The global polyethylene pipe size was worth US$ XX billion in 2019 and is estimated to reach US$ XX billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of XX % during the forecast period (2020-2027).
Polyethylene pipes play significant role in the water distribution require for huge infrastructure buildings, residential and commercial spaces in developing and developed region. Water distribution system through pipes is the landscape of irrigation systems, drain, waste, and vent (DWV) systems, and sewage transport. The polyethylene pipes have several advantages such as high toughness, corrosion resistance, cost-effective, durable and resistance to chemicals than other steel pipes.
Polyethylene Pipe is substantially used in end-user industries such as water service or distribution lines, natural gas distribution, lawn sprinklers, agriculture, sewers, waste disposal, drainage lines, building & construction and among others.
The global polyethylene pipes are driven by rising demand for irrigation in the agricultural land with surge in government subsidy scheme and support. Further growing demand for the rehabilitation and replacement of the old pipelines for water distribution in several countries with lightweight and cost effective polyethylene pipe have propelled this market growth. Further increasing building and construction projects with surge in government support and rising demand by the municipalities due to urbanization around the globe have propelled the growth of this market.
Rising demand for irrigation in the agricultural land with surge in government subsidy scheme and support around the globe
The market is driven by surge in the demand rising demand for irrigation in the agricultural land with surge in government subsidy scheme and support for better crop yield. According to the UNESCO Organization report in 2019, irrigated agriculture land covered 275 million hectares that is around 20% of cultivated land and accounts for 40% of global food production.
As rapidly increasing population stipulate the irrigation development for food production which can be fulfilled by increasing the irrigated land. As polyethylene pipes in agriculture plays vital role for distribution and transmission of chemical fertilizers through the water flow and also increases efficiency of fertilizer consumption. It also prevents the creation of unwanted moisture in gardens and farms prevent breaking out some diseases such as parasitic and fungal at farms.
Growing demand for the rehabilitation and replacement of the old pipelines for water distribution in several countries with lightweight and cost effective polyethylene pipe
Further growing demand for the rehabilitation and replacement of the old pipelines for water distribution in several countries with lightweight and cost effective polyethylene pipe. It created massive demand for the Polyethylene Pipe in the industrial, commercial, and residential sectors are become old which needs to replace with cost effective polyethylene pipe for better water distribution.
For instance American Water Works Association (AWWA) studies concluded that in the United States around more than one million miles of water piping were installed more than 50 years ago which are in an era of pipe replacement. It created massive demand for the polyethylene pipe around the globe.
Rising launching of the advanced material pipes to enhance its capabilities and performance in high temperature by leading players may create huge opportunity for the growth of this market
Increasing launching of the advanced material pipes to enhance its capabilities and performance in high temperature by leading players may create huge opportunity for the growth of this market. For instance on 18th August 2018, Astral Poly Technik Ltd has launched joined hands with Japan-based 'SEKISUI CHEMICAL CO. LTD.' ('SEKISUI') to source chlorinated poly vinyl chloride (CPVC) resin for hot and cold water plumbing system. This strategic tie-up between ASTRAL and SEKISUI enables ASTRAL to go for backward integration into developing its own CPVC compound. For instance on 16th October 2019, Borealis launched new BorPure resin at the K 2019 designed for flip-top cap applications with a growing caps and closures market segments.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The global polyethylene pipe market has shown slight declination due to the Covid-19 pandemic, as several leading manufacturing industries were closed. Several countries have restricted production activities during the covid-19 pandemic. Further the growth of the textile & apperal was also declined due low demand in the Month of June 2020.
However, the demand for the polyethylene pipe is slightly increased in August 2020, as several leading manufacturer started production. The leading manufacturers of the polyethelene pipes have declined the sale due to Covid-19 pandemic. For instance Astral Poly Technik's net profit declined by 57.5% to 2.70 million with net sales decreased by 33% to US$ 54.5 million in first quarter June 2020 over Q1 June 2019.Further demand ofpolyethyline pipes will increase as soon as the pandemic will over.
The global polyethylene pipe is segmented based on type, application and region.
Rising demand in the automotive sector with surge in the global sale of the passenger vahicles have propelled the polyurethane resins market
In terms of type, the global Polyethylene Pipe is bifurcated into LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polyethylene), LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene), HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) and cross link polyethylene (PEX/XLPE) and others. Among this, HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) has the highest market share in 2019, owing to its proven applications including chemicals, slurries, municipal water and wastewater.
