The global transport cases and boxes market size was worth US$ XX million in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ XX million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2021-2028).
The environment of transport cases and boxes is changing dramatically. Growing emphasis on meticulous storage due to the increasing pace of multi-layered activities across key end-use industries is poised to fundamentally alter logistical requirements, allowing the global transportation sector to expand.
Furthermore, as logistics organizations seek sustainable alternatives, manufacturers are pushed to create ground-breaking packaging solutions that incorporate environmentally safe and biodegradable raw materials. Plastic packaging is becoming increasingly popular, prompting producers to implement various tactics to stay up with changing market conditions.
The global transport cases and boxes market is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. The utility generated by transport cases and boxes across key industries has increased the total sales volume in this market. Because of the multi-layered operations taking place across key application areas, there is a growing emphasis on meticulous storage across leading industries. Widening trade margins have sparked the growth of extremely durable packaging and logistics sectors in key locations, allowing for the introduction of transport cases and boxes.
The market is predicted to rise due to the opportunities abound in the maritime industry
Thanks to rising global trade volumes, the global shipping business is growing at a breakneck pace. According to the Global Chamber of Shipping, ships deliver almost 11 million tons of cargo each year. The global yearly maritime commerce was over US$ 14 trillion in 2019, with crude oil, iron ore and grain being the most important commodities.
Long-term prospects appear to be bright as countries reopen maritime borders following the resumption of economic activity following the lockdown. Countries like India, for example, had a 31% growth in tonnage in Q3 2020, according to shipping major Maersk. As a result, transport case providers see new prospects in the region.
The increasing awareness about environmental sustainability is expected to fuel the growth of transport cases and boxes market
The transport cases and boxes business, like other packaging domains, is significantly influenced by growing environmental sustainability concerns. According to a report released jointly by the World Economic Forum and the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, the global packaging industry accounts for roughly 33% of total plastics usage. Only 14% of that is recycled.
According to the survey, the problem is being exacerbated by rising e-commerce volumes, growing at nearly a fifth of the overall growth rate. By 2050, it is estimated that the world will be covered in 12 million tons of plastic garbage, leading packaging producers to seek out sustainable alternatives.
The concern for waste disposal is expected to hinder market growth
Despite significant excursions towards sustainable packaging, the transport cases and boxes landscape is plagued with problems about correct disposal since most producers continue to rely on plastic materials because they are easy to get and have lower costs. The negative consequences of wasted plastics are well-documented.
Most plastic transport cases are made using chlorinated derivatives, which leak dangerous chemicals into the environment. These eventually leach into the ecosystem's groundwater and other water sources, causing toxicity to reach dangerously high levels. Such issues are projected to stifle market expansion in the future years.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The global impact of the coronavirus illness 2019 (COVID-19) is already being felt, and the transport cases and boxes market will be significantly impacted in 2020. The global health and economic crisis caused by the coronavirus pandemic, on the other hand, has upended the maritime transport landscape, resulting in a 4.1 percent contraction by 2020, according to UNCTAD. The decline has temporarily hampered the expansion of transport cases and boxes.
On the other hand, long-term prospects appear to be very promising, as countries reopen maritime borders following the resumption of trading activities in the post-lockdown period. Maersk, for example, reported that countries such as India saw a 31% increase in volume in the third quarter of 2020. As a result, transportation case providers are finding new investment opportunities in the region.
The end-user segment the transport cases and boxes market into military equipment, chemicals, biotechnology, and others.
The rise in military industry's paying capacity and national security concerns makes military equipment the dominant segment
In recent years, the military has been a significant user of transport boxes and cases. It is an important factor to consider for new companies intending to enter the market for shipping boxes and cases. The military industry's high-paying capacity represents the entrance of new revenue into the market.
More than any other end-use industry, the military domain promises to create significant expansion potential. Demand for defense equipment has increased due to the increased focus on military infrastructure development due to national security concerns.
Significant growth potential exists in emerging markets, particularly in nations like China and India, which are among the top spenders on advanced military and defense equipment to protect their borders from external attack. As a result, manufacturers have a huge opportunity to expand in this market.
Rise in demand for transport cases and boxes in healthcare industry of the region drives the market growth
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the dominant global transport cases and boxes market due to thriving healthcare industry; India has enormous growth potential for transport cases and boxes. According to the India Brand Equity Foundation, India's healthcare business is estimated to be worth US$ 372 million by 2022, with healthcare tourism growing at an annual rate of 18 percent. In recent years, the country has become a focal point for increased capital investment in advanced diagnostic facilities, resulting in greater technological progress.
According to ChinaPower, China exported over US$ 2.5 trillion worth of commodities in 2018 while importing US$ 2.13 trillion. As a result, the company's shipping business has seen a huge increase. The government has provided substantial stimulus in the form of direct subsidies and state investment to aid further development. The shipping business's ever-expanding breadth allows well-known transport container manufacturers to enter the market.
