Fluoroelastomers are the chemical resistance fluorine contained polymers made of fluorocarbon and synthetic rubber. The fluoroelastomers have excellent properties which resist to oils, has higher resistance to degradation fuels, lubricants, most mineral acids, low permeability and high heat carrying capacity. The fluoroelastomers are mainly used in manufacturing of oil rings, gaskets, oil seals due to its high heat carrying capacity. The fluoroelastomers has wide range of applications including the fabrication, chemical industry, fluid power, oil and gas, semiconductor, automotive, aerospace & defense, space exploration, satellites and variety of manufacturing industries. The global Fluoroelastomers market valued USD XX million in 2018 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach USD XX million by 2026.
The market is driven by the rising demand for fluoroelastomers by the end users industries including electric vehicles, aerospace & defense as well as other semiconductor manufacturing due to modernization. Fluoroelastomers are used as gaskets, rings in many industries including automotive cars, building, aerospace and aeronautics. As per the International Energy Agency in 2018, the electric passenger cars has an estimated sales of around 5 million globally with 63% increase as compare to previous year. Furthermore, increase in the adoption of fluoroelastomers in the aerospace & defense, semiconductor industry which requires fluoroelastomers in the huge amount. As per the Semicon Europa Organization in 2017, the semiconductor industry has shown significant growth with around USD 400 billion which impels the demand for the fluoroelastomers for semiconductor equipment productions.
There is a rise in the launch of new innovative elastomers technology based on fluoroelastomers for oil and gas industry. For instance, in 23rd Oct 2018, Greene Tweed Company had received patented for molded articles and rapid gas decompression resistant fluoroelastomers. This product provides competitive advantage for the seals and engineered components by energy saving, and maintaining integrity in the automobile application by ensuring health, and environmental safety.
The global fluoroelastomers market is segmented based on product type, application, and region. In terms of product type the global fluoroelastomers marker is bifurcated into Fluorosilicone elastomers, Perfluoroelastomers, and fluorocarbon elastomers. Among this fluorocarbon elastomers segment has highest share in 2019 owing to increasing usage in the manufacturing of electric vehicles and aerospace industry. As the fluorocarbon have excellent chemical properties to sustain high temperatures in automobiles. As per the International Energy Agency, the global electric car sales is projected to reach above 130 million vehicles by 2030. This propels the demand for the fluoroelastomers market during the forecast period.
Similarly, Fluorosilicone elastomers and Perfluoroelastomers segments are also increasing at fastest pace owing to surge in the usage in aerospace and other chemical industry around the globe.
Depending on the application, the global fluoroelastomers market is segmented into Automotive, Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Energy and Power, Semiconductor, Pharmaceutical, Food Processing, Chemical Processing and others. Among this, automotive segment has the highest market share in 2019. This growth is anticipated due rise in the production of electric vehicles and growing adoption of EVs among the people from the developing region like China, India and Brazil.
Similarly, aerospace, oil and gas, energy and power, semiconductor, pharmaceutical, food processing, chemical processing segments are also growing at faster pace owing to surge in population and modernization of the technology.
By region, the global fluoroelastomers market is segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East, and Africa. Among all of the regions, Asia Pacific dominated the global fluoroelastomers market and expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecasted period due to presence of manufacturing facilities for rubber based elastomers in automotive industry. As per the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA) in Asia Pacific India and China has the largest manufacturing facilities for cars and commercial vehicles which requires fluoroelastomers as the basic material. As per this organization in 2019, China has manufactured over 21.36 million cars and 4360472 commercial vehicles followed by India with 3623335 for cars produced and 892682 commercial vehicles are being manufactured. This surge in the automotive vehicle sale and production boost the demand for the fluoroelastomers market during the study period.
The North America region is expected to have positive market growth due to the growing technological advancement in the aerospace and defense industry especially in the United States. According to the Aerospace Industry Association in 2018, the United States has spent around USD 374 billion for its total GDP in Aerospace & Defense industry. The increasing adoption of fluoroelastomers adoption for aerospace industry due to high heat carrying capacity with surge in manufacturing facilities for this industry shall boost the demand for the fluoroelastomers over the forecasted period.