As the demand is driven by polyethylene pipe used for the replacement of the steel pipes replacement to expensive and cost-prohibitive pipes. For instance on 21st Nov 2020, the Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) have planned build 120 meter long water supply pipeline under the Central Railway (CR) lines near the Diva station, Thane, India.
It would be the replacement of the first a water pipeline using micro-tunnelling which will connect with 400 mm-diameter pipe from Diva (W) to the main MIDC supply lines in Thane, India. Similalry, LLDPE (linear low density polyethylene), LDPE (low density polyethylene) and cross link polyethylene (PEX/XLPE) segments are also growing at faster pace owing to surge in government support for the new pipelines require in municipalties, industrial, commercial and residential sector.
For instance, in 2020, Central Government of India planned to invest in infrastructure development with investment of around 13.53 million mega infra push and the investment in pipelines reached to around US$ 165 billion in India
Increasing oil and gas extraction capacity with surge in distribution network for supplying from one place to another due to surge in demand have propelled the gas extraction segmental growth
Based on the product, the global polyethylene pipe market is divided into building & construction, underwater & municipal, gas extraction, agriculture, industrial and others. Among this gas extraction has the highest market share owing to rising demand in the oil and gas extraction refineries with growing global investment by the government and private companies.
For instance on 5th July 2020, Greece and Israel made agreement to build world's longest underwater gas pipeline to bring natural gas to Europe with an investment of around US$ 7.14 billion. It created massive demand forthe polyethylene pipes require to fill the distribution of pipelines.
Similarly, building & construction, underwater & municipal, agriculture, industrial segments are also growing at faster pace owing to surge in demand for water in rising urban and global population. For instance as per the in our world data, global population reached to 7.2 billion in 2018 and is projected to reach 8.5 billion by 2030 and 9.7 billion by 2050. It may create huge demand for the polyethylene pipelines for suppying water.
Asia-Pacific region holds the largest market share global polyethylene pipe market
Asia-Pacific region is dominating the global polyethylene pipe market accounted for the largest market share in 2019, due to presence of several manufacturing companies, growing industrialization and rising investment by the leading players in this region followed by North America and Europe. Further increasing government and private companies investment in the Asia-Pacific region for drinking water supply projects have propelled the demand for the Polyethylene Pipe market in this region.
For instance, as per the Asian Development Bank's Water Financing Partnership Facility (WFPF) provides investments to the Asia-Pacific region in between US$ 2.0 billion to US $2.5 billion annually and a total investment reached to over US$20-25 billion in 2020. It created massive demand for the polyethylene pipe used in the water distribution systems as well as waste water treatment activities which ultimately boost the polyethylene pipe market in this region.
Increasing replacement actiities of the old pipelines for the water and waste water distribution with new polyethylene pipes created huge deman for this market
The largest pressure pipe ever used in North America will be connected to a new tertiary wastewater treatment plant in the town of Esquimalt on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. Similalrly, North America is growing at faster pace for the polyethylene market owing to surge in government initiatives to replace old pipelines with new ones and rising building and construction with growing huge infrastructure development projects followed by Europe.
For instance recently on 17th July 2020, in North America largest diameter solid wall high-density polyethylene (HDPE) pressure pipe project has been completed which brings treated wastewater offshore for British Columbia communities. The project cost registered to around US$775 million which includes a new wastewater treatment facility, outfall system, distribution pipelines and residual treatment facility.
The Polyethylene Pipe Market is moderately competitive with the presence of local as well as global companies. Some of the key players which are contributing to the growth of the market include Falcon Pipes Pvt. Ltd., Akzo Nobel N.V., Borealis AG, P.E.S. Co., Dura-Line Corporation, COMAP group, SILON s.r.o., Advanced Drainage Systems, Exxon Mobil Corporation, ISCO Industries, ARKEMA S.A, SABIC, Dow, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., TPL Plastech Limited, PESTEC and among others.
The major players are adopting several growth strategies such as product launches, acquisitions, and collaborations, which are contributing to the growth of the polyethylene pipe market globally. For instance on 16th Sept 2019 Tanzania launched a US$ 52 million pipe manufacturing industry plant in Dares Salaam, in the country.
