The global polychlorotrifluoroethylene market size was worth US$ XX million in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2021-2028).
Fluoropolymers have a wide range of applications, ranging from aerospace and defense to construction. PCTFE is a thermoplastic chlorofluoropolymer widely used in various industries due to its superior properties. Thermoplastic materials are known to soften and melt when heated (become more pliable and plastic). Various methods such as extrusion, injection molding and thermoforming can shape Thermo coating in their melted state.
Polychlorotrifluoroethylene is a transparent, thermoplastic fluorocarbon made by polymerizing the chemical. It is resistant to chemicals, heat and moisture, weathering, and other environmental factors. The optically clear polymer has a high impact strength and a high level of imperviousness. For corrosion control and contamination prevention, PCTFE is used as a chemi-barrier.
As a result, PCTFE films can be laminated or metalized, heat-sealed and printed. The Aclar barrier film is used as one of the layers due to its excellent vapor barrier properties. To make PCTFE look like glass, the material can be supplied in thin transparent sheets with a very low crystallinity structure, which can be widely used as a sighting aid.
Polychlorotrifluoroethylene's properties over its competitors, such as improved moisture protection and temperature resistance, are expected to drive demand across end-use industries. The increasing use of PCTFE in the aerospace industry to make valve seats, plugs, diaphragms, and impellers is expected to be a key growth driver for the PCTFE market. Polychlorotrifluoroethylene resins are in high demand for the production of moisture barrier coatings, which are increasingly used in drug manufacturing, and thus its use is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Ongoing growth in industrial applications is expected to drive demand for PCTFE products.
The extensive library of applications associated with PCTFE can be attributed to two key properties: chemical stability and water repulsion. PCTFE can be used as a moisture barrier, a coating and a prefabricated liner for chemical applications and for laminating other polymers, among other things.
The growing demand for PCTFE in industrial applications such as chemical processing, consumer appliances, automotive and transportation, aerospace, electronics, industrial applications, building, construction and wire and cable industries is propelling its global market growth. The increasing use of PCTFE in the aerospace industry to make valve seats, plugs, diaphragms and impellers is expected to be a key growth driver for the PCTFE market.
Polychlorotrifluoroethylene resins are in high demand to produce moisture barrier coatings, which are increasingly used in drug manufacturing. Thus its use is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Superior Properties of PCTFE are a major driver in the market's growth
PCTFE provides a one-of-a-kind combination of mechanical, chemical and electrical properties not found in any other Wires & Tubes thermoplastic. Compared to PTFE, the chlorine atom in the polymer structure reduces crystallinity, lowers the melting point and provides stronger intermolecular interaction, resulting in higher tensile strength, higher creep resistance and less water vapor and gas permeability.
However, its chemical resistance and electrical properties are not as good as PTFE's, but they are still better than most other Thermo coating. Because of its excellent water vapor barrier properties and good chemical stability, PCTFE is primarily used as a moisture protective film or coating in pharmaceutical blister packaging. Chemical resistant tubes, valves, tank liners, O-rings, seals and gaskets are other applications.
Low costs alternatives will limit the expansion of the PCTFE market
Due to wide range of applications in various industries, as well as their special chemical and physical properties, low-cost PCTFE substitutes such as polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), chlorotrifluoroethylene (CTFE) and ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE) is likely to hinder the growth of the PCTFE market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
In comparison to other markets, the impact of COVID 19 on the PCTFE market was minimal. It was due to its use in critical industries such as aerospace and healthcare. Other than minor shutdowns of production and sales operations across countries, there was no direct impact on demand or supply. Other macroeconomic factors influencing the overall environment, on the other hand, played a significant role in the minor downsizing of market growth during the forecast period.
By end-user, the global polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) market is segmented into pharmaceuticals, electrical & electronics, aerospace and others.
The exceptional mechanical properties of polychlorotrifluoroethylene raise its demand in electrical & electronics
The good electrical characteristics make polychlorotrifluoroethylene a popular semiconductor material. It has exceptional mechanical properties, notably in terms of hardness and chemical resistance. It can work in the most extreme temperature settings and the most extreme environments.
