The global specialty nitrile butadiene rubber market size was worth US$ XX million in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2021-2028).
As Buna-N, Perbunan, or simply NBR, Nitrile Butadiene Rubber is a petroleum-based synthetic rubber that is oil resistant. It rubber material is widely used for compatibility with most situations and inexpensive cost. It is a rubber alternative made from butadiene and acrylonitrile copolymer. It includes mineral oil, organic fats and oils and greases and fluids used to maintain and repair vehicles and equipment, among other things. Some of the most common uses include technical rubber products for automobiles and industry.
When it comes to versatility, Nitrile rubber is unbeatable. NBR manufacturers can make unique NBR goods because they can adjust the features of nitrile Buna-N rubber by changing the proportion of acrylonitrile. That means it could be heat-resistant or abrasion-resistant. It could also be more flexible. A few fast-curing NBR rubbers preserve the polymer's well-known exceptional oil resistance while being tailored to optimize molding applications, in this case, to prevent mold fouling. In addition to food and potable water applications, the resulting NBR products can also be used to make molded rubber parts such as seals, hoses, or membranes.
The increasing importance of materials with high strength and abrasion resistance in the automotive, marine, and aviation sectors is expected to drive demand for specialty NBR products in the coming years. End-use industry growth, fueled by a steady recovery from the economic slowdown, is expected to drive demand for specialty NBR over the forecast period. Electric vehicles are expected to drive demand for specialty NBR over the forecast period due to their high demand.
Growing applications of specialty nitrile butadiene rubber are expected to boost the market.
The market's growth possibilities have been enhanced by its geographic reach and the expanding use of specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) in numerous industries. Applications with strong mechanical qualities and oil and fuel resistance require nitrile rubber. Blending NBR with other rubbers is an option. Increasing IIR (infinite impulse response) enhances weather characteristics and thermal stability, reducing NBR's gas permeability.
Automobile & transportation companies use NBR for tires and other purposes. Different weather and surface conditions must be accommodated while maintaining the strict safety standards of various countries. Demand for tires that give a smoother, more comfortable ride with higher fuel efficiency has forced manufacturers to utilize NBR.
Specialty nitrile butadiene rubber to benefit from the increasing preference for electric vehicles.
As the automobile industry transitions away from traditional powertrain cars to electric vehicles, the specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) market is expected to grow rapidly. As environmental pollution from gasoline and diesel-powered vehicles become more of an issue, the production of electric vehicles is likely to increase in the next five years. Demand for the market examined is expected to increase during this period. Global sales of electric vehicles are estimated to exceed 125 million by 2030, according to the IEA's New Policies Scenario.
A further boost to the specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) market is the growing demand for electric vehicles, which require more rubber compounds. The specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) market has more profitable growth potential because of these reasons and the increasing investments to boost the NBR market.
Challenges in natural rubber cultivation and variable raw material prices are two of the biggest obstacles that will limit the expansion of the specialty nitrile butadiene rubber market.
Despite this, nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) faces many obstacles, including natural rubber cultivation and fluctuating raw material prices. There are also anticipated more challenges to expanding the market for specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) due to restrictions on phthalates in formulations and other environmental laws linked to rubber manufacture.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
To combat the unique coronavirus, businesses have been forced to close temporarily, development has been halted, social isolation has persisted and other measures have been adopted that have affected every part of life. The disruption in the global supply chain, coupled with a decrease in demand from various end-user industries, has negatively impacted the demand for specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR).
The global automotive industry witnessed a decline in sales in 2020, approximately 78 million units, much below 90.4 million units sold in 2019. Additionally, due to work stoppages and labor shortages, reduced demand from the construction industry has impacted the demand for specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR).
By type, the specialty nitrile butadiene rubber market is segmented into carboxylated NBR, bimodal NBR and liquid NBR.
The carboxylated NBR's use in industrial applications makes it the dominant segment
There are three types of NBR products available in the specialty market: carboxylated, bimodal and liquid NBC. The carboxylated segment is expected to increase rapidly due to the product's widespread use in heavy industries and quick technical advancements in industrial applications. In the automobile industry, carboxylated NBR is projected to be used to produce protective films and sound dampening materials.
On account of China's growing affluence and population, the segment's growth is predicted to be fueled by the strong demand for passenger vehicles. Over 10 - 25 percent in cost savings over Europe and North America is projected to boost the product's market demand during the forecast period. In addition, a rapidly expanding food processing industry is expected to drive product demand in the future.
