The Global Industrial Cooling System market size was worth US$ XX million in 2020 and is estimated to record significant growth by reaching up to US$ XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX% within the forecast period (2021-2028).
A cooling system aims to remove heat from a process or plant. Cooling systems come in various shapes and sizes and are employed in various industries. A systems approach is utilized to find potential savings and performance enhancements to maximize the efficiency of a cooling system.
The complete cooling system is examined, including the pumps, motors, fans, nozzles, fill, drift losses, evaporative losses, blowdown, makeup rate, chemicals, flow rates, temperatures, pressure drop and operation and maintenance methods. Cooling equipment keeps various components, production processes and machinery at the proper temperature. Preventing industrial equipment from overheating increases productivity and lowers maintenance costs.
Cooling systems are classified as air cooling systems and water cooling systems. The heat transferred to the engine's outside parts is radiated and carried away by a stream of air drawn from the atmosphere in the air cooling system.
The increasing concerns about global greenhouse gas emissions are expected to surge the demand for energy-efficient systems. The rise in the cooling system used in different industries such as automotive, chemical, metalworking, energy and power sectors is expected to boost the industrial cooling system market during the forecast period.
The increasing concerns about global greenhouse gas emissions are expected to surge the demand for energy-efficient systems
Industrial sources, such as manufacturing, food processing, mining and construction, account for about a quarter (23%) of U.S greenhouse gas emissions. Various processes produce direct emissions, including on-site combustion of fossil fuels for heat and power, non-energy usage of fossil fuels, and chemical processes used in manufacturing iron, steel, and cement.
In addition, the centrally generated electricity that the industry consumes emits indirect emissions. The industrial sector accounts for roughly a quarter of overall electricity sales in the U.S. Thus, According to a new analysis from the United Nations Environment Programme and the Global Energy Agency, switching to energy-efficient air conditioning appliances could save as much as 460 million metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions over the next four decades.
Furthermore, According to the Government of Canada, Canada's total GHG emissions in 2018 were 729 megatonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (MtCO2e). The oil and gas sector emitted 193 megatonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (Mt CO2 eq) in 2018, accounting for 26% of total emissions, closely followed by the transportation sector with 186 Mt CO2 eq (25 percent ).
Thus, the growing greenhouse emission triggers various industries to adopt an industrial cooling system to cut the growing emission percentage in recent times. Therefore growing shift towards adopting industrial cooling systems across the globe is expected to uplift the growing market for the product in the forecast period.
The rise in the cooling system used in different industries such as automotive, chemical, metalworking, energy and power sectors is expected to boost the industrial cooling system market during the forecast period.
The industrial cooling system is known to offer its services in various industries. Each industry follows a different application for the product, and growing demand for the product in different sectors has escalated the overall market growth.
For instance, many industrial applications rely on evaporative cooling towers to deliver a constant cooling water supply. An axial flow fan located on the top of the cooling tower draws ambient air upwards through the structure in a forced draft counter flow cooling tower. Furthermore, cooling towers play a major role in pharmaceutical industries as their performance relies on how efficiently and effectively the cooling water is used.
The majority of the processes in the pharmaceutical industry generate immense heat and require an appropriate cooling system. In addition, tower cooling is also important for food industries as it concerns the food industry; the cooling systems are used for pasteurization and sterilization processes. Many industries use cooling towers and heat exchangers in the food and beverage sector. Oil refineries, sugar industry, distilleries, cheese industries (during the buttermilk cooling process), wine industries and juice fruit industries utilize industrial cooling systems.
For instance, in December 2018, At the Global Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Exposition (AHR Expo), SPX Cooling Technologies, Inc., a full-line, a full-service industry provider in the design and manufacture of evaporative cooling towers and air-cooled heat exchangers, showcased its latest cooling towers and components and present 20-minute education sessions.
Regular maintenance and cleaning required by industrial cooling systems act as major hurdles for the growth of the product's market.
Cooling systems require regular cleaning, maintenance and scheduled overhauls to operate efficiently. It can range from routine maintenance (such as flushing) to repairs that necessitate removing the tube bundle from the heat exchanger shell for cleaning or even replacing whole cooling towers.
Regular maintenance is a major parameter required for the sizing of the industrial cooling system. Furthermore, a cooling system must be derated, or extra capacity should be provided by increasing heat transfer surface area and pumping capacity if cooling demand increases or is underestimated at installation.
Different cooling systems may operate at high temperatures and pressures or with hazardous fluids, necessitating appropriate operating procedures to prevent crew injury and system failure. Some cooling systems, such as cooling towers, have a limited BEP range and may perform less efficiently at higher and lower flow rates than their nominal flow rates.
