Medical tourism can be defined as the process where individuals travel outside of their country of residence to receive medical care. Key drivers of the medical tourism industry include rising healthcare costs (particularly for elective and non-essential procedures), infrastructure improvements in the travel and tourism industry, decreasing costs of travel, advancements in technology, and the rise of international accreditation agencies.
Medical tourism is a key market for both the medical devices industry and the growth of emerging markets. The availability of lower-cost medical procedures drives the growth of the medical devices industry across many markets, and GlobalData expects that this theme will continue to grow in the years to come.
This is a single theme report providing in-house analyst expertise of medical tourism from the medical devices perspective, exploring different medical procedures and manufacturers within the medical device industry that contribute to this theme.
Components of the report include -
- Key Players - identify the major market leaders and challengers in the medical tourism industry.
- Trends - identify the key trends shaping the medical tourism industry over the 12 to 24 months.
- Industry Analysis - identify the impact of medical tourism across different sub-segments with examples of case studies.
- Value Chain - identify the various segments of the medical tourism value chain.
- COVID-19 Impact - Understand the impact of COVID-19 on the medical tourism industry.
Reasons to Buy
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of medical tourism by understanding the primary ways in which this theme is impacting the medical devices industry.
- Stay up to date on the industry's major players.
- Identify emerging industry trends in medical tourism to gain a competitive advantage.
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on medical tourism and identify which types of companies could potentially benefit/lose from this impact.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Thematic Briefing
- Industry Analysis
- Value Chain
- COVID-19 Impact on Medical Tourism
- Further Reading
- Our Thematic Research Methodology