Rheological control agents, also known as thickeners and rheology modifiers, are ubiquitous, multi-functional ingredients that are found in several formulations that can substantially affect the performance and stability of the product. These are designed to provide formulators unparalleled control over the texture, viscosity, and suspension of personal care and home care solutions. For manufacturers and formulators, the thickening and suspension polymers can ensure long-term stability to the products. The increasing development of more hydrophobically modified polymers is the major trend factor in rheology agents.
The global rheology modifiers market size was worth US$ XX billion in 2019 and further predicted to reach US$ XX billion by 2027, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2020-2027).
The demand for rheology modifier is increasing from various applications globally, coupled with the rising crude oil production and shale gas exploration. Rheology modifiers are considered as the key ingredient of the adhesives & sealants, paints & coatings, and cosmetics & personal care products. Therefore, the increasing demand from these applications is a significant growth driver of the rheology modifiers market.
Increasing Demand for Personal Care Products
The demand for personal care products is continuously increasing globally, driven by the increase in population and rising awareness for aesthetics globally. Moreover, the increase in disposable incomes from developed and emerging nation are the major contributor to the growth of the markwet. The demand for premium products in the personal care market is also a driver for the rheology market.
The continuous rise in population coupled with the improving economic conditions in emerging economies is expected to generate larger housing transaction and more disposable income which is driving the application of rheology for paints, adhesives and coatings in the construction industry which has a direct effect on the rheology modifiers market.
Fluctuating Crude Oil Prices
Fluctuating crude oil prices has been one of the major factor influencing cost of the commodity chemicals and a number of raw materials employed in the product manufacturing. It is considered as the basic raw material used to produce distinct raw materials for the rheology modifiers synthesis. Therefore, fluctuating crude oil prices is estimated to be key factor affecting rheology modifiers market price.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
The outbreak of COVID-19 will have a considerable negative impact on the global rheology modifiers industry. The personal care ingredients industry has seen crisis before, such as 2008 Financial Crisis; however, the industry has come through them effectively and efficiently by 2010. Though, the crisis from the outbreak of COVID-19 will act differently for the personal care ingredients industry. This includes a dramatical change in the purchase and usage behavior, leading to the fall of sales across various segments, which includes color cosmetics and inorganic products. Moreover, a rapid growth in the cosmetics industry can be expected in mid-2021 or in the first quarter of 2022, considering the arrival of COVID-19 vaccines and cease of social distancing, which inturn, will ease the rheology modifier market functioning.
Based on the aplication, the rheology modifiers market has been classified into paints & coatings, cosmetics & personal care, adhesives & sealants, and others.
Cosmetics & personal care application to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
The cosmetics & personal care segment is expected to record the highest growth of the global rheology modifiers market. It is mainly used as a thickener across numerous cosmetics & personal care applications, including skincare creams, make-up products, foundations, and toiletry products. The concentration of rheology modifiers basically depends upon the cosmetic application of the products. Presently, the cosmetics & personal care industry is witnessing an increase in disposable income and changing lifestyles. Emerging nations, such as Asia-Pacific nations, present a considerable potential for international companies that offer better quality products compared to the locally-produced.
Based on the type, the rheology modifiers market has been classified into organic and inorganic
The organic segment is projected to be the fastest-growing type of the rheology modifiers market during the forecast period
Organic is expected to project the fastest-growth in the global rheology modifiers market during the forecast period. Organic rheology modifiers are varied in terms of chemistry, compared to inorganic rheology modifiers. The organic segment comprises natural raw materials, which are further classified into two categories, natural and synthetic. The demand for organic rheology modifiers is increasing rapidly across distinct applications. This is mainly due to its advantageous factors, including the high performance and environmentally friendly nature. Furthermore, the organic rheology modifiers can be used in various mediums such as solvent-borne systems, waterborne systems, and solventless systems.
Based on geography, the study analyzes the rheology modifiers market in the global market, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and the Middle East & Africa.