Thus the mentioned disadvantages of industrial cooling systems are the challenges that hurdle the market's growth.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 has shown a tremendous impact on various industries' market growth, although the industrial cooling system has seen moderate effect due to the outbreak. Various industries were shut down for a limited period, and many sectors were working at the cost of fewer workers.
The prime reason behind the drop in industrial cooling systems is the drop in demand from consumers. Industries like Petrochemical Processing, Food Processing & Storage, Petroleum & Natural Gas Refining, textile are the prime industries in which overall demand for the product has registered a negative growth due to COVID-19.
However, behind the scenes, the cooling industry plays a crucial part in the fight against the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. It takes care of everything from maintaining the proper temperature to carefully transporting and storing medicines and keeping patients and caregivers safe and comfortable in both regular healthcare facilities and emergency hospitals set up in halls, parking lots and other public locations.
Thus, the pharmaceutical industry has seen a spike in the industrial cooling system market compared to other market end-users. The pandemic conditions are getting better in most countries, thus expected to uplift the overall market share for the product in the forecast period.
The global industrial cooling system market is segmented based on types, applications, end-user and region.
The associated benefits of Evaporative cooling systems such as maintaining good air quality, environmentally friendly and energy-efficient ventilation and cooling solution are triggering the market share for the segment.
The global industrial cooling system market based on product types is segmented into evaporative cooling systems, air cooling systems, hybrid cooling systems and water cooling systems. Out of the mentioned products, evaporative cooling systems are expected to dominate the global industrial cooling system market in the forecast period. It offers several benefits compared to other types of products available in the market.
Evaporative cooling systems use a fraction of traditional compressor-based cooling systems' energy. Evaporative cooling systems that are very efficient can save up to 70% on electricity (the actual savings depends on the type of evaporative system and climate). The devices significantly reduce peak demand in dry climates when evaporative cooling may satisfy the entire load. When evaporative cooling is combined with extra DX cooling, the amount of DX cooling required can be reduced.
Furthermore, because evaporative cooling systems use 100 percent outside air to cool, they can improve indoor air quality while lowering total running costs and energy usage. Thus the mentioned advantages of evaporative cooling systems in industrial applications are more likely to accelerate the market demand for the product in the forecast period.
North America is expected to hold a dominating market share for industrial cooling systems due to the growing demand for cooling systems from manufacturing facilities such as pharmaceutical, food and beverage, the chemical in the region
North America is expected to show significant market expansion for an industrial cooling system during the forecast period. In coal-fired power plants, cooling systems are critical. These recirculating systems condense water and repurpose it for the cooling process in plants that generate electricity.
The need for industrial cooling systems increases as more manufacturing units is established in industrialized countries. Furthermore, in North America, major firms are establishing research centers to acquire a competitive advantage.
For instance, Johnson Controls, a leading manufacturer of electronics and HVAC equipment, has announced intentions to build a 9,00,000-square-foot Center of Excellence in Oklahoma, in the U.S. South Central region, for the design, manufacture and testing of HVAC rooftop units.
For instance, Chemtreat, a Virginia-based company, offers top-class industrial water treatment companies globally. The company provides most chilled water systems that incorporate an open recirculating system with a cooling tower for condenser cooling. The company offers its service among various industries such as oil & gas, food, pharmaceutical, mining, etc.
Furthermore, In Europe, the automotive industry is expanding at a breakneck speed. The cooling systems market is being impacted by the growing demand for automotive engine cooling systems due to increased vehicle manufacturing. According to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, Europe produced 19.2 million vehicles in 2018, accounting for 20% of global output.
The industrial cooling system market is highly competitive with the presence of local and global companies. Some prime companies contributing to the market's growth are SPX Corporation, Hamon Group, Johnson Controls Inc., Airedale Global Air Conditioning Ltd., Black Box Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Rittal GmbH & Co. KG, American Power Conversion Corporation (APC), SPIG S.P.A., Paharpur Cooling Towers Limited, Baltimore Aircoil Company Inc., EVAPCO Inc. and others.
The major companies are adopting several growth strategies such as acquisitions, product launches and collaborations, contributing to the growth of the industrial cooling system market globally.
- For instance, on April 01, 2020, BASF Antwerp NV has granted a contract for more than $3 million to SPIG S.p.A., a subsidiary of Babcock & Wilcox Enterprises, Inc. (B&W), to design and supply two cooling towers for the company's plant in Belgium. BASF Antwerp NV is one of Europe's leading chemical, plastics and performance product makers and exporters.