Asia-Pacific to depict an extraordinary growth owing to rising use of adhesives and pharmaceutical industry
Specialty nitrile butadiene rubbers' largest and fastest-growing market is in Asia-Pacific. It is expected that the market will rise due to factors such as the growing use of adhesives and pharmaceuticals. Because of its strong resistance to oil, heat, ozone, chemicals, specialized nitrile butadiene rubber has a secure position in the automotive, adhesives and electronics industries.
In terms of electrical and electronics manufacturing, the Asia-Pacific area is considered to be the world's hub. Manufacturers of electronic components in the region are mostly located in China, India and Japan.
The durability makes it a popular material for gloves in chemistry laboratories to guard against chemicals and tight rules governing industrial protective gear have fueled the demand for gloves, boosting market expansion. There are a lot of sectors in Asia-Pacific that use and produce protective gloves. These industries include healthcare and manufacturing and food and beverage, construction and transportation.
A few firms control most of the market for specialty nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) globally, suggesting that the market will be oligopolistic. JSR Corporation, Zeon Corporation and LANXESS AG are top participants in the specialized nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) industry. No new players are entering and innovation is not occurring regularly. Leading businesses carry out organic and inorganic activities.
Key players operating in the global market for specialty nitrile butadiene rubber include Zeon Corporation, JSR Corporation, LANXESS AG, ARLANXEO, Kumho Petrochemical, SAP SE, Ascend Performance Materials, INEOS Group, AlzChem Group AG and Zeon Chemicals L.P.
Overview: Japanese reconstruction had just been finished in 1957 and an era of rapid economic expansion had just begun. Products derived from petrochemicals were crucial to the industrialization process. Due to a national program to establish Japan as a leader in synthetic rubber manufacture, JSR Corporation was founded. JSR became a statutory company in 1957. JSR's plant in Yokkaichi, Mie Prefecture, began producing styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) in April 1960.
In addition to tires and home electronics, JSR Group's materials are employed to produce microchips and display panels.
Product Portfolio: The company supplies high-quality products, including synthetic rubbers, thermoplastic elastomers and emulsions derived from technologies based on the polymerization of our synthetic rubbers and plastics. It provides nitrile butadiene rubber for automotive and industrial applications.
Key Developments: JSR Corporation has announced the sale of its elastomers business to Eneos Corp. The deal here will be completed on April 1, 2022, and will be valued at 115 million yen.
Why Purchase the Report?
Visualize the composition of the specialty nitrile butadiene rubber segmentation by type, application and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
Identify commercial opportunities in specialty nitrile butadiene rubber by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of specialty nitrile butadiene rubber - level 4/5 segmentation.
PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global specialty nitrile butadiene rubber report would provide access to an approx. 52 market data table, 45 figures and 180 pages
Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Manufacturers And Suppliers
Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Industry Players
Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Buyers
Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
Education & Research Institutes
Table of Contents
1. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 18.104.22.168. Growing applications of specialty nitrile butadiene rubber
- 22.214.171.124. Specialty nitrile butadiene rubber to benefit from the increasing preference for electric vehicles.
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 126.96.36.199. Challenges in natural rubber cultivation and variable raw material prices.
- 188.8.131.52. XX
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of COVID-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid COVID-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type
- 7.2. Carboxylated NBR
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Bimodal NBR
- 7.4. Liquid NBR
8. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - By Application
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
- 8.2. Automotive
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. Aviation
- 8.4. Printing
- 8.5. Textile
- 8.6. Chemical
- 8.7. Others
9. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. U.S.
- 220.127.116.11. Canada
- 18.104.22.168. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. Germany
- 126.96.36.199. UK
- 188.8.131.52. France
- 184.108.40.206. Italy
- 220.127.116.11. Spain
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. Brazil
- 126.96.36.199. Argentina
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia-Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. China
- 220.127.116.11. India
- 18.104.22.168. Japan
- 22.214.171.124. Australia
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
10. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - Company Profiles
- 11.1. Zeon Corporation
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. JSR Corporation
- 11.3. LANXESS AG
- 11.4. ARLANXEO
- 11.5. Kumho Petrochemical
- 11.6. LG Chem
- 11.7. Ascend Performance Materials
- 11.8. INEOS Group
- 11.9. AlzChem Group AG
- 11.10. Zeon Chemicals L.P.(*LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE)
12. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Specialty Nitrile Butadiene Rubber Market - DataM
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us