APAC to account for the largest share of the global rheology modifiers market during the forecast period
APAC is estimated to account for the major share in the global rheology modifiers market. The growing population and the rise in the infrastructural developments in the region are some of the key factors that have increased the use of rheology modifiers in distinct applications. Moreover, the increasing economic growth in the emerging markets and the substantial investments in applications, such as power generation, construction, oil & gas, and others, are some other factors augmenting the market growth in the region.
The rheology modifiers market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of big food brands. The key rheology modifiers players which are contributing to the growth of the global market include The Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Arkema, Clariant, Croda International Plc., Akzo Nobel N.V., Elementis Plc., BYK Additives & Instruments. The major players are adopting new product launch and expansion strategies for global growth in the rheology modifiers market.
BASF SE Overview:
BASF SE was incorporated in 1865 and is based in Germany. It is operated as a chemical company across the globe. The company in its chemical segment offers plasticizers, solvents, monomers, and glues. In addition, it offers raw materials for plastics, detergents, paints, textile fibers, and coatings, crop protection products, and medicines. The other segments through which the company is operated include: Performance Products (includes care chemicals, dispersions and pigments, cosmetics, and personal care products, and many others); Functional Materials & Solutions (battery materials, catalysts, polyurethane systems, and so on.); Agricultural Solutions (herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, and so forth); and Oil & Gas segment.
Product Portfolio: BASF's range of rheology modifiers includes Cosmedia, Hispagel, Luvigel, Rheocare, Salcare, and Tinovis. Cosmedia range of products includes Cosmedia ATC, Cosmedia Ultragel 300, Cosmedia SP, and Cosmedia CTH(E).
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the rheology modifiers market segmentation composition by type, application, and region, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the rheology modifiers market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of rheology modifiers market - level 3 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global rheology modifiers market report would provide access to an approx. 70 market data table, 58 figures and 270 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Rheology Modifiers Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Technology
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Application
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 188.8.131.52. Rising awareness for beauty aesthetics
- 184.108.40.206. High growth potential in personal care market
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 220.127.116.11. Environmental Impact
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Value Chain Analysis
- 5.4. PEST Analysis
- 5.5. Pricing Analysis
- 5.6. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.7. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.8. Unmet Needs
- 5.9. Patent Trends
6. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - By Type
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type Segment
- 7.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Type Segment
- 7.3.1. Organic*
- 18.104.22.168. Introduction
- 22.214.171.124. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3.2. Inorganic
8. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - By Application
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application Segment
- 8.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Application Segment
- 8.3.1. Paints & Coatings*
- 126.96.36.199. Introduction
- 188.8.131.52. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3.2. Cosmetics and Personal Care
- 8.3.3. Adhesives and Sealants
- 8.3.4. Others
9. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.4. North America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. U.S.
- 220.127.116.11. Canada
- 18.104.22.168. Mexico
- 9.5. Europe
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. Germany
- 126.96.36.199. U.K.
- 188.8.131.52. France
- 184.108.40.206. Italy
- 220.127.116.11. Spain
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of Europe
- 9.6. South America
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.6.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. Brazil
- 126.96.36.199. Argentina
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of South America
- 9.7. Asia Pacific
- 9.7.1. Introduction
- 9.7.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.7.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.7.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.7.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. China
- 220.127.116.11. India
- 18.104.22.168. Japan
- 22.214.171.124. Australia
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.8. Middle East and Africa
- 9.8.1. Introduction
- 9.8.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.8.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Type
- 9.8.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Application
- 9.8.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
10. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Rheology Modifiers Market- Company Profiles
- 11.1. The Dow Chemical Company*
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. BASF SE
- 11.3. Arkema SA
- 11.4. Clariant International Inc.
- 11.5. Croda International Plc
- 11.6. Akzo Nobel N.V.
- 11.7. Elementis Plc
- 11.8. BYK Additives & Instruments
- 11.9. Xinxiang Kolanky Technical Co., Ltd.
- 11.10. Anhui Sinograce Chemical Co., Ltd.
- 11.11. Qingdao Goodow New Material Co., Ltd.
- 11.12. Beijing Mayor Chemical Technology Co., Ltd.
- 11.13. Qingdao Yinuoxin New Material Co., Ltd.
LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE
12. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Rheology Modifiers Market - DataM Intelligence
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us