Paharpur Cooling Towers Ltd
Overview: Paharpur is a Leading Indian cooling tower manufacturer, with over 45,000 cooling towers installed across multiple manufacturing plants. The cooling tower is found in both drying cooling systems. Paharpur also makes heat exchangers and air-cooled steam condensers. Paharpur, a family-owned business, exports its products to more than 50 nations. Its exports are estimated to be worth $300 million.
Product Portfolio: The Company has a product portfolio of industrial cooling systems that includes:
- Air-cooled Condenser: The DRH Steam Condenser is available with a range of finned tubes, each tailored to a specific application and environment. The company's skilled engineers help customers choose the best fin type for their specific needs, whether extruded, embedded, or wrap-on.
Paharpur tubes are finned utilizing modern finning machinery, ensuring a high-quality product that adds value to the system in which it is used. The product covers a wide application range in petroleum, power utility, steel, cement, sugar, chemical and gas-processing industrial sectors.
- For instance, on January 22, 2018, Paharpur Cooling Towers Ltd announced a definitive agreement with SPX Cooling Technologies Inc, a leading global supplier of large dry cooling systems, primarily for power plants, to acquire its dry cooling business for $48 million globally.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the industrial cooling system market segmentation by product type, application and end-user, highlighting key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the industrial cooling system market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of industrial cooling system market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global industrial cooling system market report would provide approximately 53 market data tables, 45 figures and 180 pages.
Target Audience 2022
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Emerging Companies
- Logistics companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Industrial Cooling System Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Product Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by End-User
- 3.4. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Industrial Cooling System Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 188.8.131.52. The increasing concerns about globally greenhouse gas emissions are expected to surge the demand for energy-efficient systems
- 184.108.40.206. The rise in usage of cooling systems in different industries such as automotive, chemical, metalworking, energy and power sectors is expected to boost the industrial cooling system market during the forecast period
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 220.127.116.11. Regular maintenance and cleaning required by industrial cooling systems act as a major hurdle for the growth of the product's market
- 18.104.22.168. XX
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of COVID-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid COVID-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - By Product Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Product Type
- 7.2. Evaporative Cooling systems *
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Air-Cooling systems
- 7.4. Hybrid Cooling Systems
- 7.5. Water Cooling Systems
8. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - By Application
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
- 8.2. Marine & Offshore Cooling Systems*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. Oil & Gas Cooling Systems
- 8.4. Rectifier Cooling Systems
- 8.5. Research/Medical Applications Cooling System
- 8.6. Others
9. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - By End-User
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End-User
- 9.2. Automotive*
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 9.3. Food & Beverage
- 9.4. Metalworking
- 9.5. Oil & Gas
- 9.6. Pharmaceutical
- 9.7. Pulp & Paper
- 9.8. Utility & Power
- 9.9. Others
10. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - By Region
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 10.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 10.2. North America
- 10.2.1. Introduction
- 10.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.2.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 10.2.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.2.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.2.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.2.6.1. U.S.
- 10.2.6.2. Canada
- 10.2.6.3. Mexico
- 10.3. Europe
- 10.3.1. Introduction
- 10.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.3.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 10.3.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.3.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.3.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.3.6.1. Germany
- 10.3.6.2. U.K
- 10.3.6.3. France
- 10.3.6.4. Italy
- 10.3.6.5. Russia
- 10.3.6.6. Rest of Europe
- 10.4. South America
- 10.4.1. Introduction
- 10.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.4.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 10.4.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.4.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.4.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.4.6.1. Brazil
- 10.4.6.2. Argentina
- 10.4.6.3. Rest of South America
- 10.5. Asia-Pacific
- 10.5.1. Introduction
- 10.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.5.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 10.5.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.5.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.5.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.5.6.1. China
- 10.5.6.2. India
- 10.5.6.3. Japan
- 10.5.6.4. Australia
- 10.5.6.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 10.6. Middle East and Africa
- 10.6.1. Introduction
- 10.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.6.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 10.6.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 10.6.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
11. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Competitive Scenario
- 11.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 11.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
12. Global Industrial Cooling System Market- Company Profiles
- 12.1. Paharpur Cooling Towers Limited*
- 12.1.1. Company Overview
- 12.1.2. Type Portfolio and Description
- 12.1.3. Key Highlights
- 12.1.4. Financial Overview
- 12.2. SPX Corporation
- 12.3. Hamon Group
- 12.4. Johnson Controls Inc
- 12.5. Airedale Global Air Conditioning Ltd
- 12.6. American Power Conversion Corporation (APC)
- 12.7. Black Box Corporation
- 12.8. Emerson Electric Co
- 12.9. Rittal GmbH & Co. KG
- 12.10. SPIG S.P.A
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
13. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - Premium Insights
14. Global Industrial Cooling System Market - DataM
- 14.1. Appendix
- 14.2. About Us and Services
- 14.3. Contact Us