The global fluoroelastomers market is highly competitive with the presence of several international and local markets. Product diversification, revenue generation, and opportunities intensify the market competition. Shanghai Fluoron Chemicals Co. Ltd., Zrunek Gummiwaren GmbH, Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry, Solvay SA, Asahi Glass Co. Ltd, 3M Company, Eagle Elastomer, Dongyue Group Ltd, Daikin Industries, Dupont De Nemours & Company, and Chenguang Fluoro & Silicone Elastomers Co., and HaloPolymer OJSC. are the leading market players with significant market share.
Major players are increasing the production capacity of fluoroelastomers due to increase n the usage in many industry verticals like automobile, semiconductor and aerospace. For instance, on 7th October 2019, 3M has set up a plan to increase fluoroelastomers production capacity. This 3M has been built one more additional reactor for enhancing FKM polymerization capacity to existing Decatur, Alabama, France plant. This has been helped to maintain the growing global demand in the various applications including chemical & process gaskets, calendaring sheets, automotive turbocharger hoses, fuel line hose, battery valves/seals, valve-stem seals, wire coatings and wearable.
Furthermore Companies are entering into the collaborations, acquisitions, mergers, and licensing for increasing their market penetration. For instance on 11th December 2019, DuPont has been acquired Desalitech Ltd., a closed circuit reverse osmosis (CCRO) company. This will enhance the growth of fluoroelastomers market during the study period.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the global Fluoroelastomers market products in terms of Product type, and application highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global Fluoroelastomers market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of global Fluoroelastomers market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
*The global Fluoroelastomers market report will provide access to approximately 53 market data tables, 44 figures, and 178 pages.
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Fluoroelastomers Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Product Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Fluoroelastomers Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 4.1.2. Restraints
- 4.1.3. Impact Analysis
- 4.2. Opportunity
5. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.4. Pricing Analysis
6. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - By Product Type
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 6.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Product Type
- 6.2. Product Type
- 6.2.1. Fluorosilicone elastomers
- 126.96.36.199. Introduction
- 188.8.131.52. Market Size Analysis, US$ Mn, 2016-2025 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2018-2026
- 6.2.2. Perfluoroelastomers
- 6.2.3. Fluorocarbon elastomers
7. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - By Application
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
- 7.2. Automotive
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, USD Mn, 2016-2025 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2018-2026
- 7.3. Aerospace
- 7.4. Oil and Gas
- 7.5. Energy and Power
- 7.6. Semiconductor
- 7.7. Pharmaceutical
- 7.8. Food Processing
- 7.9. Chemical Processing
- 7.10. Others
8. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - By Region
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 8.2. North America
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 8.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. U.S.
- 220.127.116.11. Canada
- 18.104.22.168. Mexico
- 8.3. Europe
- 8.3.1. Introduction
- 8.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 8.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. Germany
- 126.96.36.199. U.K.
- 188.8.131.52. France
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Europe
- 8.4. South America
- 8.4.1. Introduction
- 8.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 8.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 220.127.116.11. Brazil
- 18.104.22.168. Argentina
- 22.214.171.124. Rest of South America
- 8.5. Asia Pacific
- 8.5.1. Introduction
- 8.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 8.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 126.96.36.199. China
- 188.8.131.52. India
- 184.108.40.206. Japan
- 220.127.116.11. Australia
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 8.6. Middle East and Africa
- 8.6.1. Introduction
- 8.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Product Type
- 8.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
9. Global Fluoroelastomers Market Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. Competitive Scenario
- 9.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 9.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
10. Global Fluoroelastomers Market Company Profiles
- 10.1. Shanghai Fluoron Chemicals Co. Ltd
- 10.1.1. Company Overview
- 10.1.2. Form Portfolio and Description
- 10.1.3. Key Highlights
- 10.1.4. Financial Overview
- 10.2. Zrunek Gummiwaren GmbH
- 10.3. Zhonghao Chenguang Research Institute of Chemical Industry
- 10.4. Solvay SA
- 10.5. Asahi Glass Co. Ltd
- 10.6. 3M Company
- 10.7. Eagle Elastomer
- 10.8. Dongyue Group Ltd
- 10.9. Daikin Industries
- 10.10. Dupont De Nemours & Company
- 10.11. Chenguang Fluoro & Silicone Elastomers Co
- 10.12. HaloPolymer OJSCSolvay SA
- List is not exhaustive
11. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - Premium Insights
12. Global Fluoroelastomers Market - DataM
- 12.1. Appendix
- 12.2. About Us and Services
- 12.3. Contact Us