The global anti-inflammatory drugs market size was valued US$ XX billion in 2020 and is estimated to reach US$ XX billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of XX % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
Anti-inflammatory drugs are the drugs that are used to treat conditions like asthma, arthritis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other diseases. Immune Mediated Inflammatory diseases represent a global threat in terms of quality of life, morbidity and mortality that leads to increasing opportunity to develop new treatments.
The global anti-inflammatory Drugs Market growth is driven by the increasing autoimmune and respiratory conditions, new drugs in pipeline and increasing adoption of anti-inflammatory drugs.
Increasing prevalence of these diseases is the major factor propelling the market upwards
Increasing prevalence of these diseases is the major factor propelling the market upwards. The demand for anti-inflammatory drugs has been increasing owing to the emergence of anti-inflammatory biologics that are more targeted, effective and with lesser side effects as compared to conventional drugs. Moreover, increasing awareness of anti-inflammatory therapeutics and attractive government initiativesare expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
For instance, according to the findings of the Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Network (RASN), more than 1.3 million people in the U.S. suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. On a global scale, almost 1% of the population is diagnosed with this disorder. As the treatment and cure for this autoimmune disease is still unknown, the only possible way of easing pain is the intake of anti-inflammatory drugs. As a result, the global market for these drugs is slated to witness considerable growth.
Increasing sedentary lifestyle and deteriorating air quality
The anti-inflammatory drugs help suppress the inadvertent alarm, the immune system triggers against body cells, which causes inflammation in the various body part. With increasing sedentary lifestyle and deteriorating air quality in many parts of the world, the prevalence of arthritis and respiratory related diseases are on the rise. Hence, there has been an increase in the anti-inflammatory drugs market in the past decade, and the trend seems to only increase with a much healthier rate.
Risks associated with use is likely to hinder the market growth
However, the side effects of using anti-inflammatory drugs such as dizziness, allergic reactions, stomach pain, stomach ulcers, and others may pose a major threat to the market. This, coupled with the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding and other complications may hinder the market in the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The impact of COVID-19 pandemic is expected to remain positive for the anti-inflammatory drugs market, owing to the inflammation caused by COVID. SARS-CoV-2 is a beta coronavirus causing severe anti-inflammatory pneumonia, as COVID-19 can cause severe inflammation to patients diagnosed with it. According to reports, cytokine storm is strongly responsible for death in such patients. Some of the consequences of severe inflammation and cytokine storms include acute respiratory distress syndrome, acute lung injury, and multiple organ dysfunction syndromes, which lead to increase in the research and the development of anti-inflammatory drugs for the treatment of inflammation caused by COVID-19. For instance, many clinical trials are currently underway to alleviate this destructive inflammation. One of them is NLRP3 inflammasome, which targets multiple mechanisms associated with COVID-19 excessive inflammation. Thus, such factors have positively impacted the market growth during the pandemic.
Arthritis segment is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period (2021-2028)
Arthritis is the inflammation in the joints. There are different types of arthritis, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis being most common among them. Arthritis is found to be more prevalent in the geriatric population, but there have been some documented cases of arthritis in children as well. Osteoarthritis is caused due to the breakdown of protective cartilage, causing pain and movement of joints difficult. Non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like diclofenac, ibuprofen and naproxen have been proven to be very effective in suppressing the pain from Osteoarthritis but may cause side effects like stomach upset, cardiovascular problems, bleeding problems, and liver and kidney damage.
Osteoarthritis breaks the cartilage of the joints which is a slippery tissue covering the ends of bones in a joint. Geriatric population and over-weighted individuals are at higher risks of osteoarthritis. Growing geriatric population, rising prevalence of the osteoarthritis and increasing per capita healthcare expenditure will drive the saegment growth. For instance, in 2015, according to the National Institutes of Health, the American geriatric population is expected to nearly double from 48 million in 2015 to 88 million by 2050. Moreover, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention about 78 million (26%) U.S. adults aged 18 years or more are estimated to have doctor diagnosed arthritis, by 2020. This factor is driving the growth of the segment in the forecast period.
