Advancements in Smart Materials and Manufacturing Technologies are Driving Opportunities
With advancement in Internet of Things (IoT) applications, there is an increased demand for technologies for remote monitoring of vital body parameters and surrounding environment. E-textiles are emerging as a major IoT application trend providing increased safety, communication, and location tracking capability for users.
E-textiles involve integrating electronics with fabrics to provide safety and physiological awareness to users through active mechanism and communication capabilities. In the short term, E-textiles are poised to impact transportation, military and defense, and healthcare industries. The demand for E-textile solutions is poised to increase in manufacturing and entertainment industries in the medium term.
The study assesses key innovation areas, applications, and market segmentation, and growth strategies for E-textiles.
Some of the key questions addressed in the research service are highlighted below:
- What are the key drivers and challenges in the E-textiles industry?
- What are the key applications of E-textiles?
- What are the key functionalities of E-textiles?
- What are key growth strategies for E-textile stakeholders?
Table of Contents
1.0. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Research Methodology
- 1.3. Research Methodology Explained
- 1.4. Summary of Key Findings
- 1.4. Summary of Key Findings (continued)
2.0. TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
- 2.1. E-textiles: An Overview of Next-gen Wearable Technology
- 2.2. Growing Market Demand - A Key Driver for Advancements in E-textiles
- 2.3. Mass-Production Glitches Hindering Wide-Scale Adoption of E-textiles
3.0. INNOVATIONS IN E-TEXTILES
- 3.1. Basic Functionalities of Intelligent Textiles
- 3.2. Sensor Innovations in E-textiles
- 3.3. Actuator Innovations in E-textiles
- 3.4. Innovations for Energy Management of E-textiles
- 3.5. Innovations Enabling Efficient Communication Systems for E-textiles
4.0. APPLICATION DIVERSITY AND GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES FOR E-TEXTILES
- 4.1. Application Diversity of Smart Textiles
- 4.2. Market Segmentation of E-textiles
- 4.3. Breakthrough E-textile Innovations Witnessing Funding Opportunities to Develop Products
- 4.4. Forming Partnerships a Key Strategy to Develop Products
- 4.5. What is the Road Ahead for E-textile Industry?
- 5.1. E-textile Key Patents
- 5.1. E-textile Key Patents (continued)
6.0. INDUSTRY CONTACTS
- 6.1. Key Industry Contacts
- Legal Disclaimer