A Data-driven Index to Highlight Promising Business Destinations for 2019
In the context of a global economic and business environment, emerging markets have increasingly been taking center-stage in the growth strategies of businesses across the globe, with GDP growth rates across emerging markets outpacing that of developed economies. With accelerated middle-class expansion and a large and growing working-age population, it is a remarkable consumption story in the emerging markets, where investors are increasingly being taking advantage of. Moreover, prudent governance in emerging markets through the provision of state-of-the-art infrastructure and attractive business measures also works as a prime growth enabler.
The concept of go-to emerging markets, however, is an ever-changing one, in the light of heightened volatility in the financial markets, looming geopolitical concerns, increasing competitions, and changing business needs. In this context, Frost & Sullivan annually monitors global emerging markets using a comprehensive, data-driven indexing approach to identify emerging market front-runners, transforming emerging markets, as well as fledgling emerging markets. Following the release of the 2017 and 2018 Emerging Markets List, Frost & Sullivan has now developed the 2019 Emerging Markets List to help companies develop a systematic and proactive approach to emerging market expansion.
A Frost & Sullivan Emerging Market should fulfil the following 3 criteria:
- Nominal GDP for 2019, based on projections by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), should be $25 billion and more.
- Total population for 2019, based on projections by the IMF, should be more than 5 million.
- GDP per capita based on purchasing power parity (PPP) for 2019, based on projections by the IMF, should not be more than $35,000.
Based on the fulfilment of these three criteria, 64 emerging countries were chosen and a ranking system was applied to these countries.
Regional coverage includes Africa, Americas, Asia-Pacific, Central Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East.
Table of Contents
1. FROST & SULLIVAN'S TOP EMERGING MARKETS LIST, 2019
- Why Emerging Markets?
- 2019 Growth Sentiment in Emerging Markets by Region
- Research Overview
- Global Hot Spots-Key Emerging Markets, 2019
Market Definitions and Research Methodology
- Frost & Sullivan's Definition of an Emerging Market
- Index Methodology-How Does the Model Work?
- Emerging Markets List, 2019-Pillars
- Emerging Markets, 2019-Indicators
Why Emerging Markets?
- Macroeconomic Factors Supporting Emerging Markets
- Demographic Factors Supporting Emerging Markets
- Smartphone in Emerging Markets
- Global Rank, 2019
- Global Rank, 2019 (continued)
- Emerging Markets-Categories by Region and Description
- Regional Rank, 2019
- Regional Rank, 2019 (continued)
- Emerging Markets-Categories by GDP Bracket
- Rank by GDP Brackets, 2019
- Rank by GDP Brackets, 2019 (continued)
Country Case Studies
- Key Conclusions
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits
- List of Exhibits (continued)
The Frost & Sullivan Story
- The Frost & Sullivan Story
- Value Proposition-Future of Your Company & Career
- Global Perspective
- Industry Convergence
- 360° Research Perspective
- Implementation Excellence
- Our Blue Ocean Strategy