Sensors, Big Data, Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence Drive Opportunities in the Food and Beverage Industry
Smart sensors transform conventional industrial machines into connected industrial machines by connecting the device to the Internet. Connected industrial machines integrated with smart sensors are smart electronic devices, which can be remotely retrieved, observed, and measured using personal computers, laptops and smartphones. In food manufacturing process, sensors are built for detecting and identifying contaminants in food quality and food safety applications. Mostly, the sensors are built and utilized “in-line” and are directly integrated to the current manufacturing lines. Advancements in sensors for food and beverage industry are enabling key benefits such as process monitoring, shelf-life investigation, freshness evaluation, authenticity assessment and other quality control studies.
Key Questions Answered in the Technology and Innovation Report:
- 1. What is the significance of sensors in food and beverage industry?
- 2. What are the technology trends and key enabling technologies?
- 3. What are the factors that influence technology development and adoption?
- 4. Who are the key innovators driving developments?
- 5. What are the opportunities based on patent and funding trends?
- 6. What are the future prospects of the technology?
- 7. What sort of strategies do OEMs need to embrace to gain entry and sustain the competitive marketplace?
Table of Contents
1.0. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1.1. Scope of the Technology and Innovation Research
- 1.2. Research Methodology
- 1.3. Research Methodology Explained
- 1.4. Summary of Key Findings
- 1.4. Summary of Key Findings (continued)
2.0. SENSOR TECHNOLOGY SIGNIFICANCE AND TRENDS DRIVING THE F&B INDUSTRY
- 2.1. Role of Sensors in the Food and Beverage Industry
- 2.2. Networking and Communication Technologies Driving Food and Beverage Sector
- 2.3. Key Sensor Technologies Enabling Growth in Food and Beverage Industry
3.0. FACTORS INFLUENCING TECHNOLOGY, MARKET DEVELOPMENT, AND ADOPTION
- 3.1. Factors Influencing Connected Industrial Machine Adoption in the Food and Beverage Sector
- 3.2. Push towards Food Safety and Advent of Internet-of-Things are Driving Factors
- 3.3. Factors Hindering Connected Industrial Machine Adoption in the Food and Beverage Sector
- 3.4. Sensor Reliability Issues and Stringent Regulations are Key Challenges
4.0. PATENT AND FUNDING TRENDS
- 4.1. Global Patent Trend Analysis
- 4.2. Funding Trends Shows High Interest from Government for Food Safety Applications
- 4.3. Funding Boosts Growth Opportunities in the Food and Beverage Sector
5.0. KEY STAKEHOLDER INITIATIVES AND INNOVATION PROFILES
- 5.1. Monnit Corporation - Wireless Air Quality Sensor for Detecting Particulate Matter in the Air
- 5.2. PIL Sensoren GmbH - Ultrasonic Sensor for Industrial Applications
- 5.3. American Semiconductor, Inc.-RFID Tags Determining Food Product Temperature
- 5.4. Insort GmbH-Image Sensing Technique for Detecting Foreign Bodies in Food
- 5.5. Pyreos Ltd.- Novel Pyroelectric Sensor for Industrial Applications
- 5.6. SONOTEC Ultraschallsensorik Halle GmbH-Sensor for Gas Leakage Detection
- 5.7. Spectral Engines Oy-MEMS based Sensors for Food Safety Applications
- 5.8. RS Components-Optical Sensors for Food Processing Applications
- 5.9. University based Innovations Facilitating Food Safety Applications
- 5.10. Key Research Developments Aiding Food Infrastructure Management
6.0. CONVERGENCE SCENARIO AND STRATEGIC PERSPECTIVES ON GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- 6.1. Digitization Impact on Food and Beverage Industry
- 6.2. Convergence Scenarios of Cobots and AI Boost Growth Opportunities in Food and Beverage Sector
- 6.3. Analyst Insights on Growth Opportunities for Food and Beverage Sector
7.0. SYNOPSIS OF KEY PATENTS IN THE FOOD AND BEVERAGE SECTOR
- 7.1. Key Patents-Product Locating and Notification System
- 7.2. Key Patents-Bacterial Contaminants and Culture Specimen Sampling in Container
- 7.3. Key Patents-Automated Container Monitoring and Food Intake Assessment
- 7.4. Key Patents-Optical Recognition System and Printed Can Lid
8.0. KEY INDUSTRY CONTACTS
- 8.1. Key Industry Contacts
- Legal Disclaimer