOn Inc
- 12.10. MyNetDiary Inc.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
13. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - Premium Insights
14. Global Diet and Nutrition Apps Market - DataM
- 14.1. Appendix
- 14.2. About Us and Services
- 14.3. Contact Us