Rheumatoid arthritis is associated with autoimmune that causes inflammation in joints of the body further the disease affects the muscle, connective tissues, joints, fibrous tissue, and tendons. Rheumatoid arthritis has a major negative effect on the ability to perform health related quality of life daily activities, including work and household tasks, and it increases mortality.Rheumatoid arthritis strikes in the between the ages of 20 and 40, most productive years of adulthood, and is a chronic immobilizing condition often causing deformity and pain. The prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis differs among 0.3% and 1% and is more common in developed countries mostly in women.
Rheumatoid arthritis causes disability, premature death, and lowers the quality of life in the developing and industrialized world. Rheumatoid arthritis is a universal inflammatory disease that establishes itself in various joints in the body. This inflammation typically transforms the organs of the body, but can also affect the lining of the joints. This inflamed joint lining tends to disintegration of the bone and joint deformity and sometimes causes cartilage. The prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis is driving the growth of the market in the forecast period.
The nonsteroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), are expected to dominate the anti-inflammatory drugs market during the forecast period
The Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs) are a group of medicines that relieve pain and fever and reduce inflammation. There are nearly two dozen different NSAIDs available, but they all work in the same way, and that is by blocking a specific group of enzymes called cyclo-oxygenase enzymes, often abbreviated to COX enzymes. These enzymes are responsible for the production of prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are a group of compounds with hormone-like effects that control many different processes such as inflammation, blood flow, and the formation of blood clots.
Some individuals are allergic to NSAIDs and may develop shortness of breath when an NSAID is taken. People with asthma are at a higher risk for experiencing serious allergic reaction to NSAIDs. Individuals with a serious allergy to one NSAID are likely to experience a similar reaction to a different NSAID.
North America region holds the largest market share global anti-inflammatory drugs market
North America region is dominating the global anti-inflammatory drugs market accounted for the largest market share in 2020, owing to the factors such as established healthcare sector with a large number of renowned players, high investment & demand for more effective and safer drugs, etc. Moreover, the high income per capita, rise in patient visits to physicians, research advancements due to high funding are some of the factors that are driving the growth of the market in the region.
The anti-inflammatory drugs market is moderately competitive with presence of local as well as global companies. Some of the key players which are contributing to the growth of the market include Amgen Inc, AstraZeneca, Merck & Co., GlaxoSmithKline, Bristol-Myers Squibb, F-Hoffmann-La-Roche, Eli Lilly and Sanofi among others. The major players are adopting several growth strategies such as product launches, acquisitions, and collaborations, which are contributing to the growth of the anti-inflammatory drugs market globally.
Overview: Amgen Inc. is an independent biotechnology medicines company that discovers, develops, manufactures and markets medicines for grievous illnesses. The Company focuses solely on human therapeutics and concentrates on innovating novel medicines based on advances in cellular and molecular biology.
The company's products include Enbrel to treat plaque psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis, Neulasta, a pegylated protein to treat cancer patients; Prolia to treat postmenopausal women with osteoporosis; Xgeva for skeletal-related events prevention; Aranesp to treat a lower-than-normal number of red blood cells and anemia; KYPROLIS to treat patients with relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma; Sensipar/Mimpara to treat secondary hyperparathyroidism; and EPOGEN to treat anemia caused by chronic kidney disease. It also markets other products in various markets, including Nplate, Vectibix, Repatha, Parsabiv, BLINCYTO, Aimovig, NEUPOGEN, Otezla, AMGEVITA, KANJINTI, EVENITY, IMLYGIC, MVASI, and Corlanor. Amgen Inc. serves healthcare providers, including physicians or their clinics, dialysis centers, hospitals, and pharmacies.
Product Portfolio: The Company's portfolio comprised of inflammation, oncology/hematology, bone health, cardiovascular disease, and nephrology and neuroscience areas.