The global transport cases and boxes market is highly consolidated. Key players operating in the global market for transport cases and boxes include Pelican Products Inc SKB Corporation, Inc GT Line Srl, C.H. Ellis Company, Inc Plasticase Inc Gator Cases Inc Cases By Source, Inc FAWIC PACKAGING SYSTEMS, Willard Packaging Co. and Case Technology Inc.
Pelican Products Inc.:
Overview: The company was established in 1976, which is engaged in designing and manufacturing high-performance protective cases, temperature-controlled packaging and smart portable lighting solutions. Over the years, Pelican has developed products for police officers, firefighters, military personnel, photographers and others who have relied on Pelican products to protect their equipment and lives.
Pelican has developed into a global organization with six production facilities, 23 global sales offices, various advanced case centers, network stations, and service centers globally. It is headquartered in Torrance and has 200,000 square feet of manufacturing and administrative space.
Product Portfolio: Pelican Products Inc. delivers high-performance protective enclosures, temperature-controlled packaging and innovative portable lighting systems design and manufacture.
Key Developments: With the launch of the PelicanTM Air 1646 Case, the largest case in the PelicanTM Air Case range, Pelican Products, Inc. (Pelican), set a new milestone for the segment in 2021. The PelicanTM Air 1646 Case has more than 6,800 cubic inches of usable capacity and is designed in a long/deep form factor, making it ideal for storing longer and deeper equipment.
The new bag has plenty of space for sensitive and pricey items like cinema-grade cameras and military gear. Videographers will love the depth of the container, which allows them to store cameras upright for better space utilization. With the arrival of this new PelicanTM Air case, the series now has 16 different sizes.
Why Purchase the Report?
Visualize the composition of the transport cases and boxes segmentation by material, carrying capacity, end-user and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
Identify commercial opportunities in transport cases and boxes by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of transport cases and boxes - level 4/5 segmentation.
PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global transport cases and boxes report would provide an access to an approx. 59 market data table, 56 figures and 180 pages
Raw Material Providers
Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
Education & Research Institutes
Transport Cases And Boxes Manufacturers
Table of Contents
1. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Material
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Carrying Capacity
- 3.3. Market Snippet by End-User
- 3.4. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market-Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 184.108.40.206. The opportunities abound in the marine industry
- 220.127.116.11. The increasing awareness about environmental sustainability
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 18.104.22.168. The growing concern of waste disposal
- 22.214.171.124. XX
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of COVID-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid COVID-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - By Material
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Material
- 7.2. Plastic*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. Metal
- 7.4. Leather
- 7.5. Others
8. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - By Carrying Capacity
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Carrying Capacity
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Carrying Capacity
- 8.2. Less than 20 kg*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. 20-50 kg
- 8.4. 50-100 kg
- 8.5. 100-150 kg
- 8.6. Above 150 kg
9. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - By End-User
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By End-User
- 9.2. Military Equipment*
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 9.3. Chemicals
- 9.4. Biotechnology
- 9.5. Others
10. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - By Region
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 10.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 10.4. North America
- 10.4.1. Introduction
- 10.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.4.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.4.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Carrying Capacity
- 10.4.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.4.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.4.6.1. U.S.
- 10.4.6.2. Canada
- 10.4.6.3. Mexico
- 10.5. Europe
- 10.5.1. Introduction
- 10.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.5.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.5.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Carrying Capacity
- 10.5.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.5.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.5.6.1. Germany
- 10.5.6.2. UK
- 10.5.6.3. France
- 10.5.6.4. Italy
- 10.5.6.5. Spain
- 10.5.6.6. Rest of Europe
- 10.6. South America
- 10.6.1. Introduction
- 10.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.6.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.6.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Carrying Capacity
- 10.6.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.6.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.6.6.1. Brazil
- 10.6.6.2. Argentina
- 10.6.6.3. Rest of South America
- 10.7. Asia-Pacific
- 10.7.1. Introduction
- 10.7.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.7.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.7.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Carrying Capacity
- 10.7.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
- 10.7.6. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.7.6.1. China
- 10.7.6.2. India
- 10.7.6.3. Japan
- 10.7.6.4. Australia
- 10.7.6.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 10.8. Middle East and Africa
- 10.8.1. Introduction
- 10.8.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.8.3. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Material
- 10.8.4. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Carrying Capacity
- 10.8.5. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By End-User
11. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Competitive Scenario
- 11.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 11.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
12. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - Company Profiles
- 12.1. Pelican Products Inc
- 12.1.1. Company Overview
- 12.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 12.1.3. Key Highlights
- 12.1.4. Financial Overview
- 12.2. SKB Corporation, Inc
- 12.3. GT Line Srl
- 12.4. C.H. Ellis Company, Inc
- 12.5. Plasticase Inc
- 12.6. Gator Cases Inc
- 12.7. Cases By Source, Inc
- 12.8. Willard Packaging Co.
- 12.9. FAWIC PACKAGING SYSTEMS
- 12.10. Case Technology Inc(*LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE)
13. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - Premium Insights
14. Global Transport Cases and Boxes Market - DataM
- 14.1. Appendix
- 14.2. About Us and Services
- 14.3. Contact Us