The Global Pet Probiotics Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% during the forecasting period (2021-2028).
Pet probiotics are a type of specific strains of microorganisms which is served to pets in proper amount to have a beneficial effect. This improves the health and reduces the risk of falling sick. There are various bacterial strains that are commercially available in the market such as Lactobacillus thermophilus, Bacillus subtilis and others. Moreover, the use of probiotics as feed supplements in animal production have grown considerably over the last decade, especially after the ban on antibiotic growth promoters in the livestock sector
The global pet probiotics market size was worth US$ XX billion in 2020 and further expected to reach US$ YY billion by 2028, at a CAGR of YY % during the forecast period (2021-2028).
Pet Probiotics Market Dynamics
The growing awareness about the advantages of pet probiotics among poultry and cattle farmers, as well as pet owners, continues to create fresh opportunities for the manufacturers of pet probiotics. The pet probiotics market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period. There are more than 40 probiotic preparations which are approved by EU for animal nutrition, where such products are available in the U.S. as direct-fed microbial products.
Rising Awareness And Concerns About Animal Health And Safety
The pet probiotics products have witnessed substantial demand due to growing awareness and concerns about pet health and safety. With this, rising incidence of chronic diseases associated with the consumption of animal by-products also increases the animal feed and probiotics market. There is an increase in the demand for natural animal feed additives, which has negligible side effects. This results in the rise in demand majorly among poultry farmers and for aquaculture production. Animal probiotics has witnessed huge attention as it plays a major role in maintaining the gut health and immunity of animals. Furthermore, various animal health awareness campaigns are also initiated by the government to spread awareness about the importance of animal probiotics.
Increased Growth In Consumption Of Pet Based Products
Various changes have been witnessed regarding the consumption patterns and dietary habits of the population due to which there has been a shift towards the increased consumption of meat and dairy products. This has increased the demand for various animal products such as milk, dairy products, meat products, eggs, and other non-food items which has led to the growth in the usage of feed additives, thus boosting the probiotics in animal feed market growth. Hence, the rapid increase in the growth in population has also increased the demand for food across the globe.
Consumers are now becoming more health-conscious and are focusing more on nutrition-rich diets, that are offered to the livestock. Livestock products such as, milk, meat and eggs are rich sources of micronutrients such as iron, zinc, and vitamins. The demand for probiotics in pet feed has rised due to the health benefits associated with the consumption of probiotics. Moroever, they help in maintaining the microbial flora in the intestinal tract of pets and enhances the resistance resulting in the improvement of immune system. They also aid in the treatment of various diseases such as, inflammatory bowel disease, infectious diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome and antibiotic-related diarrhea. Therefore, this helps animals to derive maximum nutrition from the feed, which in turn increases the quality of animal products.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Pet Probiotics Market Segment Analysis
Based on the livestock, pet probiotics market has been classified into poultry, cattle, swine, aquaculture, pet, equine, and others.
The Poultry Segment Is Estimated To Dominate The Pet Probiotics Market During The Forecast Period
By livestock, the probiotics in pet feed market is segmented into poultry, ruminants, swine, aquaculture, and others. Moreover, the poultry segment is anticipated to dominate the pet probiotics market during the forecast period. Furthermore, the Asia Pacific region is expected to hold major share in the coming years. The region holds large population base with an increase in a number of urbanized populations who opts for protein-rich food options with poultry products such as eggs and meat. This factor is expected to drive the demand for probiotics in the poultry industry.
Based on the form, the pet probiotics market has been classified into dry, liquid, capsules, and others.
The Dry Segment Is Estimated Significant Growth During The Forecast Period
The dry form of probiotics is mixed in the feed for animals including cattle, poultry, and swine. Also, the dry form of probiotics is generally available in a powdered form, as it is mixed with the feed. This form of probiotics is preferred because it is easy to transport and easy to store as compared to liquid probiotics, which require specialized facilities for storage and transportation.
Pet Probiotics Market Geographical Analysis
On the basis of geography, the study analyzes the pet probiotics market in the global market including, countries like Europe, Asia-Pacific, North America, South America, and the Middle East & Africa.
The Rise In The Demand For Poultry Products In Countries Like China And India Is Expected To Drive The Market For Pet Probiotics In Asia Pacific
The Asia Pacific region has major revenue generating countries such as China and India. These countries have contributed large population base along with the increase in the number of the middle-class population who prefers food products with health benefits with the adaption of an urbanized lifestyle. This has resulted in increase in the demand for poultry products in the region, which has, in turn, resulted in driving the growth of probiotics in the region.
Pet Probiotics Market Competitive Landscape
The key global pet probiotics players contributing to the global market's growth include Chr. Hansen (Denmark), Kinglike DSM N.V., DowDuPont, Evonik Industries, Land O'Lakes. Other players include Lallemand, Bluestar Adisseo Co., Lesaffre, Alltech, Novozymes, Calpis Co. Ltd., Schouw & Co., Unique Biotech, Pure Cultures, Kerry, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
Chr. Hansen A/S is a global bioscience company which is based in Hørsholm, Denmark that develops natural solutions for beverage, nutritional, food, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The company is a supplier of probiotics, enzymes, food cultures, and natural colors. The products are used in fermented milk, food service, cheese production, beverages, wine, meat, fruit preparation, ice cream and desserts, cereals, spreads, bakery products, confectionery, snacks, dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals and agricultural products. It has development centers in Denmark, France, the U.S., and Germany including research facilities in France and Denmark. A large number of the employees engage in R&D for the pharmaceuticals industries and international food.
