The Global Neon Gas market was valued at USD XX billion in 2019 and expected to grow at a CAGR of XX% to reach a market value of USD XX billion by 2027.
Neon, a noble and inert gas and aerogen, is a chemical element that exhibits chemical inertness on account of its unique atomic structure. It is highly unreactive; therefore, it is widely used for non-reactive applications. Apart from neon, there are five others naturally occurring noble gases: helium, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon. The global neon gas market is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period, largely due to the rapid expansion of end-use industries including cryogenics, imaging, and electronic chip manufacturing.
Growing use of Neon gas for cryogenic applications is the major driver of the market. Neon is widely used for cryogenic applications pertaining to large hadron colliders (LHC), rocket propulsion systems, and wave meter tubes. Neon is often preferred over helium as a cryogenic coolant in most cutting-edge energy and scientific research that does not require extreme cooling. Neon isotopes are increasingly being evaluated for use in energy research as a fuel. Liquid gas is also used for cooling high-temperature superconducting motors, voltage regulators, and current limiters. In addition, neon is used in high-energy cathode ray tubes and wave meter tubes. Increasing research efforts on this front is expanding the horizon of applications and is contributing to the demand for liquid neon.
Additionally, growing consumer demand and industrialization is driving the requirement for barcode scanners and laser-operated sensors, which in turn is contributing to the demand for neon gas.
Noble gases are predominantly used in imaging, laser, and display technologies for fluorescent and incandescent lighting. However, the use of phosphors and noble gases in lighting and laser applications is being challenged by LED technologies, which are both cost-effective and energy efficient.
Market Segment Analysis:
By Application, the Global Neon Gas market is segmented into Cryogenics, Imaging and Lighting, Industrial Applications, Electronics and Semiconductors, and Others.
In 2019, the imaging and lighting segment dominated the market due to its extensive use in major applications such as holography, spectroscopy, and barcode scanning. The segment accounted for a XX% share of the market. However, the market share of the imaging and lighting segment is likely to decline by 2019 due to the growing prominence of semiconductor lighting. The market share of the cryogenics segment will likely increase in light of growing research efforts in the energy and healthcare sectors, as well as the rising need for energy-efficient industrial coolant solutions.
The global neon gas market for cryogenic applications was valued at USD XX million in 2019 and is expected to reach USD XX million in 2026, growing at a CAGR of XX%. Neon is used for industrial processes like welding, laser equipment, and lighting; however, in its liquid form, it is often used as a cryogenic refrigerant for commercial purposes. The gas is considered to be a perfect medium to cool specific processes in cryovacuum technology, which also includes applications like fault current limiters and cooling of high-temperature superconductor (HTS) motor rotors.
By Geography, the global Neon Gas market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America and the Middle East and Africa.
In 2019, APAC dominated the market geographically, accounting for a share of XX%. This was due to neon's extensive use in manufacturing industries associated with automobiles, construction, mining, and transportation. APAC is the largest market for neon gas in terms of consumption, as many automotive, construction, mining, and transportation manufacturing companies operate in the region. APAC is the base for some of the fastest-growing economies in the world, such as India, China, and Indonesia. The region is also a semiconductor powerhouse, with South Korea, Taiwan, Japan, and China being the key global suppliers of electronics and semiconductors. Despite this, the region lags behind others in terms of the demand-supply balance of noble gases. APAC is a net importer of noble gases, wherein the market is dominated by the industrial gas manufacturers from Europe and the US operating through their local subsidiaries.
The market was oligopolistic in nature until the last decade, with the presence of only a few large firms from Europe and the US. However, the market structure shifted with the entry of small and medium-scale companies that produce various industrial gas formulations and sell them at competitive prices. Most manufacturing players distinguish their product offerings on the basis of availability, price, and distribution service.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the Global Neon Gas Market across each indication, in terms of Type and End User options, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Global Neon Gas Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Global Neon Gas Market - level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Type mapping in excel for the key Services of all major market players
- Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
- Type Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Neon Gas Market -Scope and Methodology
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Scope of the market
2. Global Neon Gas Market -Key Trends and Developments
- 2.1. Key Trends and Developments
3. Global Neon Gas Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Neon Gas Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market impacting factors
- 4.2. Drivers
- 4.2.1. Driver 1
- 4.2.2. Driver 2
- 4.3. Restraints
- 4.3.1. Restraint 1
- 4.3.2. Restraint 2
- 4.4. Opportunity
- 4.5. Impact analysis
5. Global Neon Gas Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's five forces analysis
- 5.2. Supply chain analysis
- 5.3. Pricing analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory analysis
- 5.5. Patent analysis
6. Global Neon Gas Market - By Type
- 6.1. Introduction
- 6.2. Market size analysis, and y-o-y growth analysis (%), by Type
- 6.3. Market attractiveness index, by Type
- 6.4. Low Purity
- 6.4.1. Introduction
- 6.4.2. Market size analysis, and y-o-y growth analysis (%)
- 6.5. High Purity
- 6.6. Ultra-High Purity
7. Global Neon Gas Market - By Application
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Market size analysis, and y-o-y growth analysis (%), by Application
- 7.3. Market attractiveness index, by Application
- 7.4. Cryogenics
- 7.4.1. Introduction
- 7.4.2. Market size analysis, y-o-y growth analysis (%)
- 7.5. Industrial Applications
- 7.6. Electronics and Semiconductors
- 7.7. Imaging and Lighting
- 7.8. Others
8. Global Neon Gas Market - By Region
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 8.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 8.4. North America
- 8.4.1. Introduction
- 8.4.2. Key region-specific dynamics
- 8.4.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.4.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.4.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Countries
- 184.108.40.206. U.S.
- 220.127.116.11. Canada
- 18.104.22.168. Mexico
- 8.5. Europe
- 8.5.1. Introduction
- 8.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.5.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.5.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.5.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Countries
- 22.214.171.124. Germany
- 126.96.36.199. U.K.
- 188.8.131.52. France
- 184.108.40.206. Italy
- 220.127.116.11. Spain
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
- 8.6. South America
- 8.6.1. Introduction
- 8.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.6.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.6.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.6.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Countries
- 22.214.171.124. Brazil
- 126.96.36.199. Argentina
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
- 8.7. Asia Pacific
- 8.7.1. Introduction
- 8.7.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.7.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.7.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.7.5. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Countries
- 184.108.40.206. China
- 220.127.116.11. India
- 18.104.22.168. Japan
- 22.214.171.124. Taiwan
- 126.96.36.199. South East Asia
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 8.8. The Middle East And Africa
- 8.8.1. Introduction
- 8.8.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 8.8.3. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 8.8.4. Market Size Analysis, And Y-O-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
9. Global Neon Gas Market - Competitive Landscape
- 9.1. Competitive scenario
- 9.2. Competitor strategy analysis
- 9.3. Comparative type portfolio analysis
- 9.4. Market positioning/share analysis
- 9.5. Mergers and acquisitions analysis
10. Company Profiles
- 10.1. Air Liquide S.A
- 10.1.1. Company Overview
- 10.1.2. Type Portfolio And Description
- 10.1.3. Key Highlights
- 10.1.4. Financial Overview
- 10.2. Linde PLC
- 10.3. The Messer Group GmbH
- 10.4. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc
- 10.5. Air Water Inc
- 10.6. Company 6
- 10.7. Company 7
- 10.8. Company 8
- 10.9. Company 9
- 10.10. Company 10
11. Global Neon Gas Market - Premium Insights
12. Global Neon Gas Market - DataM
- 12.1. Appendix
- 12.2. About us and services
- 12.3. Contact us