Key Development: In Sept. 23, 2016, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved AMJEVITA (adalimumab-atto) across all eligible indications of the reference product, Humira (adalimumab). AMJEVITA is the first adalimumab biosimilar approved by the FDA and has been approved for the treatment of seven inflammatory diseases, including moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis, moderate-to-severe polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, moderate-to-severe chronic plaque psoriasis, adult moderate-to-severe Crohn's disease and moderate-to-severe ulcerative colitis. AMJEVITA is Amgen's first biosimilar to receive regulatory approval.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the anti-inflammatory drugs market segmentation by treatment, drug class, and distribution channel highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in anti-inflammatory drugs market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of anti-inflammatory drugs market - level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global anti-inflammatory drugs market report would provide an access to an approx. 61 market data table, 61 figures and 300 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Treatment
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Drug Class
- Anti-Inflammatory Biologics
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
- Immune-selective anti-inflammatory derivative (IMSAID)
- Additional Supplements
Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmaceutical shop
- Retail Pharmaceutical Stores
Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Region
- North America
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Table of Contents
1. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Treatment
- 3.2. Market snippet by Drug Class
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Distribution Channel
- 3.4. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 18.104.22.168. Rising incidences of autoimmune and respiratory conditions
- 22.214.171.124. Growing research for safer new anti-inflammatory drugs
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 126.96.36.199. Side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs
- 188.8.131.52. Risks associated to the use of anti-inflammatory drugs
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.5. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.6. Unmet Needs
6. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Treatment
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Treatment Segment
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Treatment Segment
- 7.2. Arthritis*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 7.3. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- 7.4. Multiple Sclerosis
- 7.5. Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- 7.6. Asthma
- 7.7. Tendonitis
- 7.8. Other
8. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Drug Class
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Drug Class
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Drug Class
- 8.2. Anti-Inflammatory Biologics*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 8.3. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
- 8.4. Corticosteroids
- 8.5. Immune-selective anti-inflammatory derivative (IMSAID)
- 8.6. Indigestion
- 8.7. Additional Supplements
- 8.8. Other
9. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Distribution Channel
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Distribution Channel Segment
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Distribution Channel Segment
- 9.2. Hospital Pharmaceutical shop*
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028
- 9.3. Retail Pharmaceutical Stores
- 9.4. Clinics
- 9.5. Other
10. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - By Region
- 10.1. Introduction
- 10.1.1. Market Size Analysis, US$ Million, 2018-2028 and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), 2020-2028, By Region
- 10.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 10.2. North America
- 10.2.1. Introduction
- 10.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Treatment
- 10.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Drug Class
- 10.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Distribution Channel
- 10.2.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.2.6.1. U.S.
- 10.2.6.2. Canada
- 10.2.6.3. Mexico
- 10.3. Europe
- 10.3.1. Introduction
- 10.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Treatment
- 10.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Drug Class
- 10.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Distribution Channel
- 10.3.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.3.6.1. Germany
- 10.3.6.2. U.K.
- 10.3.6.3. France
- 10.3.6.4. Italy
- 10.3.6.5. Spain
- 10.3.6.6. Rest of Europe
- 10.4. South America
- 10.4.1. Introduction
- 10.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Treatment
- 10.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Drug Class
- 10.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Distribution Channel
- 10.4.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.4.6.1. Brazil
- 10.4.6.2. Argentina
- 10.4.6.3. Rest of South America
- 10.5. Asia Pacific
- 10.5.1. Introduction
- 10.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Treatment
- 10.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Drug Class
- 10.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Distribution Channel
- 10.5.6. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 10.5.6.1. China
- 10.5.6.2. India
- 10.5.6.3. Japan
- 10.5.6.4. Australia
- 10.5.6.5. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 10.6. Middle East and Africa
- 10.6.1. Introduction
- 10.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 10.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Treatment
- 10.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Drug Class
- 10.6.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Distribution Channel
11. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - Competitive Landscape
- 11.1. Key Developments and Strategies
- 11.2. Company Share Analysis
- 11.3. Product Benchmarking
- 11.4. List of key companies to watch
- 11.5. List of the company with disruptive technology
- 11.6. List of start-up companies
12. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market- Company Profiles
- 12.1. Amgen Inc*
- 12.1.1. Company Overview
- 12.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 12.1.3. Key Highlights
- 12.1.4. Financial Overview
- 12.2. AstraZeneca
- 12.3. Merck & Co.
- 12.4. GlaxoSmithKline
- 12.5. Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 12.6. F-Hoffmann-La-Roche
- 12.7. Eli Lilly
- 12.8. Sanofi.
- 12.9. Abbott Laboratories
- 12.10. Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
13. Global Anti-Inflammatory Drugs Market - DataM
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us