It has five main production sites: two in Denmark and Germany and one each in France and the US and an international presence in 30 countries. Company has been listed on Nasdaq OMX Copenhagen since June 3, 2010, under the symbol "CHR". Its flavorings division was purchased by Symrise in 2008.
Product Portfolio: The Company's portfolio comprises of pet probiotics, food cultures, enzymes, and natural colors among others.
Why Purchase the Report?
- Visualize the pet probiotics market segmentation composition by livestock, form, and region, highlighting the critical commercial assets and players.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global pet probiotics market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of Global Pet Probiotics Market - level 2 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in excel for the key product of all major market players
The global pet probiotics market report would provide access to an approx. 59 market data table, 48 figures and 180 pages.
- Service Providers/ Buyers
- Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
- Education & Research Institutes
- Research Professionals
- Emerging Companies
Table of Contents
1. Global Pet Probiotics Market Methodology and Scope
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Research Objective and Scope of the Report
2. Global Pet Probiotics Market - Market Definition and Overview
3. Global Pet Probiotics Market - Executive Summary
- 3.1. Market Snippet by Livestock
- 3.2. Market Snippet by Form
- 3.3. Market Snippet by Region
4. Global Pet Probiotics Market - Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Market Impacting Factors
- 4.1.1. Drivers
- 4.1.2. Restraints:
- 4.1.3. Opportunity
- 4.1.4. Impact Analysis
5. Global Pet Probiotics Market - Industry Analysis
- 5.1. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2. Supply Chain Analysis
- 5.3. Value Chain Analysis
- 5.4. PEST Analysis
- 5.5. Pricing Analysis
- 5.6. Regulatory Analysis
- 5.7. Reimbursement Analysis
- 5.8. Unmet Needs
- 5.9. Patent Trends
6. Global Pet Probiotics Market - COVID-19 Analysis
- 6.1. Analysis of Covid-19 on the Market
- 6.1.1. Before COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.2. Present COVID-19 Market Scenario
- 6.1.3. After COVID-19 or Future Scenario
- 6.2. Pricing Dynamics Amid Covid-19
- 6.3. Demand-Supply Spectrum
- 6.4. Government Initiatives Related to the Market During Pandemic
- 6.5. Manufacturers Strategic Initiatives
- 6.6. Conclusion
7. Global Pet Probiotics Market - By Livestock
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Livestock
- 7.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Livestock
- 126.96.36.199. Poultry Introduction
- 188.8.131.52. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 7.3.2. Cattle
- 7.3.3. Swine
- 7.3.4. Aquaculture
- 7.3.5. Pet
- 7.3.6. Equine
- 7.3.7. Others
8. Global Pet Probiotics Market - By Form
- 8.1. Introduction
- 8.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By form
- 8.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By form
- 184.108.40.206. Dry
- 220.127.116.11. Introduction
- 18.104.22.168. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%)
- 8.3.2. Liquid
- 8.3.3. Capsules
- 8.3.4. Others
9. Global Pet Probiotics Market - By Region
- 9.1. Introduction
- 9.2. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Region
- 9.3. Market Attractiveness Index, By Region
- 9.4. North America
- 9.4.1. Introduction
- 9.4.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.4.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Livestock
- 9.4.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 9.4.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. U.S.
- 126.96.36.199. Canada
- 188.8.131.52. Mexico
- 9.5. Europe
- 9.5.1. Introduction
- 9.5.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.5.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Livestock
- 9.5.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 9.5.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. Germany
- 220.127.116.11. U.K.
- 18.104.22.168. France
- 22.214.171.124. Italy
- 126.96.36.199. Spain
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Europe
- 9.6. South America
- 9.6.1. Introduction
- 9.6.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.6.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Livestock
- 9.6.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 9.6.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 184.108.40.206. Brazil
- 220.127.116.11. Argentina
- 18.104.22.168. Rest of South America
- 9.7. Asia Pacific
- 9.7.1. Introduction
- 9.7.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.7.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Livestock
- 9.7.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 9.7.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
- 22.214.171.124. China
- 126.96.36.199. India
- 188.8.131.52. Japan
- 184.108.40.206. Australia
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Asia Pacific
- 9.8. Middle East and Africa
- 9.8.1. Introduction
- 9.8.2. Key Region-Specific Dynamics
- 9.8.3. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Livestock
- 9.8.4. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Form
- 9.8.5. Market Size Analysis, and Y-o-Y Growth Analysis (%), By Country
10. Global Pet Probiotics Market - Competitive Landscape
- 10.1. Competitive Scenario
- 10.2. Market Positioning/Share Analysis
- 10.3. Mergers and Acquisitions Analysis
11. Global Pet Probiotics Market - Company Profiles
- 11.1. Chr. Hansen: *
- 11.1.1. Company Overview
- 11.1.2. Product Portfolio and Description
- 11.1.3. Key Highlights
- 11.1.4. Financial Overview
- 11.2. Kinglike DSM N.V.
- 11.3. DowDuPont
- 11.4. Evonik Industries
- 11.5. Land O'Lakes
- 11.6. Lallemand
- 11.7. Bluestar Adisseo Co.
- 11.8. Lesaffre
- 11.9. Alltech
- 11.10. Novozymes
- 11.11. Calpis Co., Ltd.
- 11.12. Schouw & Co.
- 11.13. Unique Biotech
- 11.14. Pure Cultures
- 11.15. Kerry
- 11.16. Mitsui & Co., Ltd. (LIST NOT EXHAUSTIVE)
12. Global Pet Probiotics Market - Premium Insights
13. Global Pet Probiotics Market - DataM Intelligence
- 13.1. Appendix
- 13.2. About Us and Services
- 13.3. Contact Us