Exxon Mobil Corporation:
- Overview: ExxonMobil is the world's largest publicly traded international oil and gas, chemical company which provides high growth commodity chemicals which improves living standards around the world. The Company was founded in 1999 and headquartered in Irving, Texas, United States. ExxonMobil has Chemical manufacturing capacity in every major region of the world, serving large and growing markets. The Company's more than 90% of the chemical capacity is integrated with ExxonMobil refineries or natural gas processing plants.
- Product Portfolio: The Company has a product portfolio of the polyethylene pipes includes:
- ExxonMobil HDPE HD 7800P High Density Polyethylene Resin: HD7800P is a pipe extrusion grade high density polyethylene copolymer which offers an excellent combination of stiffness and stress crack resistance.
- Applications: Highway drainage pipe, household and industrial chemical containers, thermoformed parts, agriculture products containers, caps and closures and food packaging.
- LLDPE: It is linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) resin which offers an optimal balance of toughness and stiffness.
- Benefits: Versatile and cost effective, lower seal initiation temperature balanced with mechanical properties and can reduce costs in high-performance structures
- Key Development: In on 24th July 2019, ExxonMobil started production of high-performance polyethylene line with increasing plant production capacity by 65% that is 650,000 tons per year, with total capacity reached to 1.7 million tons per year at Beaumont, Texas, United States.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the composition of the Polyethylene Pipe Market segmentation by type, and application highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in Polyethylene Pipe Market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of Polyethylene Pipe Market- level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global polyethylene pipe market report would provide an access to an approx. 62 market data table, 50 figures and 211 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Type
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 18.104.22.168. Increasing demand for irrigation for higher crop yielding due to growing food grain demand with surge in global population
- 22.214.171.124. Increasing building and construction due to surge in urbanization and infrastructure development projects have propelled the polyethylene pipe for supplying water
- 126.96.36.199. Rising demand by the municipalities, industrial sector with surge in food processing industry around the globe drives the polyethylene pipe market
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 188.8.131.52. Fluctuation in raw material prices and high capital cost require for establishment of new plant
- 184.108.40.206. XX
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 220.127.116.11. Rising launching of the advanced material pipes to enhance its capabilities and performance in high temperature by leading players may create huge opportunity for the growth of this market
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Pricing Analysis
- 5.4. Regulatory Analysis
6. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 7.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type
- 7.2. LLDPE (Linear Low Density Polyethylene)*
- 7.2.1. Introduction
- 7.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3. LDPE (Low Density Polyethylene)
- 7.4. HDPE (High Density Polyethylene)
- 7.5. Cross Link Polyethylene (PEX/XLPE)
- 7.6. Others
8. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - By Application
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 8.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application
- 8.2. Building & Construction*
- 8.2.1. Introduction
- 8.2.2. Market Size Analysis and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3. Underwater & Municipal
- 8.4. Gas Extraction
- 8.5. Agriculture
- 8.6. Industrial
- 8.7. Others
9. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.1.1. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.1.2. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.2. North America
- 9.2.1. Introduction
- 9.2.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.2.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.2.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.2.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. U.S.
- 22.214.171.124. Canada
- 126.96.36.199. Mexico
- 9.3. Europe
- 9.3.1. Introduction
- 9.3.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.3.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.3.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.3.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Germany
- 184.108.40.206. U.K.
- 220.127.116.11. France
- 18.104.22.168. Italy
- 22.214.171.124. Russia
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Europe
- 9.4. South America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil
- 184.108.40.206. Argentina
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of South America
- 9.5. Asia-Pacific
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 18.104.22.168. China
- 22.214.171.124. India
- 126.96.36.199. Japan
- 188.8.131.52. Australia
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.6. Middle East and Africa
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 220.127.116.11. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
10. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market- Company Profiles
- 11.1. Falcon Pipes Pvt. Ltd*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Type Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Akzo Nobel N.V.
- 11.3. Borealis AG, P.E.S. Co.
- 11.4. Dura-Line Corporation,
- 11.5. COMAP group, SILON s.r.o.
- 11.6. Advanced Drainage Systems
- 11.7. Exxon Mobil Corporation
- 11.8. ISCO Industries
- 11.9. ARKEMA S.A
- 11.10. SABIC
- 11.11. Dow
- 11.12. LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
- 11.13. TPL Plastech Limited
- 11.14. PESTEC
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Polyethylene Pipe Market - DataM
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us