In addition to being non-flammable, polychlorotrifluoroethylene offers a high degree of optical clarity, chemical resistance and moisture absorption of almost zero. When chilled, it becomes translucent, stretchy and lightweight. PCTFE films are employed in electroluminescent lamps as a water-vapor barrier to protect phosphor coatings.
High demand from electronics in Asia-Pacific depicts an extraordinary growth in the global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE)
The Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the polychlorotrifluoroethylene market during the forecast period, owing to the region's high demand from various end-users. Thus, rising demand from various industries coupled with government support is expected to drive the market studied in the region during the forecast period.
Significant investments in R&D targeted at generating improved efficiency and performance have sparked industry expansion in aircraft, electronics and pharmaceuticals. The Chinese government's heavy investment in medicine manufacture to meet the country's growing demand is likely to drive the industry's expansion.
To meet the growing customer demand and capture a larger share of the market, several industry actors are expected to undertake tactics to increase production capacity. A lack of suppliers in the PCTFE business also decreases purchasers' bargaining power, resulting in a decreased degree of flexibility regarding pricing.
Key players operating in the global market for Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) include Daikin Industries Ltd., Honeywell Global Inc., The 3M Company, DuPont, Solvay SA, SAP SE, Arkema, Welch Fluocarbon Inc., Aft Fluortec Ltd. and DuPont.
In order to meet the growing demand, companies such as Daikin Industries, Arkema and E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company have expanded their production capacities. Honeywell Global Inc. is another company that has expanded its production capacity to suit the growing demand. The largest provider of polychlorotrifluoroethylene globally is Daikin Industries, Ltd. As a producer of PCTFE films, wires and tubes and coatings, the company's operations are integrated throughout the whole value chain.
Daikin Industries Ltd.
Overview: Producing chemical fiber since 1994, the company was the first foreign-funded company to set up shop in Xiamen's HaiCang Investment Zone, occupying 60 hectares (about 600 thousand square meters) of land. As part of its integrated management system, XLF has implemented ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 compliance standards. Environmental certification OEKO-TEX100 and Global Recycled Standard were awarded to our products.
Product Portfolio: Chip, POY and differentiated yarns such as composite elastic, fire-resistant, anti-microbial, heat-storage and recyclable make up 40% of our total production.
Key Development: Daikin Industries, Ltd., acquired Heroflon S.p.A., an Italian manufacturer of fluoropolymer compounds. Daikin will obtain all company shares owned by the Heroflon Executive Officers, with acquisition finalized in October 2017 after completing all necessary procedures. Heroflon is a compound manufacturer that produces high-performance fluoropolymers by combining various materials.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) segmentation by end-user, application and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) - level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) report would provide access to an approx. 52 market data tables, 44 figures and 180 pages.
- Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Industry Players
- Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Buyers
- Emerging Companies
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
Table of Contents
1. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by End-User
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 18.104.22.168. Ongoing growth in industrial applications is expected to drive demand for PCTFE products
- 22.214.171.124. Superior properties of PCTFE is a major driver in the growth of the market
- 4.2. Restraints
- 126.96.36.199. Low costs alternatives will limit the expansion of the PCTFE market
- 188.8.131.52. XX
- 4.2.2. Opportunity
- 4.2.3. Impact Analysis
5. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of COVID-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid COVID-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - By End-User
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End-User
- 7.2. Pharmaceuticals*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Electrical & Electronics
- 7.4. Aerospace
- 7.5. Others
8. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - By Application
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
- 8.2. Films*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. Wires & Tubes
- 8.4. Coatings
- 8.5. Others
9. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.2.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. U.S.
- 220.127.116.11. Canada
- 18.104.22.168. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.3.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. Germany
- 126.96.36.199. UK
- 188.8.131.52. France
- 184.108.40.206. Italy
- 220.127.116.11. Spain
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. Brazil
- 126.96.36.199. Argentina
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. China
- 220.127.116.11. India
- 18.104.22.168. Japan
- 22.214.171.124. Australia
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
10. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - Company Profiles
- 11.1. Daikin Industries Ltd.
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Honeywell Global Inc.
- 11.3. The 3M Company
- 11.4. DuPont
- 11.5. Solvay SA
- 11.6. Akzonobel
- 11.7. Arkema
- 11.8. Welch Fluocarbon Inc.
- 11.9. Aft Fluortec Ltd.
- 11.10. Gapi Limited
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE) Market - DataM
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us